Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 09, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » New Arrival » Archive through April 09, 2002 « Previous Next »

Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

First of all, let me *repeat* that my comment was NOT in any way directed at Bob or his daughter. I wouldn't even bother to defend my comment against the hypocritical morality expressed except to make it *crystal clear* that I would never make a joke about a forum member's child. I love children and am truly happy for Bob. If anything, my comment was a jab at certain priests who are fair game. Accept it or not, it was my comment and I know the spirit in which it was intended; it's unwise to read more into things that are really there. As for Bob being "religious" I don't understand the point. Surely he doesn't defend the actions of certain priests and surely he wouldn't be hanging around here if he was genuinely devout in he traditional sense.

Secondly, I believe that a thorough and objective review of the forum archives would disprove that things are materially different than they ever have been. We can reminisce about the "good ol'days of serpis shits" all we want but the facts just don't support this type of sentimentality. Kids that grew up on Sinatra had to listen to the "that's not music" complaints of their parents; and those kids grew up and bitched to their kids about Elvis, then with the Rolling Stones, and it continues on... Things are the same, it's just an unfortunate fact of life that people usually get jaded, intolerant and often hypocritical as they get older, myself included; but I try not to be that bitter old guy shaking his stick at those "damn disrespectful kids".

C'mon ease up, it was just a joke - no disrespect intended to the Chongster.
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

its been stinking like a locker room in these forums for quite awhile now. kallisti, are just noticing?

destiny,
Bob Chong is a religious dude and since we're celebrating the birth of his daughter, your comment was more than a little inappropriate.
kind of like a turd in a punchbowl. but, its in keeping with the overall tone of the forums lately.
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It stinks like a locker room in here. SOMEONE OPEN A WINDOW, PLEASE!
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

WAIT! My comments were in NO WAY directed towards Bob or his child.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Show some respect to the Chonger here fer chrissakes.

Normally I'm all for amorality, but Bob isn't.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhh, moral indignation. Much much better than censorship!

(So then I assume you won't let me do my Jon Benet ventriloquist act, huh?)
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

christ almighty! can you say "INAPPROPRIATE"?

go.

shoo.

git.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>> "and little girls are easier to handle than little boys. More fastidious, less fidgety and a lot less loud."

I find little girls much easier, but my friend the priest disagrees with me.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Condgratulations man!
Sicboy13
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

how did this thread move from a birth announcement to a Nazi reunion?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blackjack,

I was born at the end of March (25th to be precise). I didn't realise there were so many Arians about.

Hobgoblin
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well done Bob. What's her name?

Hobgoblin
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A Chongita! I'm happy for you, Chong padre. A healthy weight ... and little girls are easier to handle than little boys. More fastidious, less fidgety and a lot less loud.

Should we expect to see posts from her in, say, 2020? By then, Jade may be out on the market.

Oh, and what's your blessing's name?
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats... I wish you the best of luck : )
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A wee Chongette to grace the world! Nice surprise! I plant lots of little congratulations all over your face ...
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

people should have licenses to breed...
Destiny
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats BC, I wish her a lifetime of happiness and health!
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is it about April? A good 75 percent of my friends and family were born at the end of March or early April. Maybe people fuck more during the summer because it's oo hot to go outside...

My sister squeezed one out on Friday, a month ahead of schedule, just to keep from breaking the pattern. He has large eyes and a short snout so I don't want to eat him.

Congrats Bob! No wonder you've had beter things to do than hang out here defending Free Enterprise from the likes of me and LordH.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

WAY TO GO MAMA & PAPA CHONGER !!!
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

no dong on the chong.

Bob, congratulations.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Way to go Chonger. Who'd a thought?
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So that's where you've been...
Congrats!
Sicboy13
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bob, I don't know you, but congratulations nonetheless. I'll tip one for you and yours, sic
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

congrats!
Bob_Chong
Posted on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The "Chongling" was born this past weekend. 6 lbs, 13 oz. Was supposed to be a boy, got a girl instead! Very cool!

I am truly blessed.

BC

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page