Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Where is Wolvie

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Where is Wolvie « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 19, 2002Wolfgang25 4-19-02  11:41 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Andy sez:
"all bottles are sent, also to my other customers, so noone has to worry"

Busy w/real life as well.
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He needs to get some of those bottle-shaped styrofoam things that SC uses. The packaging on my package was only OK.
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

shipping (a product like this) to the usa is not easy...and having it returned, broken, is, in the very least, painful...waiting is also, but, be happy it is possible in the first place...BTW, IMHO, the blanche is better than the verte...
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's cool, at least wolvies seems on top of it. Perhaps I'll take the plunge. And I suppose there's something nice about totally forgetting about the absinthe you ordered 3 months ago and then one day it shows up and you've got a nice surprise...
Maldoror
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I received this from Andy earlier this week after finally receiving my first reshipment from him.

"wooohooo,

that must be the first reshipment. i send you a picture today that might clear the whole mess ... a lot of parcels came back yesterday (after 2 months) and all are broken ... i don't know what the stupid post agency did with them... now beginns the mess with the insurance, yak ... anyway, i'm glad that you received the first!!!!

andy"
Joalco
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robertsmith ~

I order music from Germany on a fairly regular basis, and it almost always takes 4 to 6 weeks to reach me.

I think standard postal service from Deutschland to the US is a generally slow proposition. Keeps the cost down, though, and when you get the product, you'll forget about the wait...
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So I'm still trying to understand what takes wolvie so long to ship, though. If I take anything, put it in a box, and send it to Germany, it will get there within 2-3 weeks. Does Wolvie just take your money, then wait till he actually gets the Absinthe and ships it? If he actually has it, why does it take so long? And I'm sure the broken bottles probably got backed over by a stupid UPS driver, but I'm curious as to what they were packed in when they arrived broken. 99% of the time my absinthes I order come in form fitting styrofoam which is usually the standard, and pretty hard to break those bottles unless you actually crush the entire package. I dropped mine down a flight of stairs accidentally once and it was fine. I understand that Wolvie is dirt cheap, but that doesn't mean the service should suck the big fuck dick...
And has anybody ordered with success from that Suisse-Veuve Bleu site? I've wrote those bastards like 9 times and they send the same stock email back not answering any questions or even telling me where to send the fucking money order to...

I think it's hog smackin time..
Dehe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Herr smith....according to Andy this is a first and his packaging did seem tight(some motherfucker musta dropped it HARD)...not one bottle has ever been broken before...It is a hell of a wait time (ive been waiting over a month and a half) but i think its well worth it.
-Steve
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfie, I take your answer is no.

Thanks.

I'll put this matter to rest.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn it...

Maybe you prefer this more traditional one ?
bridgetroll
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page