Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 18, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » NYC GT » Archive through April 18, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://digilander.iol.it/ilxnucleo/Emoticon/Vomito.gif,barf
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Breathtaking! Nice tree!
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the new official emoticon for the gt...

http://digilander.iol.it/ilxnucleo/Emoticon/Vomito.gif
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LB,

I'm pretty sure Vera didn't leave because of me. We had a little spat, then kissed and made up. Thanks for paying attention to me though. It's all I really want.
And be assured, when I go fuck myself, I'll go in capitol letters.
Larsbogart
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Large Booger is correct"
Large booger says: Hey Louche Bag GO fuck yourself. No wonder Vera left. See ya asshole.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm heading in on Saturday afternoon, and will be staying Sunday night as well. I'm sure the party and the subsequent morning after hair of the dog get togethers will draw the mutha out.

Pablo, and anyone else,

I happen to be having a Liver Leaves the SkyBox party next Saturday.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kiddies,
This will be as trash/fabulous as we are willing to make it, which is saying-VERY!
Torty, the dress code is clothing optional as are all forum hoedowns. I'm looking for just the right piece of bamboo for my sheath though.
The Penninsula, by Madison Square Garden is dirt cheap, especially if doubling, or tripling up. And not far from Downtown.
Pablo
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

LL, can we move the date up? I don't want to wait that long. But, I'm definately still in baby!

And I believe it will be like "girls gone wild", but without all the girls. (wait, not so sure I want to go now.......)

P.S. I'm still looking for accomodations. Any hotel room that comes with cable and a hooker will do. Any one looking to share a room? Or a hooker? E-mail me.
Gettingsane
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BAWLMER MARILAND HOP SKIP AND A JUMP
Tortainglese
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, I live in NYC too, but I am new and dont know any of you guys. But if the meeting resembles a sleazy trash film, I vote for Caligula. Dress code?
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You've seen "Debbie does Dallas" haven't you?
Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey I live in NYC. will the get together be something like those "girls gone wild" videos? If so, I'm there...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

will the fest be only on the 29th or will it be one of those things that stretch out for a couple or more days? will you make the trip out this way kallisti? or will you leave us wanting more? (wink,wink) so the train seems to be the best bet to get there, right? i'm probably only four hours away from nyc so i could drive but i sounds like parking is worse than in wash d.c., what the hell am i worried about there's plenty of time to hammer travel details.
louchie-- your a king of kings
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Great, I would be also very happy to have a drink with one of the forum's living legend ;-).
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Which eye? Not the glass one, I hope; you'd offend him.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

Lemme roll out the red carpet. I'd like to shake your hand and look you in the eye, and chat.

LL
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Leopard Lounge is upstairs at Sin Sin.

I know a shitload of restauranteurs and club owners in NYC. I'll give some serious thought to this and see if I can hook you up with someone who will do the right thing by you.

I'll probably be in NYC at the time of the gathering.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Marc, very much. I'll do that post haste. You had told me you used the Leopard Lounge, and that it was quite large, so I passed on it. I'm looking for a smaller attendance figure than the blowout you tossed!
Thanks again.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For those who don't know, there is an absinthe get together in NYC on June 29th. Everyone is invited, even GoneInsane, if he doesn't shout. Fairy Fest is the name, meetin' forumites is the game. Any more questions, just post 'em up here. I'll help anybody with any questions regarding getting around, looking for rooms-whatever.
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

louched,

e-mail me. I'll give you my daughter's phone number in NYC. She's well-connected to New York nightlife. She lives on the Lower East Side.

Have you contacted the folks at Sin Sin? That's the lounge where I hosted my gathering. You can drop my name. It will help.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The venue, one way or another will be taken care of in a couple of weeks. Leaving about 2 months lead time. It will be a night event-8ish kick off. Large Booger is correct, a car in Manhattan is a nuisance, not a help.
The venue will be in the Downtown area. More culture than Midtown, as originally planned.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fear not, Fairy Fest flies! I'm doing my damndest to avoid a byob restaurant. I'd rather rent a hotel suite.
On that note, I was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 day apartment rental (1 day more than I wanted, but that's the minimum), when I received an e-mail from my man in The City-Armani Johnny. He informed me that he has a friend w/a large, art filled loft in TriBeCa, who may be interested in renting it for the night. They are understandably worried about damage. I threw some generous #s his way (it'll be on my tab folks), and said I'd stay sober to loft-sit. Ah, the sacrifice! This was late last week. I still have not heard back, and don't want to push too hard too fast, as this a friend asking a big favor of a friend.
Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang, I wouldnt drive if I were you. Theres always the problem of where to dump your car. You'll spend more than flying at the gas pumps unless you know a bush or cheny. I lose more cars that way. Once I went to pick up my car from the garage by NYU...$2000.00 Bucks! And they are still harassing me about those unpaid parking tickets, they threaten to take it out my driveway. Or the boot or towed. You need that? Or someone will have a bright idea to go uptown downtown or to Jersey and can save money if you drive. Your drunk, what do you do?
You should invite Edwidge Belmore for some real fun. Remember her from Carmelita's on 14th marc or beige?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes indeedy- have we got a venue?

Course, we might be able to find us a BYOB restaraunt in a pinch. A real, horrible, scrotum in the car door pinch, but still.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Any updates ? Is it still happening ? I need more info and some kind of confirmation before I start moving the whole world around to try to be able to attend ( having some problem with vacation planning and this damn job...)

I also checked train schedule and theres a train coming from Montreal that could be in New York on june 29 at around 19:00. Will it be a night event or will I absolutely have to use my damn car to go there ?

Info needed, here or through email.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page