Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ebay...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Ebay... « Previous Next »

_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've done a fair amount of buying buying on Ebay, mostly parts for the Caddy, and even sold a few things. I've had a couple of disappointments--things that weren't as nice as I'd hoped--but never had a bad experience. I'm pretty careful about not bidding on things from people with bad feedback.

I really is a godsend when it comes to finding old parts for cheap. Sometimes I end up buying things which aren't broken yet, just because the price is so good.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My girlfriend sells stuff on ebay all the time. She has more trouble with getting payments in than anything else. Most people have their shit together and are prompt payers, but there are some out there that have no clue or dont really care. They think they can pay a month or two later and get a positive feedback. I dunno though some people buy cars & trucks on ebay.. I wouldnt. It's one thing to lose 20 dollars, 2,000 is another. SO far so good for me though considering I have used ebay for 2 years and only have 19 feedbacks. Ebays rules do suck ass though. They never punish the people who rip off others.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ebay moves in mysterious ways.

Once I was in a bidding "war" with somebody. This bidder took my initial offering to about double.

After the bid was closed, she retracted. I was somewhat pissed, so I checked her record. I found out an unusually high number of retractions. Checking further, I found out that she was from the same state, same town, same last name as the seller.

I reported her to Ebay and all they did was to suspend her for a month.

And then they deleted the negative feedback I posted because I mentioned her suspension.

So after a month she was able to continue scamming people. More carefully, I guess...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who pay eBay's bills? The sellers do. End of story, unfortunately. Good that PayPal doesn't have the same attitude.
Tavarua
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FUCK Ebay. Some douche bag stole $111 from me and Ebay did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I even had proof in the form of transmitted emails and paypal statements. Ebay responded to my complaint pretty much saying, "But his rating is higher than yours." They didn't even want to look at the proof I had. Paypal, on the other hand, was awesome and made sure I got my money back. Use Paypal, they back shit up.

Fuck Ebay, fuck them up their stupid asses.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If the Absinthe Forum were like eBay ...

"Under the new rules, forumites can't make posts to warn others if they were ripped off by a seller, they can't ask each other where to find a particular item to buy, they can't share private e-mail, and -- if Kallisti decides to delete an offending post -- forumites aren't allowed to even discuss the post.

"Forumites who violate the rules can be banned from posting on the site, and if that happens, all other forumites are barred from even discussing that person in their posts --or they too are at risk of being kicked out of the Forum."
Admin
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*snick*

and if any of you thought I was draconian ...

http://news.com.com/2100-1017-885574.html

heh.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

;-)

I'll send some fairy juice #7 your way by the end of the month. 16 Euro...That spoon was a bargain.
Aion
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang,

for a piece that one sees only once in
a lifetime there will be a battle "like
starved dogs" (between those who can afford it).

You a right, for more common items it
is really not necessary to outbid a forum
friend.
There was a very nice Epis #11 a few days
ago for a very reasonable price that caught
my attraction, you know where it went to.

A.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ho! I didn't know who was this Hades bidder... It's always usefull to know who's bidding, that way we can sometimes make arrangements not to let auctions goes too high... Unless peoples are just fighting like starved dogs for a piece of meat...which is always a bad idea against Oxy ;-).

By the way, I was talking about the nice Les feuilles #20 and this darkly tarnished probably fake Les cuillères #1bis.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That Feuilles is an outstanding thing. That's my favorite series to collect.

Oxygenee frequently gets what he wants. ;-)

Goodnyte Amnesiac, don't forget about us...
Amnesiac
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, guys. Um...what's "e-bay"? I'm new to the computer thing.

Just fucking with you.

Goodnight, you silly sons of bitches.
Aion
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Etienne,

I think this is the other spoon Wolfgang
mentioned:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1094391116

I gave up bidding, Oxygenee not seems to be
willing to loose this battle :-(

A.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crosby;

Thanks, I'll check it out. I knew you'd be onto this. ;-)
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Etienne,

I think he's talking about Item # 1094660767.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang;

Could you post the auction numbers for those two spoons, I haven't seen them and would like to take a look.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Be very carefull with this crazy Les cuillères #1 sold for 290 Us + ... It may be the #1 bis (the fake one referenced in the Delahaye catalogue). Take also notes that this spoon should not be silver plated but should be "metal blanc" (copper and nickel, or fake silver).

If someone have some other info to prove me wrong, please share but for sure I wouldn't even pay 30$ for it.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Partus is the first absinthe I ever tried. A friend bought it at a little wineshop in Marbella four years ago. It was the last bottle on the shelf, and dusty to boot. I found it very bitter and hard to swallow. About 100 proof. All in all, nothing special. Nice vintage-looking label on a nice dark green, 1 liter bottle, and thatís about it.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ho boy, this is completely crazy...

I understand that such a nice and rare Les Feuilles reach premium price ( now over 350$) but this Les cuilleres *starting* at 290$ is pure madness.

Or is it me ?

Don't know but I'm happy when I pay 20$... My most expensive spoon (semi de trefle et d'etoiles #4) cost me 30$... And it's in very good condition.

Other question : Is Partus absinthe still available somewhere ? If you have sampled some, is it good ?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page