Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Betina's Elixirs

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Betina's Elixirs « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 10, 2002Timk25 4-10-02  1:17 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, Arty, for "misconstruing your words" one more time.

I misremembered you saying that thujone was a "moot point" when your completely different position was that (quote):

"thujone was a non-issue."

How could I confuse the two?

I must agree with Rabid: you write beautifully. So nicely, in fact, that sometimes people don't realize that you filled a page and said nothing.

But that's OK, I don't want to start another Forum fight.

I will admit that you and Ted have always been aware of the importance (or unimportance, or whatever you want) of thujone.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Rab. That's exactly why it frosted me when someone here proclaimed that "clarity is overrated". I *do* work hard to ensure that what I write conveys exactly what I mean, which is why it frosts me when anyone twists what I meant. For the most part, no harm, no foul, but Ordinaire has misconstrued my words SO many times, it's like he works at it.

And Chevalier, I guess I should happy I didn't praise Rabid's Happy Meal Apocalypse post, because that was bitchin as well. Thanks for your kind words after my Head P. defense. I didn't even mention that a friend and mentor of his offed himself a few days ago. You don't always see the tears of a clown ....
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, you two: now you're even steven. The logs have been rolled. The backs have been scratched. The ...

;-)
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis, I just want to say- It is always a joy to read your posts. You are so damn articulate they are beautiful in their own right, the actual content aside (though that is always good too.)
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

> Arty, you should try some ginko biloba.

I use it daily, except when I forget to take it.

> I'm not talking about any Rabid's post.

Please to be getting the shit out of your ears. *I* was talking about Rabid's post. I thought I made it pretty clear that his post represented what *I* have *actually* said about thujone here, as opposed to what your post below *claims* I said.

> I posited that thujone was important in
> absinthe, and you (and Ted) responded that
> thujone was a moot point,

That much is correct.

> that you have discovered something about
> it and mentioned it to Ted and you could
> not talk about it.

and that is your usual twisted bullshit. It isn't me who needs memory drugs. What I said was:

*Ted Breaux* was doing research on the matter, and that he had privately confided to me information about said research, which confirmed an intuitive but not scientifically proven *belief* of mine about thujone, which cemented my conclusion that thujone was a non-issue. I also made it clear that Ted had asked me not to discuss the details, and that I had promised him that I would not. I also hinted to you that my conclusion was not difficult to reach *without* Ted's help if you just look further than that tired old crap that's been published about absinthe.

> Sorry, Arty, this "I know but I won't tell"
> thingy does not impress people anymore...

There was a time when impressing people here meant something to me, but that time is long past. I don't give a rat's ass who is impressed and who is not, and, in fact, you least of anybody here.

> So, I would like to ask Ted and Artemis what
> they think about THUJONE.

You tried to bait Ted into a discussion that would make him look bad, and you got your ass kicked all over the forum without him typing much more than a snicker as he watched you get savaged like a gimp with a pack of Pit Bulls on his heels. Speaking for myself, what don't you understand about "read Mr. Rabid's post"?
Or "I'm done leading horses to water?" Would it have been more clear if I had said "asses"?

Ordinaire, you try to paint this forum as you against some unresponsive "clique", but you are in fact your own worst enemy.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Forum, seems I have been unfair to Ted and Artemis.

So, I would like to ask Ted and Artemis what they think about THUJONE.

And, if you please, any time they say they know something about it but you are too stupid to understand it...please shoot them....OK?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page