Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Your Favorite Absinthe (at the moment...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Your Favorite Absinthe (at the moment, at least) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 12, 2002Chevalier25 4-12-02  7:28 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Artemis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Head P. claims it's Jedi mind control.

Okay, all leg-pulling aside. Wolfgang, I haven't drunk any absinthe for what seems like ages, but I wouldn't quarrel with your list.

Some time back Head P. and I got together and cleaned out everything I had. I think it was something like:

The last of a bottle of Dr. Van Gogh's.
Nine or thirteen different Hausgemachts, all from Europe.
A Swiss Verte from the early 1950s.
A Pontarlier Anise from around 1930.
The last of a sample of Ted's "Berger".

We didn't take any notes and we couldn't remember much of anything the next day. All of it was good and better.

That Absente has as much claim to be absinthe as several of the things people had listed as their favorite "absinthes" ....

I wasn't kidding about the Sake. Hakutsuru. Good stuff. I'm not drinking anything but Sake lately.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn! What`s happening to our Michiganders ?! It look likes Artemis is now wearing an head prosthesis ;-)... It must be those secondary effects...*grin*

Something happened to this forum in the last 2-3 mounths when I was mostly away is it not ? ... /-2{Why are you all laughing ?}

Ho, I almost forgot... The question...

1) Jade Edouard
2) My own and some very rare hausgematches
3) far far far away, Segarra
4) Then so far away you can't even see down there : La fee and some spanish ...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where does one get vintage bottles ??
Alphasoixante
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

what are the ingredients in a "Kafka pie"?

dung beetles?

topped with dollops of narcissism, mysticism, and oedipal guilt?

or maybe tasty layers of insurance forms?
Artemis
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

> it's also says right on the bottle that it's
> absinthe refined. thoughts anyone?

I didn't have my glasses, so I couldn't read that tiny print on the label, but I could read the price - roughly $37. A bargain, but I really wanted some Sake and only had $40, so I did the Samurai thing.

Izaak
Raschied
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Out of the 4 I've tried:

1. Serpis. Love the bouquet. Love the taste sans sugar. Wish the color would go away.
2. Deva. A little blander than Serpis, but drinkable.
3. Sebor Absinth. Different. More bitter. Not a regular drink, but once in a while I find myself wanting a glass.
4. NS 70. Similar to Deva, but the oily residue in my glass is a real turn-off.

I have yet to try a La Bleu or Jade, though. And I highly doubt the Green Fairy will drop a glass of 1906 Pernot on my door... :)
Brett
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Right now, I can't really claim to have a "favourite" as I've only tried four, but my my bottle of NS 70 is emptying a little quicker than expected.

After that, I'd say Old Way. I find the two very similar, with the Old Way a bit mellower than NS. The only problem is that I can't drink more than two glasses of Old Way, as it seems to make me quite tired and really just stifles my ability to write anything I have in my head. It still tates great and I shall mourn it when it is gone.

Mari Mayans I do like, and will almost certainly buy another bottle. In and of itself, it is not bad. The flavor is overpowering yes, but I do like star anise; however, when drinking a glass within twenty minutes of a better absinthe, like NS, I found it tastes very weak.

I'm hoping to order some La Fee on my next purchase.
Timk
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cheers Justin :)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page