Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 14, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Forum Etiquette Update » Archive through April 14, 2002 « Previous Next »

Don_Walsh
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And Admin, do you really think I give a fuck about being "expelled" from the cesspool that this place has become?
Don_Walsh
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*** DELETED FOR RAMPANT ASSHOLISM ***
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Etienne,

Unless you lurked for quite some time, you are still relatively new to the broken record of the Donster's rage. Some of us are just sick to death of it after quite a long time of trying to ignore it.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis,

Bravo!
Timk
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes, I can respect the fact that its kallistis forum, but how far do you want to take it?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

House rules, Timk. Continue to live in fear.
Timk
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"And to all of you who cry "censorship"! Fuck you."

The new policy is not censorship, nor is it Bullshit, it is common sense, it is a shame it had to be stated and put in writing, but there you go.

For the record, the only policy i dissagre with was the, "ill ban you if your arguments cross a certain line" So far it hasnt been abused in the least, my only worry was that it has the potential to be.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

He still didn't answer my question.
Etienne
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis;

My posts of last night really have nothing to do with you or Kallisti's new policy. You, Head, and anyone else on this forum are welcome to remain as anonymous as you choose. You know best how to deal with your own situation.

Neither am I going to try to defend temper tantrums and name calling. It does seem, though, that baiting Don has become a local sport lately. You and Don were the two main individuals who made me decide to start posting here. Both of you are intelligent, articulate people. If I saw you getting double-teamed I would try to do something to help. I just didn't enjoy the guys little game last night, that's all.
Artemis
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don wrote:

"Last time this general subject came up I asked the Pricne of Privacy, Artemis, the one who says he has everything to lose and nothing to gain by identifying himself even indirectly, WHY after the Nola gathering, then did he allow photos of himself to be posted drinking absinthe in a gathering of others doing the same.

He has never answered."

That's a lie. A half hour of trying to find it in the archives has turned up nothing. The whole thread seems to be gone. But here's how it went down:

After a couple of posts by people wondering where I had gone, I made a post to the effect that someone "outing" my actual identity was a concern that led me to reconsider my continued presence here.

The fact that Don responded immediately with the query referenced above, and no one else responded at all, shows that he knew I was talking about HIM as the threat. He "outed" Absintheur here, and despite his later rationalizations of that action, it remains the single most chickenshit, despicable, inexcusable thing I have ever seen anybody post here. Many subsequent rants by Don have demonstrated that he thinks HE should be able to decide whether others here "deserve" their anonymous status. Don and others here use their real names, fine. That's up to them.. Others don't, also fine. That's up to them. NOT up to Don.

Don, in spite of the fact that your question was a red herring, designed only to belittle my pseudonymous status, I posted an answer to you within minutes, explaining that the pictures in NOLA were taken when I was very drunk, and posted without my permission, but that I wasn't particularly worried about them when they did come out, because they appeared on an obscure website and my real name was in no way tied to them. In any case, to imply that years of protecting my real identity on the Internet is somehow inconsistent or bogus because of one incident over which I had little or no control is disingenuous at best.

Just days ago, you threatened to out Louche Liver, which shows you still think such an action is acceptable behavior here, and/or should be tolerated. You've crossed the line. It's one thing to be eternally insulting and condescending, it's quite another to be a real danger to people. When you made that remark to Louche Liver, *I* asked Kallisti to make the new rule. It should have been a rule from the getgo; I fail to see how anybody could have any problem with it whatsoever. If you have such a problem with the way Kallisti runs her forum, if the rules are such an onerous burden upon you, such a pile of merde, why don't you get the fuck out? Start your own forum. It will be you insulting newbies, and also oldtimers who dare to cross you, in the most hideous of terms, while a crowd of ass-kissers steps up to defend you because they enjoy watching that spectacle, like sick bastards gawking at an auto crash. Except it won't fly. Because it will be a circle-jerk consisting of only you, the bloodthirsty rubberneckers, and the masochists who seem to enjoy taking your abuse while they protest out of the other side of their mouths. Everybody else will stay here.

And to all of you who cry "censorship"! Fuck you. You're fucking idiots. Get a dictionary. This is Kallisti's living room. Everyone here is an invited guest. If at any time, for any reason, at any whim, she doesn't like what somebody is saying or the way they're saying it under her roof, she has every right to tell them to shut the fuck up, or ask them to leave. End of story. You like what the guy (gal) was saying, you're free to follow him into the street and listen. You're free to go to his house. You're free to invite him to your own. You are NOT free to insist that Kallisti bring him back in, tolerate his presence, or poll the other guests as a basis for making her decision.

And Etienne, although I haven't spoken to Head P. about it and we certainly didn't collaborate on it, I get the impression he threw a gauntlet at Don because he was defending me, himself, and others who use pseudonyms. He simply got tired of Don's bullying and belittling tactics on that issue, is my guess.

One last word to you, Don. I've about had my fill of the innuendo. Just in case you think I'm one of the "cowards" you continually posit, let me know when your next trip to the States takes place. We'll get together, and you can call me a coward to my face. See how long it takes for me to disabuse you of that notion.
Larsbogart
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, the little black superhero is funny. That kids got a career. Whos his agent?
Etienne
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good Night, John Boy.
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Geez, can't a guy go out for a few hours and not come back to some kinda brawl.

If anybody goes to the trouble of doing a whois search on my domain (jolly-roger.com) they can get my name, home address and phone number. Just don't stop by without calling, tho; I work weird hours.

Jack Collins
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love you Don.
I love you Etienne.

Good Night "O".
Etienne
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, fine. I'm a newbie. I'm not encouraging anything or anybody. You have a problem with don, deal with it. Your tactics are no better than what you complain about.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

1436 POSTS, BABY!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Monsieur Head: If you want to take care of THAT one, you're welcome...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You'll see.
Etienne
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mr. Who? I pay plenty of attention to what everyone says, I don't have any more of a life than you do, that's why I hang out here. The end does NOT justify the means. You bitch about something, then you act no better yourself. Where are you going with all this? What's your point?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speaking for yourself and Dr. O I hope.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Etienne:

We have loved and hated Don for a long time. This is not the time for a newbie to encourage him, OK?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well Etienne I'm glad you're not vulnerable.

It won't be a surprise to you then.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You don't pay much attention to Don do you Mr. Mature.

I guess maybe that's my problem. I believed he had his fellow forumites best interests in mind. When really it's only all about Don.
Etienne
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trust me, I am NOT vulnerable.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thujone is bad...and the sheep bleeted...baaaaaddd

and now Thujone is good...and the sheep bleeted...goood.

See yourself there, Arty....?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page