Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through March 30, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » ANNOUNCING the offical ABSINTHE PILL!!! » Archive through March 30, 2002 « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahahahaha... that's gay!
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rimbaud-

As a 'newbie', I'd just like to say one thing to you:

"Fuck you and your 'frat house' reference. Most importantly though- I mean the FUCK YOU."

This post was meant as a thought-provoking discussion. I even prefaced it that it should've waited until April 1. I am 22 years old and I don't like fraternities. I'm a writer, a thinker, and a self-inspired philosopher. I'm not your usual 22 year old. Due to certain circumstances, I was forced to act much older than my years for most of my teens, and now well into my twenties. I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. I sometimes indulge in some alcoholic fun. I mostly do Yoga, meditate on the grand scheme of things, and do various forms of art. I consider myself to be a unique individual with a unique viewpoint. If you don't like this thread, you don't have to read it. You certainly don't have to post something rude about 'newbies'. Without 'new' blood, things can get rather old and certainly less than fresh. All I've tried to do is make things interesting by bringing my own discussions into the mix. I would appreciate it if you gave me the respect that I have so far given everyone on this board.

In my opinion, you are the lowest of all individuals. You do not make others feel welcome, and you give off the harshest of negative vibes. I think you need to take a good long look in the mirror and decide if it's worth it to wake up alive tomorrow. If I were you, I'd take a nice long nap and opt to never wake up and never again disgrace the world with your presence. I'm not you, however. I cherish life and I cherish the opportunity to wake up every single day. I don't walk around insulting others just so I can get a false 'high' and feel good for two minutes while someone else feels bad. But goddamn, Rimbaud, when push comes to shove, I WILL fucking shove back.

DO NOT PUSH ME. Everyone else has been graciously nice to me since I've been here, and I thank everyone for that. Absinthe by its general nature has been used by creative-minded individuals and those that welcome sharing their information and welcome having a discussion with others. You, Rimbaud, by your petty insignificant comment, are disgracing its very nature. May the green fairy bring hell itself to your doorstep.

Good day sir.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pay attention- it was an april fools question. Or are you being hyper-sarcastic in saying that?

I'm so confused...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't like shots, quite often they make me throw up.

Rimbaud, most posters by far on this thread are not newbies.

Hobgoblin
Rimbaud
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is the most stupid thread ever. Where did this recent crop of newbies come from-a frat house? And enough with the Alanis Morrisette references. She is an overrated piece of shite! End of rant.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

why a booze pill? tossing back a few shots of Jack Black has got to be quicker than a pill.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 2:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

An absinthe pill? Why not?

I'd take a booze pill. Sometimes your in a hurry to get drunk but just can't seem to get there. A booze pill would be just fine for those ocassions.

Hobgoblin
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shwing low, sweet hairy root...
Cummin' for to wish I was blowed...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FREE WILLY! FREE WILLY!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's nature night every night in the Head household.
Sicboy13
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

IIIIIII, reccomend walkin naked in your livingrooooom..la la la da da da da, la da da da.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, sarcasm aside, it is about the enjoyment of the absinthe, the rituals behind it, sharing with friends... it would be impossible to properly release the green faery from a pill.... your right a pill could not replace it but amnesiac is right, someone would probably try to market an absinthe this or an absinthe that just to cash in on it's popularity.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"don't ya wanna get a buzz on?"
Alannis Moreisbetter
Sicboy13
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll take one absinthe pill, wash it down with some yoohoo, then take a Marinol(I'm sure we all have heard of this,right?) pill. Put on my favorite Alanis cd & get naked like a mug.

No, dem's jokes. I wouldnt take a pill instead of absinthe(well, I am now-codiene) because i cannot really drink today(a little won't hurt though.......right?)Or any other pill substituting a substance I enjoy, regardless of what it is. I, too, love my glasses, spoons, big `ole janky sports bottle for drizzlins, and the whole little ritual.

"Isn't it ironic...."
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

would you like another serving of sarcasm? I might have more laying around here. this is a preemptive april fools right? if not pour me another shot of that juice.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The pleasure of drinking absinthe is, well, drinking absinthe. If you don't like the taste, don't drink it. If you want to take a pill to feel good, I think you are looking for something else.

Yes the beautiful glasses and spoons also fulfill a certain fetish I enjoy- taking a pill certainly wouldn't do that for me.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know.... pills.... seems too easy to abuse... what the hell, you got to die from something right? I'll take a handful please... wait... does my HMO cover this?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would not take an absithe pill. It's the whole experience of it for me. I can get that kind of buzz on with a little meditation. But it don't taste as good.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

head p- wouldn't be great though, you could go for the tertiary effect (brain freeze), blaspheming aside. heh! I grew up on the slerpis down here to. I got a new one how about the absinthe RC Cola + Moonpie (I know head, it's another sacred institution and staple of the middle class east coasters).
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Slerpis is a long held sacred tradition here. I don't appreciate you blaspheming it.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'll take one super-sized absinthe slurpee , please.... please.... no really ,please... with sugar on top.
Admin
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vera, I had something close, Greekfest in New Orleans had filled a daiquiri machine with Ouzo. I'm tellin' ya, in the middle of summer, that was one fine icey. Absinthe would be even better ...
Sicboy13
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

that spoon, brought to you by the forerunners in spoon technology. None other than the inventor of the spork. A one, Spridle S. Pork esquire.
Verawench
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I want a perpetually churning, humming, mesmerizing absinthe icee machine right in my bedroom, snowboarding polar bears and all.

And some big ol' plastic cups. And those straws with the little scoop at the end.
Amnesiac
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This post really should've waited until April 1.

Anyhow, what would we do with an Absinthe pill? Would it be worth it? Or is most of the enjoyment from Absinthe the ritual and history behind it all?

I for one think I would massively abuse an Absinthe pill. But at this hour, I'm not really lisenced to think. (The damn alcohol from La Fee is hitting me.)

So since this world we live in is all about capitalizing on the hip and popular, what's next? Absinthe pills, Absinthe cookies, Absinthe tea???

Things can only get worse. I mean better. No. I mean worse.

Shit. I don't know what the fuck I mean. I need another shot...

Peace and love to you all.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page