Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Arrival

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » New Arrival « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 09, 2002Destiny25 4-9-02  9:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Admin
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

all ya'll have misunderstood my post as well. hehe. it was merely a guffaw at someone cracking a child molestation joke in a new baby announcement. it creeped me. nothing to do with religion or moral highground. and I didn't intend for anyone to feel bad. I just thought it was misjudged taste, that is all.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've just read Destiny's joke. I thought it was hilarious. I was brought up as a Catholic, my wife is a Catholic all my extended family are Catholics and I laughed at it.

People here should lighten up and laugh a bit. A joke is a joke.

I for one think things are just fine here. I like the influx of Newbies saying what they like. It's an improvement on the 'Old Boys Club' atmosphere that hung around here for too long.

People should quit bitching on about how dreadfully awful things are here at the moment as the constant bitching is getting very, very boring.

Hobgoblin
Timk
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Its a shame Chongling wouldnt work as a first name. Maybe you could call her "The Chongling" or something certainly be good for a laugh when she starts school.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My baloney has a first name ...
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My girlfriend's name is an annagram of "Absinth McCoy".
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hate to admit it, but Grace Emilia IS a better name than Abcynthia.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

she is beautiful.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There's my baby! Ain't she precious?
Bob_Chong
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everybody for the kind wishes! I will try to upload a picture of my little Grace Emilia.

Destiny, don't worry--priests are fair game. I'm no Catholic. And as for my being "devout," I don't know what that entails. I am but a flawed man, capable of little good, but I still strive. Drinking absinthe is a part of my carnal nature. I do not confuse my shortcomings as a failure of my belief system. No servant is greater than his master. So please don't look at me as an example: I am but a flickering reflection of the greater light!

Anyway, the baby is the greatest thing ever! She's the first girl born in my family in 36 years. Everyone is ecstatic, but no one moreso than me, the proud Papa!

Gracie

BC
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

she was wonderful in BUTTERFLY.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ha ha!!

Pia Zadora.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since, as far as we know, the little 'un doesn't have a first name, I propose that we call her ... Abscynthia. Abbzy for short.

She will watch "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians" on TV and think that Pia Zadora is the Fée Verte. She will see "The Boy with Green Hair" on video and conclude that he washed it with Mari Mayans. She will eat louched liver for breakfast. (Note that I did not capitalize "louched liver".)
Tavarua
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh shit, you have created a Mini-Chong. Congratulations and don't forget the protective eyewear.
Don_Walsh
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats Bob!

And let's not these evildoers hijack YOUR thread.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...its just that lately it seems impossible
to maintain a thread in this place without cynicism and nastiness rearing their ugly heads. "

Ah, yes, I remember too the good old times, when the Forum was an island of civility and shared knowledge...

Specially when someone would question the Forum's CW. A courteous and learned argument would ensue, leaving readers and posters alike informed and enlightened. All in a environment of the most profound mutual respect.

All that is gone.

Oh tempora, oh mores...
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, didn't mean to freak. My jokes may be off-color or lame, but I'd never target a forum member's kid.

Does this mean I can do my ventriloquist act now?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Destiny, no need to freak- I actually shoulda kept my yap shut.

I just didn't want the Chonger to transform into his Disemboweling Juggernaut Bakka form.

It's always such a mess...

Like, I shouldn't have assumed Bob wouldn't appreciate that. I might be right, but he might have laughed his ass off.

I apologize.
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

destiny,

of course your comment wasn't intended to hurt Bob. its just that lately it seems impossible
to maintain a thread in this place without cynicism and nastiness rearing their ugly heads.
and i'm as guilty as anyone.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lighten up Destiny. Like you did way down there

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page