Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

* NSYNC

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » * NSYNC « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 16, 2002Marccampbell26 4-16-02  1:07 am
Archive through April 16, 2002Meat_Nipples25 4-16-02  1:32 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have discovered that regular alcohol, that is non-fairy, doesn't really have the some *buzzz* as absinthe. That's about how I rate it anyway. I tried an experiment when I got my Deva, I drank 3 glasses 2 nights in a row and then drank 3 scotch's 2 nights in a row. What I found is this: On the when drinking absinthe I really like to talk. Alot. My wife even told me to shut the fuck up! I didn't feel very drunk at all. On the scotch(Black Label) I wanted to go to bed. I still talked, probably from the alcohol intake, but I didn't find things as, well, as interesting.
The second experiment is that I have been drinking 2-3 glasses a night for a week. I'm on vacation right now so I had no worry's, dig? Last night I did notice that the buzzz seemed a bit less, though present. I think I will lay off for awhile.
I have a friend who is teaching in S. Korea right now and I hope he comes back for awhile after the school year is out. This is the guy that peaked my interest in this stuff, so I want to surprise him with a bottle. Maybe I'll order LaFee for that though...:)
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The secondary effects are real but not always there. Try a good LaBleu on an empty stomac after a week of absinthe starvation, before supper after a hard day of work... One glass or two should be enough to make you *contemplate* the *amazing* ... garbage truck who's spoiling your precious and lazy balcony time.

Drink it everyday and you won't feal it anymore. Drink too much everyday and you will end up in the garbage truck...
Sicboy13
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've eaten more acid than you've all cried tears over your spilled milk(i.e., wolvies green, apparentely still "en route", no offense to the powers that be, 3 months just seems a little ridiculous).

Maybe that's why I believe the "secondary effects" of absinthe to be a MYTH! NOT REAL! MAYBE I JUST HAVE A TOLORANCE!!! WHY AM I YELLING!

I have an NSYNC tattoo on my cock.

When I am excited it says NC, wait...I messed up....
Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Honestly, alcohol makes me..."
On occasion alcohol makes me fight, argue and get nasty. But only on occasion.
Just last week, while drinking, I chased two people out of a bar and scared the shit out of them.
For apparently no good reason other than being drunken assholes themselves.
[revelation/hallucination]
Like The Old Western Movies. In the saloons drunks were always breaking bottles over each others heads.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It is indeed infinite. But I feel like I've got the general idea enough that I should investigate the unknown in more legal ways, such as studying religon, mythology, etc and relating these things to my psychedelic experiences. Not that I have closed the door on the possibility of further explorations of consciousness in the future...
Larsbogart
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

" I feel like I have already learned most of what the psychedelics can teach."
I think its like holding a mirror up to a mirror, its infinite.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Honestly, alcohol makes me bitter, arrogant, and reveals a side of me that I sometimes wish to be ignorant of. I like it however, because sometimes it reveals another side of me that I wish I did not inhibit while sober. For these reasons, it inspires me more than any other drug. I feel like I have already learned most of what the psychedelics can teach. And given the social dangers in America, I try to refrain from using them. What a damn shame that I am left with such a violent, self centered drug as alcohol as my only legal choice of mind-alterant.

But inspiration is a fleeting and mysterious thing. It cannot be summoned by any chain of conscious actions. Look what the search for lost inspiration did to Verlaine, a fellow absinthe drinker. How sad (well he was kind of an ass anyway, so I guess it aint that sad).
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>>>2 minutes later I was back in the "real" world. Fine as fine can be. With one catch. I love refridgerators. They're cool. zen cool. cosmic cool. and they keep my beer cool.

As Radiohead put it, "He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio"
Larsbogart
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Meat, I was just curious as to how it affected your creativity.
In my case, it doesnt seem to have as much an effect if Im feeling inspired to begin with. Otherwise its a waste and just fun.
No, I didnt mean that you project anything.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That is the musicianís/artistís/writerís/creative personís curse. They have been given a talent and feel a need to actualize it, to engage it every day. Unfortunately, doing so can become extremely frustrating. My love of music is like an addiction I was born with, I will never give it up. You could go so far as to say that I am a whore to music. But then I've already been (rightly) accused of being melodramatic lately.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You're a musician. All is forgiven. Except for wasted talent, or none at all.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, very sorry about the misunderstanding (I thought you meant wasting my time, I apologize for my slight defensiveness). It must have been all those prescription meds coursing through my veins ;) Honestly, I do not take any drug except caffeine daily. It has been many months since I have seriously altered my consciousness on anything but alcohol, and recently those damn ephedrines which I may throw out (there are like 60 in a bottle and I have only taken about 10). I don't even drink everyday. Lately I have been consuming alcohol about 3 days a week, one of those is usually a drunk, the rest just casual drinking. Do I seem like a drugged out person (or at least does my internet persona, perhaps it is my bizarre moniker?)

I will admit that my past substance use has drastically changed who I am as a person. At least I think it has, but it is hard to tell because I did my experimenting with such things as an adolescent, when ones personality is changing anyway (and when the legal ramifications are not nearly as severe ;)
Larsbogart
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Meat, you misunderstood what I meant. When I said nothing I meant NOT under the influence...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page