Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Marc Campbell and Marc Chevalier are ...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Marc Campbell and Marc Chevalier are the kings of absinthe! « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maurice was a horndog. The actress/singer Jeanette MacDonald, before teaming up with Nelson Eddy, make a few musical films with Maurice in the late '20s. She despised him; when not trying to feel her up, the Frenchie would embarrass her with lascivious remarks. At least he had a good side!

;-)
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

About a year ago I watched part of that movie where Maurice Chevalier sings "Thank heaven for little girls" and it seemed so blatantly pedophilic it was sickening.

But the "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy and Ricky try to smuggle Maurice over the Mexican border in the trunk of their car was hilarious!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Steve, you're -- gonna -- DIE! (Eventually.)

My family hates Maurice. He did special shows for German officers in Vichy France. Probably at the same time that one of my great-uncles, an 18-year old Resistance fighter, was tortured and shot.

(Nothing against the Germans, mind you. I'm a quarter German myself.)
Etienne
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean you're NOT related to Maurice???? And here all this time I thought....
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc Meat Nipples, you too are a KING OF ABSINTHE.

The price of a suave name is having people misspell it for your entire life.

And the price of having the surname Chevalier is having innumerable old timers ask you if you're related to Maurice, oh what a wonderful showman he was, we loved him in "Can-Can" and "Gigi", blah blah blah ...
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes, marc's and redheads! FISTFULLS.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't proclaim to be a king of absinthe but my first name is Marc, spelled with the "c". Somewhat of a strange coincidence, all of these marc's having an interest in absinthe. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that marc with a c is the French spelling, and absinthe drinking is thought of historically as a french tradition, or at least in my mind.

I think it is more that the c looks pretty suave. And suave people like absinthe. It is an indisputable fact.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

(candid pho-tog-ra-phy)
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

all hail the marc twins !! hail!hail! (wink,wink say no more say no more).
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

no Peter, I think you'll find it was 'sans sucre'
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

sweet
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And here's the proof:

my picture

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page