Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 19, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Where is Wolvie » Archive through April 19, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

troll
Crosby
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How fucking lame can you get.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfie, out of curiosity. You don't happen to have any commercial relationship with Jade, do you?
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I need to say it...*try to refrain to hurgggg* I sooo need to say it...*hurrrggggg* ....

Ok, I`ll resist the temptation.

Now I should do some yoga like in te old days... Or find salvation in humor.

Look at him, he knows what`s the whole point. Yes yes yes, its writen on his internet printed recipe : contract
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crosby, I read carefully.

The phrase you quoted is the only one in the entire post that does not discourage Hausgemachting.
Crosby
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Didn't Wolfgang say:

"If you'r into it also for the learning pleasure, fine, have fun (and email me when you finally get something good to exchange...). "

You really don't understand the posts you read.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"In my case, even if I can do some tasty hausgematche, it would be more cost and time effective to do some overtime at work to pay for a 75-80$* bottle of good professionally made bottle of Jade"

God's Truth. There's not a single Hausgemachter in this Forum who would not agree about the cost effectiveness of buying commercial absinthe.

On the other hand, you have missed the whole point of Hausgemachting.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 6:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hausgematching is about lots of time and money on bad to so-so batches and when you finally figure out how to do something good, there's always the temptation to collect too much and then again ending up with a bad tail tasting batche...Or the temptation to try new herbs and experimenting with new recipe and ending up with funky tasting absinthe. Of course after months of wasting, someone got to do something good but it still take lots of time to do... It's a case of divorce ! So if someone want to do it just for the drinking pleasure, I advise you to forget about it. If you'r into it also for the learning pleasure, fine, have fun (and email me when you finally get something good to exchange...).

In my case, even if I can do some tasty hausgematche, it would be more cost and time effective to do some overtime at work to pay for a 75-80$* bottle of good professionally made bottle of Jade.

*** disclaimer : I have no idea about the projected cost of a bottle, I'm just throwing numbers like that. Could be less, could be more.
Gettingsane
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

SO SENOR FISHER LADY

http://isuisse.ifrance.com/veuve-bleue/
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Move to Switzerland.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Guess hogsmackin' is the next alternative. It's crossed my mind many times in the last month or so.
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So us people in the US can either pay Betty nearly triple Wolvies price and get our bottles in 5 days not broken, that cost 6 times the original Swiss price, or we can pay Wolvie less than half of Bettys price to get broken bottles or bottles 3 months late. I hate our options. Somebody tell me somewhere else to get LB for cheap, now Dammit!!!!!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bummer. Thought it was the replacements, but I should have figgerd out from the date that it wasn't, so I'm a knumgskull, it ain't news.
Dehe
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh no senor...i was talkin bout the broken ones still waiting on the ones that are full...ahhhh at least i know what it smells like.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Alright for Steve! Have you tapped it yet?

For what it's worth, I haven't heard from Andy in quite some time either. Dunno what's up.
Dehe
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i ordered mine feb 22nd and recieved it 4-12 so be patient it'll get here. I've emailed him numerous times and havent gotten a responce glad to see im not the only one.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have quite a bit on the way that I have been guaranteed will be in my grasp before June. I'll bring the bit of Old Way I have left too.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe he's just unable to keep up with demand...

I advise those planning to bring some to the NYC GT to order very soon...
Themagicman
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I e-mailed him about the green to see if it was available It took about a week or maybe two when i did get the e-mail back. he said that he was in Paris or something like that so maybe out again
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The first order I placed arrived in about 4 to 5 weeks. The second order I placed on February 17th, and as of yet, still no absinthe. I did get an email about a week back saying that he would re-ship the parcel...
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, he did have that health thing- might have cropped up again.
Giovannigray
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah.. He shipped mine on March 6..still don't have it. Tried e-mailing him a while ago to which I received no response, which is odd to me because he's usually very responsive and friendly. Gonna try again tonight.
Salspec
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FEBRUARY!!!! are you serious? WOW! Does he ship via Chevrolegs?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kinda. I ordered mine in mid February- wrote him and asked 'what up' and he said he has never lost a shipment.

So I am giving it another week or two... like I have a choice.
Salspec
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I placed an order about 3 weeks ago. I was quoted 2 to 3 weeks delivery. I dont mind if it comes later than that (I kinda expected that). But, four days ago I emailed him asking for a tracking #, or if there is one. As of yet I've gotten no reply...is this the norm?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page