Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 15, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Forum Etiquette Update » Archive through April 15, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

in all honesty, I don't read most of your posts. I think you're dishonest, a quack and hungry for power. I fully expect you to attempt to dominate this forum, much as Don has been accused of doing.
I'm onto you man. And so are alot of other people.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I do believe that timk and ordinaire wanted Don out and were deliberate in their attempts to hangue him past the point of no return"

Marc, you may be getting as crazy and paranoid as he is. Read the Food Inspection 147 thread.

NOTHING I posted critiziced him, Ted, or Jade. Read his response.

Don is nuts. And defending him, you may end up looking dumb.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire,

as I said, I've moved on. I just wanted to make it clear that alot of us have hurt each other, not just Don.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok fine. but please don't let us re-hash more bad histories.

thanks.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

NO, Marc, no Orwellian rewriting of history.

After you threatened me with your "220 lbs of Rock-and-Roll death wish", I said that if you were to come to my house, I had enough firepower to deal with you.

I believe I mentioned my .44 Magnum Desert Eagle semi-auto pistol...
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, there wasn't.

Last weekend Don took a jest made in good fun a bit extreme. That didn't last long.

This week did not start until Don started raging at the privacy rules. And with neither of us available initially, a little friendship for me & artemis thrown into the mix.

Don would have flown off the handle with or without the bear baiting.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

it seemed in the past week that head and louched liver were incessently baiting Don in hopes that they might push him over the line. Was there an agenda? I hope not, mainly because I like head.
I do believe that timk and ordinaire wanted Don out and were deliberate in their attempts to hangue him past the point of no return.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

AND, I must say, that Don had been acting with particular decorum until I posted the privacy rules.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, I agree ... I don't find that acceptable either. And since I put the rules up folks have, more or less, been better behaved. At least the raging is mainly above the belt.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

for the record, I have been viciously insulted by Vera (ageism is just as vile as sexism) and ordinaire threatened to put a bullet in my head.
Fuck em. I move on.

I agree that threatening to "out" someone in an effort to fuck with their lives is despicable.
We had an occurence in the New York Times film forum where someone e-mailed a forum member's employer in an effort to get them fired. Awful.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and what do you mean by the usual suspects???

most of us are people up until a couple months ago were right there with you. it's a saturation point you reach. and the knowledge or experience that the first opportunity he turns his rage on you.

these people are not folks who have long had it out for Don.

I do try and take folk's opinions seriously. which is why don has lasted here as long as he has. But I made some very basic rules, that most folks more or less agreed with, or could understand there was a reason for it. Should everyone have to follow them except Don? no.

Honest, I'm fine if folks don't agree with me. But don't try and paint it that it's just a little fuss over nothing and that no one is really hurt (i.e. not out of a job? dead in the street? forced onto anti-depressants?) ...
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"the case against Don has been made by all the usual suspects."

Marc, I don't really believe there was a conspiracy here.

The case against Don has been made by...Don.

If I go into your house, shit on your living room and then tell you to fuck off when you complain, what would YOU do?
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry if I misread your intentions. I'm a little testy, as you might imagine.

Justin is not a victim here, and neither is Artemis, because yes, they can take care of themselves. But Don offered up personal information to any and all who would ask and posted much more for free, which is a scenario that is absolutely despicable. Outing Absintheur is despicable. what would it take, someone to lose their job? artemis said it very well, so I will just requote him:

Quote:

Are you living on this planet? Who's been around here for any length of time who HASN'T been hurt by Don? I have been. Absintheur. Nephilim. Luger. Vera. Kallisti. Head. Did you think those were robots? They're human beings, with human emotions. He did his best to hurt you too. He's also forwarded YOUR email to other people (me specifically) without your permission, by the way.

And you want to know who's been hurt worst of all? Ted Breaux. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

kallisti,

the case against Don has been made by all the usual suspects. They hardly comprise the majority opinion. But, as you said, this ain't a democracy.
I accept that.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

kallisti,

I am not lobbying for Don. I'm just reporting
the results of my request for e-mails. I was genuine in my desire to have my mind changed regarding Don having hurt people. But, so far the person he has been accused of hurting, Justin, doesn't seem to be too upset. As far as hurting artemis goes, I ain't worried. artemis is quick on his feet and far too wise to allow Don to fuck with him.

Its clear that you would like me to drop the subject. I am willing to do so because I like you very much. But, I do not like being told what to do or being pressured into keeping my mouth shut.
And reminding me over and over that this your house is a little tacky. Fuck the free booze. When I come to your house I always bring an offering.

Peace, Marc
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, I will miss Don's brilliance. His posts, when he had his "teaching cap" on, were the most informative ever.

But outing people, or threatening to do so, is unacceptable.

Dante's last circle of hell was reserved for traitors.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and just to be blunt: this is not a democracy.

This is my living room, you're here on my invitation, and I'm paying for all your booze.

Marc, you're missing the point. Most folks have said their peace here already. And are sick and tired. The reason I made the effort to email you is because you're a good friend. But if I didn't know you so well? Why would I want to prove that to you when the case has been made so clear here.
Admin
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*cough*
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For what its worth, the only e-mails I've received have been
from folks who will miss Don and are sorry to see him go.
Larsbogart
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Don, can I do your promotional work for you?"

Recycling a fragment written by just one of the many brilliant minds here:

he is now floating through the galaxies in the lotus position.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Not without your email address, I couldn't. If you send it to me through Kallisti or something, maybe I would."

heh, I keep thinking that I have added it to my profile, well, one day.
Have mailed Kallisti with it to forward to you.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Would I buy a car from a well-versed salesman who, while showing me a carriage, berated me, my family, my ethnic background, etc, etc ad nauseam? No. Would I buy absinthe from a similar salesman? No, and I repeat, no. Don's incessant diarrhea of the mouth has undoubtedly hurt whatever interests Ted and Justin have in BEL"

I am not really sure about this. There is something comforting in the fact that you are buying your absinthe from an angry, abrasive old man (not that Don is that old but anyone over 35 seems old to me). A used car, definitely not, but absinthe is different. Its kind of like, "I walked into the musty old liquor store and was immediately accused of being a dirty hippie by the haggard man behind the counter. He said to me, almost ominously, "I know what you are here for. You queer little tree huggers all want the same thing." I watched quietly as he pulled a bottle labeled Jade Absinthe from under the counter and sat it before me. "How much?" I asked instinctively. The old man smiled a toothless, mirthless grin. A minute later I was walking contentedly to my car, absinthe in hand."

Don, can I do your promotional work for you? ;)
Artemis
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Artemis ... you seem ... to be rightfully angry."

I'm not angry. I was sickened by this whole business. I'm relieved that it's out in the open.

The only principal deserving of praise in the whole mess today is Justin, who was unwittingly/unwillingly at the heart of it, and yet responded here today without a trace of anger or spite, speaking words of wisdom that I will certainly take to heart, as I hope everyone else will.

"You couldnt e-mail me could you Artemis?"

Not without your email address, I couldn't. If you send it to me through Kallisti or something, maybe I would.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You couldnt e-mail me could you Artemis?
Mkmiller
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

As being relatively new to this forum, I can say that I have had my 'newbie' questions answers quickly and politely. Not a LOT of responses. The people who see this as 'boring' just ignore it and go on to something more interesting. This board (and website) is THE place to find good info on all things absinthe. The FAQ covers a lot of it, but its still better hearing from a lot of different people. New people want to ask questions and get answers. Don't like the boring shit of another newbie asking the same old questions...don't read...change the dial. Go on to the more enlightening discussions of monkey pee and smiley faces. Just my $.02.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page