Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hay Chrysippvs

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Hay Chrysippvs « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I long for the day where the tools on action-adventure TV shows become a reality - you know, the ones where a blurry photo gets 'enhanced' by the computer so the license plate becomes legible.

When it comes to video, it's strictly GIGO, Garbage in, Garbage Out. There is little that can be done with a compressed format like MPEG. Final Cut can do some color-correction and black-level adjustment, but it's never going to look great.

The tools I work with won't help - we stay pretty much uncompressed. I don't think we even have an MPEG import function. Sorry.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

While you're at it, could you please try cleaning up my copy of BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL?
Amnesiac
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You can use Premiere to clean it up a bit, but a bootleg is a bootleg. It can't take away the conditions that it was under when being shot. I had a bootleg of Queen of The Damned and tried using Premiere to clean the sucker up, but it still wasn't worth it. I found the video almost watchable- it was the sound that was so god-awful terrible.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Good day.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sounds great....I don't think much can be done honestly, just want to make it a bit more watchable. I would be happy if it could just be lightened up some...

- J
Themagicman
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Im not very familiar with adobe primiere
I know with what we use here ...DPS velocity its a damm good editing program their would be very little one could do to fix the stuff your asking about. but it would also depend on what kind of quality you want to achieve. but yes i would be more then happy to take a look at it and Ill do some asking around and see what we can do
Chrysippvs
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm..here is the issue.

I have this copy of Within the Woods - the evil dead prequel - (mpg1 compression for a VCD). Well the quality is not great, not by a long shot. It cuts out, is too dark (main problem), and is generally bootleggish. I am curious if there is any way to clean it up at all (lighten it, sharpen it) etc. I have adobe primiere but am way out of my area of know-how when it comes to video. Just wondering if you could take a look at it and give me some tips etc. If you want to help me clean it up that would be fantastic.

I have it on my FTP is you want to download and take a look at it...

IP/host: 24.242.84.117
user : guest
pass : guest
port 21

it is in the mp3 directory, file name "Within the woods.mpg" I also have a compressed version (divx) which is pretty nice actually in the within the woods directory....

thought?

- J
Themagicman
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hay wanted to know if you got you editinq question answered if not let me know I do editing every day. I work for fox news

thanks magic man

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page