Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 14, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Forum Etiquette Update » Archive through April 14, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

kallisti,

I hope your kicking Don out of the forum wasn't fueled by that whiskey. I would question most decisions made while drunk.

I am surprised by how square folks are in this
forum. There is a puritanical streak in here. You guys comeon like your openminded, but in reality when someone says shit that rubs you the wrong way you turn into the thought police. What you have accused Don of doing: passing judgement on others, trying to control the content of the forum
etc., you are guilty of doing yourselves. There is no question that Don crosses certain lines, but so what? Has anyone been hurt? I would much rather scroll thru the Don's rants and wrecklessness, than be subjected to deadly dull smile face art, links to stupid cartoons and the
inbred humor of horny cyber geeks .
Yes, Don can be a pain in the ass. But, I prefer his provocations to the sophmoric boys club that normally dominates this site.

By the way, Don e-mailed awhile ago regarding a smear campaighn that he thought might be initiated against Justin. He was careful not to mention who was behind the campaign. He wanted to protect Justin, not harm the accuser.

kallisti, getting rid of this area of your website may be the best way to go. The absinthe forum really is a stain on an otherwise wonderful creation
Mkmiller
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

strange things can happen when you are sober
Nolan
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don said to L.L.jade will flow,ha ha ha !!! When exactly?The jade emporer has no clothes!!! I am drunk.I may have to,well no one else does,so neither will I.Applogize I MEAN TO SAY.This is a good forum.Civility has a place in the world.And if you don't agree well,that is your opinion.I am intitled to mine!!
Admin

fix that. you have to go to bed soon anyways.
Admin

I'm drunk NOW. if I wasn't, I'd still be callin' everyone a pussy.

Sweet jesus, but I do love whiskey.
Head_Prosthesis

I've been sober two nights in a row folks.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got here late, but sober as well. That's about to change.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sober
Mkmiller
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got mine..blah, blah, blah....wrapped in brown paper and string..yadda, yadda, yadda...you know the rest.

Seriously though, after tasting deva for the first time and NS again, I wish I would have gotten more La Fee.

Back to the subject at hand, what I want to know is...did this 'conflict' happen while drinking absinthe or NOT drinking absinthe????
Admin
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, sweet BJ. I agree, most of these "rules" would never have come about had there not been a dire need for them.

I suggest we start from scratch.

Anyone have any opinions on whether I'll get my order from spiritscorner?
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sweet Jesus FUCK, people!

This is out of hand. It's gone so far I actually can draw a parallel with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Regardless of where my sympathies lie, regardless of who was wronged first or who was wronged most, the conflict has reached a point where it is helping NO-ONE, and hurting everyone. I am not privvy to all the details here, and at this point, it doesn't matter. If this forum is going to be a pleasant and interesting place, a cease-fire has to be declared.

I don't think the new policy is a bad one. In fact, had it been observed by _everyone_ from day 1, I suspect a great deal of this might have been avoided. It may not be "fair", nor will it undo any damage already done, but it is a good place to make a new start. That is, of course, assuming anyone actually still cares about the forum.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yipee! Well done, lass!
Admin
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don don't live here no mo'. And he can kiss my CRACKAH ass good-night. I said if that dog shit in my yard one more time I was gonna shoot it. Well, he dead now.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Donster, baby. Don't tell me you've run out rant? What, oh what, will you bring to this party, that you bemoan the state of? How will you improve things if you aren't spewing hatred and paranoia?
Lemme feel ya, man.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've had newbies come to me w/questions by e-mail because they were afraid of the shit you'd stir up if you didn't think it worthy of being posted in here.
That's sad. Unless you enjoyed being the bully. That's even sadder.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Were you just talking about yourself? Seemed to fit pretty well.
Don_Walsh
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The brave LL, who seems to like to hear himself talk.

What an asshole!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A nuisance, who sometimes rates a kick to try and silence you.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're the staticy TV on in the corner in this place. Always droning in the background, but largely ignored.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why don't you "quit" the forum again for a minute or 2? Pitiful shitbag. Crying for attention.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why are you here? You still haven't answered HP's question. You bitch and moan and whinge and kvetch and still you stay. Why?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who said I wanted any anymore? Your association has tainted the thought of Ted's hard work ever crossing my lips again.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Take your ball with you.
Don_Walsh

My work done for your benefit, LL?

Never the fuck will happen.

Jade will flow but not to LL. Not on my watch.
Louched_Liver

Too bad she has to play exterminator to a cockroach-ass like yourself, shmucko.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page