Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

ANNOUNCING the offical ABSINTHE PILL!!!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » ANNOUNCING the offical ABSINTHE PILL!!! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 30, 2002Pikkle25 3-30-02  7:15 pm
Archive through April 01, 2002_Blackjack25 4-1-02  4:44 pm
Archive through April 02, 2002Head_Prosthesis25 4-2-02  4:54 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now would be a good time to post a little free verse Amnesiac ... follow me...
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ain't I?

Hey- I just saw robin williamas astt the Fox Theater (detroit) the other night.

Fucking gunny funny fella. goddamn hilarious. '

'hill' arious. Hills absinthe. Hahah.

Okay. I've got to suhut tshut shut the fucck up now. Shit.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hahahahhaa... He's a gem.
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

O.k. I'm thorugo.ly drunk right now. I've had abot 7 shots of La Fee, 1 shot of Jack Daniels (the supreme kind), a shot of Candian club, and Ia shot of Limon Bicardi. I'm royaly fucke up. BUT- I do extend the ovive b rance to Rimbaud. I'm sorry dude. I should'n't ha e been such a rpic. Prick. I am 100#$% sorry. I n33d to learn to be less of an asshoe. You'v been here longe tan me. 'm sorry.

Cheers to all ove you. I've felt the secondary aeeffects. The'r greeatt!!!

Sorry I sound os stupid. I really am meeesed up.

Night everoone.

love you, Rimbaud. I'm sorry. I won't be a jerk no more. I am sorry.

Bye now.

Druken Amnesiac.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A toast to fighting like men, to bannana bread and especially to PUSSIES!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only pussies overcome differences! Fight to the death like real men! Or will that be hug and trade bannana bread recipes like real PUSSIES!!!!!
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sure am, I'll toast to anything. If he accepts the olive branch, I'll toast to that; if not, I'll toast to another bitch fight.

:-)
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be drinking and watching as well. Because tonight is Soaky In The Liver night...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're assuming Rimbaud has accepted the olive branch.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tonight I'll drink a toast to Amnesiac and Rimbaud. May those in the Middle East be as sensible as you guys in overcoming their differences.
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And I second that motion- MORE DRINKING!!!! I'm off now to spread the wonderous word of the green fairy to those less fortunate...
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll take your advice, thank you.

I definitely think its time to give the old feud a rest. I'll say no more about it. It's in the past and I'm done with it.

(My last response on the matter- this'll probably make me a 'pussy' in Rimbaud's eyes. Oh well. I can live with far worse...)

I wish nothing but peace and goodwill from now on to ALL forum members. Rimbaud included. Sorry for ruffling your feathers, old chap.
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

more drinking....less typing
Admin
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

both of ya'll ... *YAWN* give it up already.
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rimbaud- I would never step foot into the forum convention in NY to 'talk it out' with you. You sound so fucking psychotic that you'd probably murder me. Maybe you WOULD like to die, but I would not. I don't mind insulting you over the forum, but there's no fucking way I'd do it to your face. You're like one of those drivers with road rage- you've got so much ego that its like you're trying to prove something to someone. Call me a pussy, I don't really care. When it comes to whack-jobs like yourself, I'll do whatever it takes to keep myself out of danger. So why don't you just go and buy a punching bag and take out all your anger on that, Mr. Asshole.

To quote my favorite book, and movie (you guess which one):

"Where'd you go, psycho-boy?"

"21st Century Amnesiac"
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nothing wrong w/a hug, a pat on the ass, and swappin' spit.
Right Pikkle?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Funny how you use the term "outing".
Morriganlefey
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I venture a wager that, now that Marc is likely to join the ranks of we Bay-Area Absintheurs, at our next lil outting he and Doc O will be huggin' by the end of the eve.

Grinning at the thought,
- M
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"The difference is: Don knows his shit when it comes to absinthe and you have yet to convince me that you do."

Marc, I'm going to re-state something I have said before: Don and Ted know A SHITLOAD more about absinthe than I do. I will probably never know as much as they do.

No problem with that. I LOVE people who know a lot and make good absinthe.

But there is a difference between knowing a lot and knowing everything. And it's a mistake to assume that someone who knows less than you do knows nothing, and cannot have an original thought.

In 18th century France there were hundreds of experienced distillers and chemists. Absinthe was invented by an MD.

Yeah, Marc, let's try to communicate better in the future.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

you embody the phrase:
WE HAVE A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.

I know you're a good soul and I understand why you would want to shake up the status quo (Don and Ted). I have had serious problems with Don myself.
But, ultimately I came to appreciate Don's anti-establishment, in your face style, much as I've come to understand yours. The difference is: Don knows his shit when it comes to absinthe and you
have yet to convince me that you do.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, I do agree with you that I have not seen the Forum soar like it has before. It's pretty anarchic right now. Good things can come from anarchy.

One funny thing I learned in this Forum is that if you fight and dislike someone long enough, one day you wake up and that person feels like an old friend.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

head,

I beg of you, stop the shock treatments.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

...AND I LIKE to think I made it all possible.

teeheee heee heee heee heeeeee
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

I would include you, despite our differences,
as a member of the forum's golden age.

Remember, we were all newbies once, curious about absinthe culture and eager to learn. But now, look around. The forum has been highjacked by a bunch of loudmouthed, no-nothing idiots. There's no other way to describe it. Its fucking sad.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chev, nostalgia is a wonderful thing. I just read Marc's post. He remembers a wonderful Forum.

My memories are slightly different. I remember a Forum where newbies were mercilessly reamed, independently of whether their posts were stupid of not. A supposedly controversial Forum where you couldn't talk about the only molecule that makes absinthe controversial. A Forum where the Truth was in the hands of two individuals who responded to any questioning of their Godhood with a: "Shut up. I AM who I AM."

So this is a different Forum, Chev. It is not what I would like it to be, either, but such is life.
Rimbaud
Posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2002 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I gotta say, man, that you fell for that one.
You must have anger management problems. All it took was a little baiting, and you just popped out and showed what a complete prick you are."

If that original post (the one addressed to me) was an attempt at humor/sarcasm, it was pretty damn unclear, you little pretentious newbie bitch. Either that, or you've suddenly changed your mind regarding the original intent of your post, on account of you being a pussy. Next time, make sure you're clearer on how you intend your posts to be taken, otherwise, deal with the consequences of the misunderstanding by others of said posts.

"And what's with the '21st Century Rimbaud'? What, are you immortal or a vampire you fucking beatnik?"

Beatnik. Still wonder why you seem to use the word with such a derrogatory tone. What's with the "Amnesiac" moniker? Forgotten who you are?

"Come on, man, grow the fuck up. You were a 'newbie' once too. So why don't you get off your high fucking horse and watch yourself, or you might not make it to 40."

Don't follow you there, cockroach.

"Oh wait- you probably want to die at like, 38 or something."

Now you're just copying my post. Very uninteresting.

"Do I 'parody' your post? Yes. Do I care? no."

Once again-????????

"You're the pathetic little twat, and probably a very closed minded little crybaby to boot."

Very presumptuous. Almost seems like you think you know me, you little vulgar cretin.

"So before you get to feeling too powerful, take a long look in the mirror and realize what an asshole you are. Then maybe I'll stop laughing at YOUR response, you sad little boy."

You must be the asshole, because all I've heard from you so far is complete and utter shit of the most malodorous sort.

"(I do agree about the Radiohead album though- quite beautiful. I'm not sure whether I like Kid A better though. Perhaps they're both equally beautiful.)"

What the fuck would you know. You were probably listening to the Insane Clown Posse a year ago. Just a hunch.

"All I really wanted to say to you, Rimbaud, was to chill the fuck out and lighten the fuck up. Life IS too short to piss away by getting into bitching contests with others..."

You started the bitching after I made a harmless comment about the ridiculousness of this thread.
And don't say you meant your violent retort as a joke. That's a fucking lie and a copout. Piss off, you sad cunt. If you have a problem with me, come to the NY gathering in June. We'll "talk it over" then.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2002 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Morrigan, the Forum has had a surprisingly long run, considering how obscure the theme of absinthe really is. The broad strokes were painted here long ago, and as discussions of absinthe production have gotten nittier and grittier, forumites have flown from the nest and gone semi-private. Wolfgang has rightly said that the Forum is in the doldrums until the Jade wind blows. I jokingly predicted back in July that Jadeís arrival would set a light under the Forum and spark a zillion posts. I certainly think it will get some of the old guard posting again. Until then, itíll go on being heaven for newbies and purgatory for the oldsters.
Morriganlefey
Posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2002 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amen to that, Wolfgang. Sad but true, I'm in the same boat.

- M
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, you know what, that`s what happen to most online community. New kinds of newbies comes and yap non stop and the old ones just get bored and quiet. I have been active on the forum for maybe a year. Now I just read about 1/3 of the threads once or twice a week. I have learned what I wanted to learn here and interesting discussions concerning absinthe making are now going via emails because some people believe it have no place on this forum (and I understand their motive, even if I find it sad). What is left are mainly the newbies asking for directions, which is fine but I`m getting bored to type the SC web site address... We all get bored, too bad.
Amnesiac
Posted on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Admin-

I hate to have to disagree with you, but if I were to cower in the face of authority, I couldn't face myself in the mirror in the morning.

Soooo....

Rimbaud was indeed a newbie once. Even if he was the founding member of the forum, he would technically be a newbie. He was 'new' to the forum, thus 'newbie'.

That's my reasoning and I'm stickin' to it.

'Nuff Said.
Tavarua
Posted on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MILF!!!!
Arj
Posted on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

a pretty woman drinking segarra? you're doubly blessed dr. o

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page