Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

So I finally drank some absinthe.

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » So I finally drank some absinthe. « Previous Next »

Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thats the plan!
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats crowlyman! I think that you would enjoy trying a good LaBleue next since it's probably the most different. Until then, enjoy your Deva and get familiar with the taste so you can have fun with the differences.
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I recieved my order of Deva from SC about 3 and a half weeks after it was first ordered. It was like christmas time in my house! I was a 5 year old little boy running down the stairs to my shiny new bike...I had to restrain myself from opening the bottle and start right away as work has been quite hectic of late. So a couple of days later after all my guest with whom I did not want to share my present with had gone off to bed, I got started.

I opened the bottle and took in the the scent, ah! Not quite what I was expecting-more pleasant!
My wife said that it smells of some sort of cousin of Creme de Mint or something. I placed one of the glasses that I ordered from SC on the counter and measured one shot. Put in my ice water, somewhat slowly so I could watch the louche. I skipped the sugar on my first glass because by all indications, the Spanish varieties really don't need sugar.

I sipped the drink noticing a flavour I hadn't had the luxury of experiencing before. This is a drink that one savours, not devours. I drank slowly, maybe 45 minutes on my first glass(if indeed this is slow). The taste, to me anyways, is slightly aquired. The first glass seemed possibly bitter so I added sugar to the second and third. It seemed to improve slightly but possibly too sweet.

After 3 glasses I quit drinking and fineshed watching the movie I was tuned into. I was hoping whatever I felt wasn't placebo effect. I had drank some before my guests had left and 3 Deva, but I barely felt a buzz. Kind of weird.

The next night, thinking about the sensations of the drink (a peaceful noticability with sharp edges) were indeed there, I dove in for a second night. I think I really like this drink. Fuck that scotch! Well, on second thought, I don't have to wait weeks for a Black Label! I would definetly like to try some of the other absinthes out there. LaFee, LaBleue, NS, Montana and this mysterious Jade everyone keeps talking about.

My first lengthy post here... :)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page