Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 15, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Forum Etiquette Update » Archive through April 15, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,
I just think Don should have been a touch more civil. A touch. That's it. That's all I ever said. Until he tried to bully me. Then it's all bets off.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

gluesniffing and gas huffing ain't much different than x. do enuff of it and yer brain will turn to jelly. which is cool with me.

listen louche, underneath it all, I know yer good people. I just think that you and head should be ashamed of yerselves for not appreciating Don's epic anti-social tendencies. you guys come off like some hipster freaks, but yer really pretty fuckin square.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

timk,

I have contributed mcuh to the absinthe community. I conducted the first public absinthe tasting in New York City. It was attended by more than 80 people. I have an extensive collection of absinthe. I have reviewed various absinthes in this forum. My sexual memoirs are in keeping with
kallisti's celebration of erotica on her website.

timk, happyface boy, been laid lately? or does mother not let you out?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Then go fuck off to where he is, which isn't here.
Besides, I prefer X.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

your idea of a party and mine are completely different. you're a gas huffing, glue sniffing poster boy for inbreeding. given a choice between
spending a night with you and a bunch of your hairlipped, mullet coifed, grease monkey buddies or a night with Don and his lovely Thai goddesses: no fucking contest Festus.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Again you bring up fear. Why? I'm only afraid of someone being so goddam rude they wreck the party. That was the man whom I didn't bring up you are the buttboy for.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

liver,

I haven't brought up the notion that you are clearly head's buttboy, so fuck off!

I could give a shit about Don. I care about freedom. And you provincial turds have managed to turn this place into an inbreeds fuck fest.

what the fuck are you so afraid of?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marcykins,
What, do you have a Donster statue to genuflect to in your living room? Give it up.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

timk

Don hasn't kept anybody from discussing anything. look around you wimp. Check out the threads on politics, absinthe, pong, pissin' monkeys....
Don couldn't stand you timk, and nor can I, because you are a parasite. when you venture out on yer own its to post juvenile happy face graffiti. Without Don, you are nothing. Your whole existance in the forum has been predicated on attacking Don, as has ordinaire's and louched liver's. Without Don, you have nothing to contribute. You tried to give yourself value by attacking someone who in the real world you wouldn't be worthy of shining his fucking shoes.
there are people in this forum who have defined themselves in relationship to Don. Without Don, they will be far less compelling.

Ordinaire is probably coming in his underwear. Watch what happens. There will be a shitload of
cretins who will attempt to set the tone for this forum. And every one of them will be the ones who were attacking Don. Unfortunately, not a single one of them have Don's wide range of knowledge,
vocabulary, macabre wit and manic energy.
This place is about to become insufferably boring.

head, louche, go for it. Keep up the glue sniffer
humor.

ordinaire make your move, little hitler.

Bukowski, Artaud, Klaus Kinski, GG Allin, Sam Kinison, Rimbaud, Jim Morrison would never have lasted here.
Don, be proud.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Macykins,
I don't have a great depth of knowledge of absinthe myself, but not everyone wants to know the 7th level of distillation process info. They just have simple questions, same as I did when I was starting out in this. If you are above it, then fine. Lord Hob is always gracious to every newbie question, and I admire that. And folks obviously find Tim a friendly prescence. What're ya jealous?
Chill out or throw your computer in the trash for real this time.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Says Mr. all I can contribute to a forum about absinthe is my sexual memoirs.

"if your idea of discussion is yer simpleminded happy face graffiti, then spare us."

No, it was appropriate to the fucking thread. Thats what you dont understand, you arr turning into a Don Walsh,
"Dont do this it bores me"
"Dont discuss that because I dont want you to."

Its not just me that finds your recent attitude towards the forum disturbing, you cant singlehandedly redirect a forum, it is made up of many people, and conversations and topics will take their own course. Don has constantly tried to alter the forums course, and look what happened.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tim sez:
"I doubt you will, its not really a matter of being hurt by him, its the fact that he is both trying to hurt people, and making it damned near impossible to discuss anything."

That, is that. On the money.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

timk,

if your idea of discussion is yer simpleminded happy face graffiti, then spare us.

I seriously doubt that anybody would e-mail you for absinthe info. you're a know-nothing. a dipshit. a bore.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"and I'm still waiting to hear from someone, anyone, that has been hurt by Don."

I doubt you will, its not really a matter of being hurt by him, its the fact that he is both trying to hurt people, and making it damned near impossible to discuss anything.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jesus, I sure missed some furious posting.

"Jade will flow but not to LL. Not on my watch."
Translation: If you argue with me you wont get any Jade, great marketing strategy. Actually, I was wondering when Don would try to use this as a lever in this forum.

"I've had newbies come to me w/questions by e-mail because they were afraid of the shit you'd stir up if you didn't think it worthy of being posted in here."

Sad, but so have I.

One thing, Whats the point of deleting posts, it just means people who werent there at the time have no opportunity to form opinions on what happened, would someone be kind enough to mail me said posts.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and I'm still waiting to hear from someone, anyone, that has been hurt by Don.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

according to e-mail I've received, there are several people who will miss Don.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trust me, I'll miss Don too. and I mean that honestly. but not the Don we saw tonight.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"What do I think would improve the forum..."

Perhaps, but we have to assume that new absinthe people are out there, and will ask honest questions about thujone, SC, where to find vintage, etc...

yeah it is boring to some of us old timers, and perhaps it is time for us to move on, but not to the people writing it. Perhaps there needs to be a neophyte section for the forum, and a literary or etc section...I have no idea...

I enjoy the pong stuff, if it were up to me the sexual banter would end, I find it boorish and vulgar (in the Latin sense of common, not offensive), but I understand there is a myriad of personalities here and there is room for everyone as long as Kallisti deems it so. There is room for pong, SC, thujone, monkeys, sodomy, and Simon bar Kokhbah.

Don, I for one will miss you around here.

- J
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and no more fucking smile faces!
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

justin,

I stick around because there are people here that I respect and enjoy, including you. I dislike some of the frat boy antics and inane small talk and I say so. Okay? But, thats just one person's opinion.

I have learned alot about many things from blackjack, Don, Ted, artemis, petermarc, chevalier, larsbogart, anatomist, absinthedrinker,
carfax, hobgoblin, oxygenee, tlautrec...
I have learned absolutely nothing from head, but I
often find him hilarious.

What do I think would improve the forum:

1. more discussions about books, music and film.

2. more prose, more poetry, more erotica

3. more women

4. less "I just ordered from SC. When will it arrive? Did you get yours yet. Oh boy I just got mine....". its so fucking boring.

5. less Betty bashing
Chrysippvs
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"kallisti, getting rid of this area of your website may be the best way to go. The absinthe forum really is a stain on an otherwise wonderful creation."

Are we really that important in the end? Certainly not, this is a best a few disjointed people...it is simply silly.

I respect Don, but I also feel Don is also often over the top. Don and I have disagreed passionately over a myriad of subjects, but not here, because I know this is not where is belongs. People just take it somewhere else, you all have e-mails. And if you are sending back-biting e-mail about someone on the absinthe forum you need to get out more, or read a book.

Marc for all your crying about this forum you stick around pretty well. If I didn't like something I would just leave, what does calling people names and crying about it change?

I do defend and respect Don, but his opinions and his methods are another question. And for those who want to make that, "you have never been attacked by him" argument keep it quiet. I have taken as much shite as anyone on this forum and I have stuck around just fine. If people are too scared to post that is their problem, we are passionate people and we all express that differently. I don't always agree with Don's methods, and I concur this is Kallisti's board and she can call it anyway she wants. In the end, it is only an obscure absinthe forum on an obscure side of cyber space people...

We take ourselves way too seriously...I just had a good friend have a 18 year sporting c4 spring- wear go off around 30 feet from him, and we are crying about Don and the people on this forum.
Come on people, wake up...

- J
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd like to hear from the people who have been hurt. I would like to have my mind changed.
If anybody has been hurt, in a meaningful way, by Don, please e-mail me if you feel like doing so.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

trust me, the whiskey a-brings me down.

yes marc, people have been hurt. it's not cute anymore.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

nolan,

your profile is as empty of content as your posts.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page