Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Why is Head still here? And why are ...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Why is Head still here? And why are people upset by it? « Previous Next »

Amnesiac
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think we're all way aHead of the game by now, what with Absinthe in our systems...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You will always find Head behind Kings Cross Station if you have a spare £10.

Hobgoblin
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There MUST be a better way to get aHead in this world.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Chevalier. You're an out of the closet Headlover now.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The problem with HP is what he inadvertently generates: Head-worshippers, Head-flatterers, Head-givers. Their posts reek of Head cheese.

There's no escape; the Head snatchers have invaded. By starting this thread, I've opened the door and joined their ranks!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Head rocks.

And he wraps his truths in packaging often deliberately misleading, kind of a Subgeniusy way.

And people are often smacked in the forebrain unexpectedly.

But me, I like it rough.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HA hah, took me awhile but I just got it.

Thanks Marc, I dig you too!
Please finish your description of the Head Inner Sanctum... I'm quivering.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't worry, Blackjack: It's just Marc's way to stop his pal from being a shitHead ;-)
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I actually dig the shit out of head.

That took me to a weird visual place...
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, well, for you who know..

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HEAD, you are REAL

Stay that way.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HAHAHA YEAH
the SERPIS CLUB
IS THE ONLY CLUB!!!
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like the Head. He says what he likes, when he likes and how he likes. He doesn't give a shit who agrees with him or not and he's never licks anyone's ass. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON OF ALL IS THAT HE DRINKS SERPIS!

Hobgoblin
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

TimK, if you only knew....
Timk
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Really, I think some of you people need to take a reality check.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, Dr. O, you sound more like THE GIVING TREE, that kiddie book by the late Shel Silverstein.

I did not know it was going to be so cruel....
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, Dr. O, you sound more like THE GIVING TREE, that kiddie book by the late Shel Silverstein.

You dig the shit out of Head, but would you shovel shit in China for him?
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Head is here because he gives like the tree.

He doesn't care about the picking.

OHMYGOD! Sounds like The Prophet.

OK, guys, I'm fair game. Ream me....
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lars: There have been a lot of reviews popping up lately, haven't there? It must be Spring ...
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I actually dig the shit out of head. And if you really read my posts, I think its obvious I like him. I wouldn't waste my time riffing with most of the folks who post here, but head is inspiringly unpredictable and fascinating. Maybe its inbreeding, but head has a way of combining the sacred and profane into a cosmic stew, a dadaist Dinty Moore.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm glad that you know why, Artemis, and gladder still that you shared it.

Incidentally, the above sentence is not meant to be sarcastic. It's a pity I even need to make a disclaimer like this. When being more than mildly tongue-in-cheek, I use the following emoticon ;-)
Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chevalier: make that drunken posts, Betty-grumbling (by larsbogart), and broken record reviews for Betina Elixirs (by Betty).
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't have to guess why he's still here; I know why.

I'll paraphrase an email I sent to Head P. this week:

"STOP IT! STOP IT! I *know* why you do it. I know it like 'the door to door salesman knows the pain of bell ringin' (Jimmy Buffet)."

What was I asking him to stop? Detailed explanations of why he's still posting here.

I won't go into those details, but here's the short answer: Kallisti asked him to come back, and to stay.

Why are people upset by it? I can only guess, but I think it's an informed guess:

1. Some just don't plain don't like him
2. Some think he's lost his edge, but their criticism can be taken to infer they know better than he does on what/whom he should direct his attention
3. Some like him fine, or at least tolerate him as long as *they* aren't the subject of his barbs
4. Some are just wannabe Heads. Losers never win. Winners never quit.

Having met him in person, I can testify that he is a kind, considerate, compassionate person. In fact, he has tolerated like a champion, and delivered on, a number of tasks I've laid upon him since we became "real world" friends. I'm talking about stuff *nobody* could be *expected* to go along with.

And as a free bonus, he has a Zen thing happening. Recently the telephone rang. I picked it up.

Me: "Hello?"

Head: "Well, I'm frying a sausage."

LONGGGGGG Pause.

Head: "That's it".

Self-respecting people would have hung up the phone at that point, but we ruined the moment with further blather.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're supposed to shut up and kiss ass because two people said so...

hahahahah... hahahaha...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just a guess.

Head Prosthesis seems like the kind of bloke who wouldn't join a club that'd want him as a member. And that's what the Forum had become, or perhaps always was: a club with its share of cliques and sub-cliques. Clubs need followers; Heady don't play that. Clubs expect loyalty; Head picks and chooses. He doesn't wear the badge that others pin on him.

At present, there are no more cliques ... just an anarchic group of (mostly) newbie individuals posting whatever they like. With the exception of some drunken posts and some Betty-grumbling, the number of flames and brawls has dropped to a record low. So has the level of arrogance. And so, perhaps, has the I.Q. level, but who would be arrogant enough to harp on that? Not Head.

Again, only a guess.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page