Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 12, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Your Favorite Absinthe (at the moment, at least) » Archive through April 12, 2002 « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

1. Serpis
2. Sir Piss
3. Slerpis
S. Slurp Piss
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

head?
Kafkapie
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok - my top 3

1. Absente - yes it doesnt have the good ol' A.A - instead has the "petite wormwood" - but its still nice
2. La Fee
3. Serpis 55
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

***snicker***
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

artemis is being sarcastic, right? if not this is a quote from one of their promos,
"absente is a modern, authentic version of the original absinthe recipe. it's still the same aromatic, dazzling emerald green liqueur made from exotic botanicals. the single difference is that we replaced the banned botanical wormwood with a less bitter cousin, southern wormwood (also known as "petite absinthe"). the result is our alluring absente, the first legal absinthe available in america since 1915." oh yeah, it's also says right on the bottle that it's absinthe refined.
thoughts anyone?
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

***snicker***
Artemis
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was in a liquor store looking for Sake last weekend and noticed a bottle of absinthe on the shelf - it was a fancy bottle, kind of elegant. It's called "Absente". Anyone know how they can get away with selling it in the U.S.?
Chrysippvs
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

TimK,

Here you go:

http://home.millsaps.edu/~sledgjj/temp/absinthe_anti_jew.jpg

check out my new website on the college server:

http://home.millsaps.edu/~sledgjj/

it isn't done, but is coming together...

I would love to have an original copy of this label...I just find it hillarious.

- J
Larsbogart
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For the 5,3 francs it cost in St Barts the nameless bottle that the Olivay store sells.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jade.

Then wolvies, and Serpis, and NS.
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

1. 1906 Edouard Pernod--earthy and potent as all hell. Only had one glass, boo hoo....
2. Betty's La Bleu #3--very intense, evaporates in your mouth. Yum!
3. La Fee Verte (45% La Fee)--the lower alcohol content allows more of the herbal flavours to come out. Perfect louche. Like a cheap(er) version of LaBleu. Drinking it right now.
4. NS 55%. Oily, but such a lovely olive green and slightly olive taste...a hearty absinthe.
5. Deva 55%. Old faithful...

Least favourites.
1. Hills. Duh!
2. Sebor. Robitussin.
3. Mary Mayans 70%. For coming in such a deceptively pretty bottle and being so artificially coloured and so alcohol soaked to cover up the total lack of wormwood...
Giovannigray
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My Top Ten (actually all I've tried so far) in (today's) order of preference:

1. Betty's La Bleue #1
2. La Fee
3. NS 70
4. Deva 50
5. NS 55
6. Segarra
7. Betty's La Bleue #3
8. Sebor
9. Serpis, and then a big step down to..
10.Mari Mayans

STILL waiting for Wolvies' Bleue and Verte..5 weeks, now.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've tried only three so far, Deva 70, MM 70 and Oxygenee, of which the French (Oxy) measures higher on my taste scale than the two Spanish, even despite the lower alc. %.
Dehe
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

lol justin
Sieg Heil i guess....kidding in case anyone is wondering if they should flame me.
My favorite is probably bettys #3..just got my wolvies...unfortunatley the bottles were broken...Andys reshipping for me and my undying gratitude (thank god).
Steve
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, if the guy on the label's supposed to be a Jew, he's looking pretty dapper ...
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Justin, that's pretty shocking.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

1. François Guy
2. Oxygénée
3. (a distant third) La Fée

not considering the couple of hausgemachts which I will probably not have the opportunity to taste again...
Timk
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Justin, could you do me a favour and HI res scan that for me?
Mvario
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I take it we're talking commercial here? I guess I'd say... mmm... Segarra. Wait, no, La Fee. No, make that Segarra. What day of the week is it?
Chrysippvs
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know my favorite...

seig heil!

- J
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite absinthe moment was when I came down with a severe case of Drinker's Elbow and had to be absinthe from school for three months. The fact that they were summer months didn't make it less sweet.

Being absinthe from work is a bit harder ...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like La Fee, but its the only one I've tried so far. I do have Deva 70 & MM on the way though. Many more brands till I find that special one.
Mkmiller
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, i have had NS and La Fee. I would have to say La Fee. But, it has been a while since I had NS and was just a glass. So, its pretty easy to come to my favorite. I have 3 more coming from SC, so I'll have a little more to work with when that comes. I am just not obsessed enough to try La Bleue. So, I'll just stick with the rest.
Amnesiac
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite Absinthe is La Fee, since it's the ONLY absinthe I've tried, goddamn it.
Amnesiac
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all, and welcome to another mind-numbingly stupid post by your favorite Amnesiac. Let's try to keep the answers short and sweet. Just tell us your favorite Absinthe, and that's it. (You can tell us why, if you'd like.)

Just something to keep us all sane. (Or insane, depending on how you look at it.)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page