Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Y Tu Mama Tambien « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Y Tu Mama Tambien" shows your typical Latin America. There's the powerful, Americanized, light-skinned rich; the so-called middle classes (some of whom are allowed to pal around with the rich, though sooner or later they screw each other over); and the dark-skinned poor (who serve the rich and the so-called middle classes ... and are forgotten, if not screwed over, by both groups.)
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's my jockey!!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

PEPE
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am just so disappointed.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OOOPS!!!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OOOPS
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even Tu Mama Started Small.

And Headdy the P gets an appropriate video capture......
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Honestly- and I'll give it to you straight, with no added Amnesiac sarcasm- I typed my posts last night while I was piss-faced drunk. No joke. Reading them today though was quite entertaining.

Hope you all had fun reading them last night. I remember having fun typing them.

Damn, I was messed up.
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Requiem for a dream is on my top ten list of best movies of all time. Fuck the Academy for not giving Ellen Burstyn the best actress award last year! I work for the company that did the sound for Y Tu Mama (Blake Leyh was the supervising sound editor), and saw bits and thought it was brilliant, but it wasn't subtitled yet so I had to guess what was going on. Looks great though. It is reminiscent of Herzog, but obviously not taking itself so damn seriously!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amnesiac, Yes they've seen Requeim and as I recall it got less than welcome applause.
I kind of think you were pulling our (collective) leg last night, just a little bit... Weren't ya'...

Marc, YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!
But you sure can sell a movie. Saw
Dancer in the Dark finally and I wouldn't
have had it not been for your review.
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, one might think I'm not sober, considering that I answered the question in Head's first post- even though it had been answered by a second post by Head and a post by Marc. Maybe I'm sober, but just a complete idiot.

AM I sober? AM I an idiot? (A resounding YES, and YES.)

Shite-puppies. I don't know.

But the movie DOES look interesting.

Top 'o the morning to y'all!!! (My head is pounding. Pounding. Pounding. Pounding.)

Speaking of dopesmoking- I just watched The Basketball Diaries. Great goddamn movie, man. Just great.

Anyone seen Requiem For a Dream?
Amnesiac
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 6:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's a movie. Being hailed as 'marvelous' by critics of all sorts.

Sounds pretty damned good.

(I'm sober now. Can you tell?)
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

head,

get out of the house, away from the computer, and go see the fucking movie. Its a soulful sexy road flick with lots of poontang and dopesmoking.
Easy Rider meets Jules and Jim with some Porkys thrown in.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Weird whistling man, Hand job in the back seat while mom and dad are in front, herky jerky camera movements...

Did Werner Herzog make another film in Mexico?

http://www.ytumamatambien.com
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What the hell is it? If it's a movie all the 24hour theaters and video stores are closed here.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Go see it. Now!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page