Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sprits Corner; A newbies' perspective...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Sprits Corner; A newbies' perspective « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sales Pecker!

Long time no see, Druggie Asshole.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

slerpis
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis is a whole
'nother animal than
Lafee Taffy.
It's red, It's undead,
It goes straight to your head,
Makes you hard before bed,
Get's your ass kicked out of Club Med...

BY ALL MEANS Do not pass up the glory that
is Serpis. And for an extra kick add it
to a Cherry Slurpee (or Code Red Slurpee) for the spiritual
illumination that is simply known as
the Fabled Slerpis.
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Also- for those of you that have tried it- how does La Fee compare to Serpis? I just finished my bottle of La Fee last night and i'm looking to get something to tide me over until my order from Wolvie arrives. Any thoughts on Serpis? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What's this 'poison batch' I keep hearing about it. Was there really a batch that sent folks to the emergency room?

Do tell.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My how the seasons change...
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:
"I think that
she's crossed the line between making a profit and
price-gouging. However, I would be interested in comparing
her LaBleues to ..."

See post below and watch out for her poison batch.
[Theres a hollow point bullet with my name on it]
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:
"...Of course, if I was charging $200+ a bottle and $50-75 for a $15-25 spoon, I'd be answering emails 24x7 too."

Give a girl a break. Fakery as a second job isnt easy.
While the rest of you are soppin up Absinthe she's cornering the market on le chat posters and turning 29 bucks into 7 grand without even breaking a nail.
Impressive!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm actually thinking of ordering from SC. A bottle of Deva & MM. I'm anxious to try both and compare them to the La Fee I have. I had a glass of La Fee last night and is it just me or does it get stronger the closer it gets to the bottom? At the bottom of my glass whenever I'm done I see where the suger has made a small "bed" at the bottom of the glass. I'm wondering if the suger reacts chemically to make make it taste stronger? Could just be my tastes though *shrug*
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I check tracking numbers like that too! Even after I get the delivery I check to see if it says "delivered" - I'm sick I tell ya!

I don't know what type of discounts Betty gives to regulars but I just can't justify her prices. To be honest, I could afford her, but I won't buy on principle. I think that she's crossed the line between making a profit and price-gouging. However, I would be interested in comparing her LaBleues to wolvie's.

Ask the forum how many people have lost shipments to customs.
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanks for the tip Destiny. I may try Wolvie once just because it's smart to try different sources. The best thing about Betty is she gives good discounts after you've ordered from her a few times and I tend to get impatient when waiting for the goods to arrive (I'm the neurotic type that checks tracking #'s twice a day!). Plus the fact that you don't have to worry about customs is a major plus.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry- I was being hyper sarcastic about the edit function.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

robertsmith - wolvie is trustworthy, as it Betty. If you have the money and want it here NOW, stick with Betty. (Of course, if I was charging $200+ a bottle and $50-75 for a $15-25 spoon, I'd be answering emails 24x7 too.) With wolvie, orders generally arrived as promised, within 2 weeks. Wolvie had a medical situation that seemed to have slowed things down lately. Plus, I don't think that he planned for all the business that he has received lately. Taste reviews have been good/excellent and the price is excellent compared to similar product.

Do whatever you want, I have enough stash to last a while so I'm in no rush personally.
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

figures, now I can't edit my message with the quote....
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

While I haven't ordred from Wolvie, I've heard no positive remarks about Wolvie's shipping procedures! Anytime I've ordred from Betty, I got the order within 5 business days, and she usually replies to any emails within hours. I've heard wolvie sometimes takes 2-3 months to ship after receiving payment.
Salspec
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, SC is a trust-worthy site. I just recieved 2 bottles of mari-mayan, 4 bottles of deva70, and one bottle of versinthe. By the way guys, is versinthe considered a absinthe...the advertisement states that it is some sort of relative to the traditional recipe? Either way, its pretty good. I like it more than the deva, and Mari-mayan. But, I do have 2 bottles of the la bleue from wolvie that should be here in two weeks or so...
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I edited the post. Hopefully there won't be any Bibles arriving from Spain any time soon!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and so on, and so on, and so on...
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You should probably edit yours then....

and send a memo to open all the fucking olive oil
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I emailed Kallisti and asked her to edit the post if robertsmith doesn't.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robertsmith- would you mind editing that post? We generally don't talk about how they label the customs boxes. Cause, y'know, somebody out there might read this and send a memo to open all the fucking boxes marked 'human remains' :-|
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Especially if you're a newbie, I suggest a LaBleue from wolvie before spending 3x the amount at Betina.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hahaha...

(booo hissss)
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spiritscorner is an excellent (probably the best) source for Spanish. Their service was exactly as they said it would be and my bottles arrived in a box that said Bibles on it to conceal them from customs I've ordered Deva, Deva 70, Mari Mayans 70, NS, Lasala, and Montana from them, and have been pleased everytime. I agree that the shipping is a bit much, but when you consider that Betty charges $120 for a bottle of Deva which you can get from SC for $45 including shipping, the choice is obvious! If you are a newbie, I highly recommend that you get a LaBleu from Betina Elixers at some point, because in spite of the price, it really is a totally different experience from the spanish. Once you've had the swiss, you'll know what I mean. Don't waste your money or time at www.absinth.com. Their Sebor is crap and everything else is even worse than that!
Admin
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The new shipping prices are a little stiff ... I'm gonna siphon off all my not-so-desirable stuff before I do any more ordering. feh.
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, I think the prices are pretty cheap. Yeah, shipping is a bit much. Considering how far it has to go, its not too much. You just have to figure out how many bottles to buy at each shipping price level. I got two bottles at 45 USD each with shipping, plus little stuff like spoons and a mini, which is practically nothing and does not raise the shipping cost.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

After looking around the net and then this forum on where to buy my first absinthe, I decided on Sprits Corner. Let me say that I am IMPRESSED with Cristina! Also, you all saved me a ton of grief (I was originally eying up a certain Sabor distributor....).

She was prompt with her replies to my questions and right on with her delivery time. I ordered 2 bottles of Serpis 55 (w/2 free glasses), one of N.S. 55 and one of Mari Mayans 70. She said shipping would be 7-10 working days. Well, yesterday was (working) day 8 and I got both packages! Impressive.

Everything arrived intact. The packaging was INCREDIBLE! They could have tossed them out of the plane onto my driveway and the bottles would have been fine. I've never seen anything like the styrofoam sleeves that she uses.

One common gripe I found on the forum was her shipping. I figured that ordering 3 or 4 bottles would be the most economical for me right now. She charged 113 EU (to the US). The ACTUAL shipping on both packages was 90 EU. That puts it 23 EU to her profit. Well, when you consider the phenominal packing job (must be seen to be believed!) the 23 EU is worth it for peace of mind.

The two packages freaked me out when I saw them. They looked like something my German relatives would have sent to my family when I was a kid. Same paper, same twine around it, etc. They looked like presents from family. I firmly believe this appearance may be partly why customs didn't muss w/them.

Her product prices MAY be a LITTLE higher than some others, but she is willing to make good on "lost" shipments. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO.

I could not have had a better first experience. I'll go back again.

Enough of my ramblings. I want to thank everyone for their help in keeping me from getting burned! Since today is Friday and the evening hours are getting very close it's time to go set up a long awaited meeting with the Green Goddess!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page