Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 13, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » This is the Thread » Archive through April 13, 2002 « Previous Next »

Admin
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a tshirt with that image on it that I've had since highschool. very snuggly now ...
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0940322218/qid=1018761212/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6660389-2131216

"we shall all be something very small and subordinate later in life"
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

omar
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Brothers Quay films should be watched alone."

...in the dark, with a hand raised to your brow.
Find me some Walser in English translation? You're good at these things...

Speaking of translations, I have before me Fitzgerald's of Omar Khayyam's Rubaiyat.
Not really bothering with the poetry tonight but I forgot that this old, yellowed, fragrant edition (from Cameo Classics) has wonderfully melodramatic engravings in it. Hold on, I've got one on the way..
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vera, hold on a minute. That photograph was the last scene in the movie I just finished watching.
Institute Benjamenta. You dont believe me but it was.
"Institute Benjamenta the titular academy is a delapitated, moribund boarding school for ther training of servants, whose curriculum consists of the endless repitition of one single lesson."
Inspired by the writings of the Swiss author Robert Walser.
"The moral core of Walser's art is the refusal of power; of domination.... Walser's virtues are those of the most mature, most civilized art. He is a truly wonderful, heartbreaking writer"
Brothers Quay films should be watched alone. If you are going to watch with me, please dont give a running commentary. She didnt like it because she drove off in the fog.
A goldfish in a glass bowl, change the water give it food.
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't that strange? It's like a luminous dragon and a deranged bunny rabbit humping tinkerbell in a snowfall...
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Somehow I don't see you as the type who severs bejeweled fingers but then again I know how you get with the bourbon thinning your blood. My god, what did possess you last night? But keep going...

I meanwhile will play with the pictures I took of the sun crashing through the glass pane in my front door, come 6:15 in the evening.

x
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jed Clampett tells me "Im phi beta kapa, [long pause] can you believe it?" and flashes a worn pinkish-gold ring in front of me. I get a long wiff of the air hes expelling. Undescribable. He rants about the horrible situation in Afghanistan... Killing the poppy fields, which throws me and I clear my mind.
I like the ring enough to cut off his finger.
Dont think Granny didnt notice that. Her black beady eyes narrow in on me. I slow down on the bourbon because it becomes apparent that she intends to hurt me.
Im afraid?
Hell no. Not unless she cuts off the ponytail before she rips my arms off. Im thinking that will be my best bet. Go for the tail. She's a long tailed cat in a room full of rockers.
Jeds goin on and on about her money. Im begining to think there's a reason. Im begining to think granny wants to put me in a kettle over an open fire.
She gets right in front of my face and says: "can we buy you a drink?" in singsong.
Ha ha ha. I see her ring too, and Im on to her.
"I dont want anything else to drink, NO!"
Its time...
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Better go ahead with your story first.

Harry Smith, the real estate agent to NYU film students neglected to tell us that they didnt change the stove in Diane's apartment. They just scraped out all the plaster cast columns she loved. It looked like a Greek Temple he told me, and I flashed to him in a toga. Not pretty.
Harry Smith and Mrs William Alfred White, they made alot of money off students those two crows.
120 East 10th Street. The Stuyvesant Triangle, gangs of New York. Also the Apartment of Charles Mingus and Patti Smith when she lived with Sam Shepard, St Marks Church on the corner.
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What people?

And yes, please tell me, as long as it's very, very nasty.

After that, I've got a story of my own...
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vera, who are these people here?
I thought you were Edith Templeton for a moment and I the pseudo rapist she tolerated.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vera, I dont think I ask very much.
Like today, I just want to be left alone. Dont call me. Dont show me asshole internet things you found. And do not come over without calling first. Its Saturday for Christsakes and I went overboard last night with Goldie Hawn.
--------------------------------------------------
The first thing on my list:
1. Learn how to say "I Cant speak" in sign language.
Shouldnt be too hard to learn and I know I can mouth the words.
--------------------------------------------------
Rod Serling's Twilight Zone:
Your in an alcoholic dive on a dead end road by a big muddy lake. You go there because noone knows you and you want to talk to NOONE.
However, through the smoke crust is a drunk who looks exactly like Jed Clampett and hes with a very very fat woman with an impressive silver ponytail but shes no Granny from Bugtussel.
Im in the Twilight Zone... I know that.
Jed sits down right next to me and Granny asks if I play pool. "I do, but not on that table" I say. Shes thinks Im a fuckin asshole, didnt like that one bit.
I say to Jed who Im convinced is wearing the exact hat he wore in The Beverly Hillbillies:
"Is that a Borsalino?" [Hes smashed drunk spilling his scotch and water on the floor]
"I do have Borsalino's but this is not one".
"Ill give you $100 for it" I said swallowing more bourbon.
He puts it on my head and Im sorry I started this because its sweaty and dirty and greasy. And I dont have A hundred dollars on me.
"Do you take American Express?"
Thats all I had to say. He tells me he and granny are loaded. Millions. They live in Iowa. Or he lives in Iowa. Granny is from big automobile money in Michigan.
"Lets not talk about money" I say. Theres more to these clampetts that meets the eye.
Grannys getting an attitude about me. I can smell a fight coming on.
Against the wall is fuzzylumpkins with his hands down the front of his pants and hes playing..

Vera, Do you wanna hear about the brawl?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 4:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or can you?

teeeheeeheeeheeee...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

She understands.

Having been my partner in crime. That you can't take it with you.

No matter what you do.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

please ask them to leave, Vera. and take that stuff with them.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

no please dont get her mad at me again.
we started something i cant believe
your green shark eyes
on the eve
when she stuck her head in the oven
in my apartment
keep movin
shes on her way
we started something i cant believe
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nope. It's bigger than that. (I have really small hands...)
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Measure of a Man
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's a unit you don't mess with.
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

home video?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who said what???
Verawench
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lars, concentrate. I have an image for you.

You are in an empty room. The walls are white, there are no windows, there are no lights yet it is insanely bright.

In the far corner you see a black leather armchair. In it, Diane Arbus sits very still, her arms dangling and bare. Her wrists are freshly sliced and she's bled two large puddles onto the hardwood floor.

She's staring, Lars...
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, vera?
Another monster for you?
A monster here.
And a suprise visitor, another monster. Snake Wrangled out of tonight but tomorrow is another story.
There will be no drinking because it burns the back of my strep throat. I tried already. Now what?
I've got it, Vodka! It just might work.
I agree with Lordy H. you?
lars
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And this is the needle.
;-)
Verawench
Posted on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, Lars?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page