Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

My eyes rolled back

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » My eyes rolled back « Previous Next »

Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yay !! A Religious Disneyland. I wonder if I can ride the flying NUN.. Wait.. I'd better not, it would'nt look good for the Catholic Church right now.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Land, hell ... it's a religious Disneyland. Flying Mohammeds, falling temples ...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wish the Israeli's & Muslim's would just get over themselves. It's land, nothing else.All this spilling of the blood just shows you how much they are following their religions. No, we cant live in peace. NO no we have to invade towns or blow ourselves up for our God. "God, save us from your followers."
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And staying with the same junior partner come what may gives them the power to do what they like and virtually tell you to 'Fuck off' when you tell them to stop. You then become the weaker partner and look like you need them more than they need you.

Hobgoblin
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jumping around between various alliances cripples your legitimacy. Who is going to vie for a US alliance if they know it will change whenever we can find a nicer one elsewhere?
Just my 2 cents.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes but why must we always be friends with the same warmongering fuckwads? Surely the threat of changing alliances now and then would keep them on their toes? Stop doing things we don't like or we'll stop giving you the bundles of cash we give to you and give it to someone else that lives in your geographical area.

Jordan doesn't do much warmongering these days, nor does Egypt. Then there's our ally Saudi Arabia and all the little Gulf States and then our fellow Nato member Turkey. Who else could we easily ally with? There is Tunisia and Algeria and Morroco, and even Libya have been quiet recently. Hang on a minute where are all these enemy Muslim states, I suppose iraq, Iran and Syria (and even Syria sent troops to fight on our side in the gulf war so she's not entirely beyond the pale), and that's about it really. Why is it generally assumed that Muslim states are our natural enemies?

Hobgoblin
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes- now name one country we could be friends with that isn't run by a collection of brutal warmongering fuckwads.

Hence, my frustration.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why must we be? There are many countries of equal strategic importance in that region. It is a fallacy that we must always support Israel.

If we believe that we have no other option but to be in bed with Israel then Israel really has got us by the nuts. In a partnership like that we are the much weaker partner by far.

Hobgoblin
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No no no, that isn't what I meant.

What I mean is this- I am not trying to sway my politicians because I don't have a better idea.

I would be doing what they are doing. We need a friend in the far lands of Araby.

The Israelis are being bastards. And it changes nothing that we recognise it, as 'the west' that is, because we must still be in bed with them.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sure, decisions are made by a tiny handful of people but their decisions can be swayed by upward pressure from the bottom.

Bush should pay very close attention to what is happening on the streets of moderate Jordan and NATO member Turkey. They're burning Israeli flags and mass burnings of USA flags could well follow.

When the Israelis pull out and the death and destruction they have caused is there for the world to see, if the USA is still standing 'shoulder-to-shoulder' with Sharon then Bush can kiss his 'war on terrorism' goodbye because he will not get any essential support or co-operation from the Muslim world for it. Which is more important, pleasing a very small handful of electors on his Eastern coast or being seen to act fairly by the Muslim world?

And Rabid, if you don't want to get off your arse then you could at least bash out a few letters to your political representatives. You would be really surprised just how few people actually do this, and that coherent, well constructed letters can actually help sway politicians' stances on issues.

Hobgoblin
Tavarua
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

exactly, its fixed by five guys in various places. word.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit ain't fixed by one guy somewhere.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They are trying the 'sure, um- we'll pull our troops out as soon as it's feasible' tack now.

I'm just frustrated that I can't ever fix any of this shit.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What they don't "KNOW" is whether their biggest aid donor will let them get away with it.

The only way to change that, is to demonstrate that we are watching, and we remember, and there will be consequences.

So visit your Senator/Congresscritter instead.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't thik I have a local Israeli consulate.

When you take to the streets, what will you do? Bitch about the situation?

That going to help? They KNOW they are not being nice. They are doing it anyway.

You have a more concrete solution in mind?
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speak for your fucking self, Rabid.

Me, I'll be in the streets. Pay your local Israeli consulate a friendly visit.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The internet gave the armchair quarterback the means to plaster his opinion all over the world.

But really who's listening?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who can pass up a circle jerk on world politics?

We talk and talk, and some of the things we say, well jesus, they're fuckin smart aren't they?

But we DO nothing. Never never never.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He's a quick carriage bumper that one.

ding,ding,ding,ding
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And fifteen minutes later you were back at again, weren't ya?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So I was typing about palestine and it was OK but then as I began to type faster and faster and faster it started to feel real good and then and then there was this sort of explosion and my eyes rolled back in my head

Does anyone have a tissue? I got pixels on my sheets.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page