Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Food Inspection 147

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Food Inspection 147 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 13, 2002Don_Walsh25 4-13-02  8:32 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Arguing about flowers and fun
we turn our faces all bloody
we could have just had a bloody drink
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

which in turn the monkey drinks, which in turn makes him more thirsty.

I have the same problem with chocolate milk...
Robertsmith
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Monkeypee.mpg should replace the yin-yang symbol. It is the perfect illustration of spiritual symbiosis, where each element is dependent upon the other for it's own survival. In order to quench his thirst, the monkey must drink water, which produces pee pee, which in turn the monkey drinks, which in turn makes him more thirsty. I'm going to go eat a booger now and see how enlightened I become...
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

BJ, the answer is: 260 million U.S. consumers, that's why they'd bother.

That doesn't work, tho, because the USDA regulations do not allow A. absinthium in alcoholic beverages AT ALL. They allow it in PREPARED FOODS if there is no detectable thujone, but it isn't allowed in alcoholic beverages under any circumstances.

If they are going to sell it in the US, it will have to have no A. absinthium, and will not, therefor, be absinthe.

Also, I see no indication that Kubler cares about the US market; there page is only in French...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Slainte, Tim.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://vatican.rotten.com/monkey/monkeypee.mpg
Timk
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cheers LL
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"The question is, can they de-thujonize it without removing or altering the flavor of the wormwood, and if so, why bother? "

BJ, the answer is: 260 million U.S. consumers, that's why they'd bother.
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hummm, let`s have a glass of non-issue-sinthe !

This forum is a circus.

I wanna see the monkeys !
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not you Tim, what you are talking about. I agree.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 4:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fuckin' hell.
On and on it goes.
Timk
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Another lie. Your entire agenda is one big personal attack, and the notion that Artemis is allied with Ted and myself in anything but contempt for you, is absurd."

Tou are always the one who starts off the personal attacks, you did it with me, you have done it with othere, you take any form of questioning as a personal attack, you take any tipe of criticism as a personal attack.

Your a fool, s social misfit, and a liar.
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

So if thujone is a "non-issue", absinthe made without said "non-issue" is still absinthe, right?

By the broadest definition, of course it would. Hell, Mari Mayans counts as absinthe, and I can't taste anything there but star-anise and alcohol. Like I said, if they are using wormwood, I'm willing to call it "absinthe". The question is, can they de-thujonize it without removing or altering the flavor of the wormwood, and if so, why bother? Would somebody bother to de-thujonize the sage in your turkey stuffing?
Don_Walsh
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Another lie. Your entire agenda is one big personal attack, and the notion that Artemis is allied with Ted and myself in anything but contempt for you, is absurd.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don, you may have not realized this, but I have not posted any personal attacks on you, Ted or Artemis.

One thing is personal attacks, other thing is uncomfortable questions. I believe questions are OK. You may answer them or not.

Please stay within those limits.
Don_Walsh
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ordinaire: Artemis was right, and you are perpetually just twisting words. You are not interested in Truth, as a Ministry or in any other way. You are a fucking liar, and you always were.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...Ordinaire is confused..."

Why, yes, I am confused.

"Is Ordinaire proposing that absinthe is to be made by excluding the essential oil of absinthium?"

I'm not proposing anything, Don. I'm trying to make sense of the Ministry of Truth's changes of direction.

So that I would not be accused of "misconstruing" anybody, I would quote exactly Artemis' words:

"*Ted Breaux* was doing research on the matter, and that he had privately confided to me information about said research, which confirmed an intuitive but not scientifically proven *belief* of mine about thujone, which cemented my conclusion that thujone was a non-issue."

So if thujone is a "non-issue", absinthe made without said "non-issue" is still absinthe, right?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page