Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Www.thedrinkshop.com

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Www.thedrinkshop.com « Previous Next »

Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just keep thinking of this guy in the dorm room next to me in college (longgggg time ago) who, could be talked into drinking used bong grape slushee (used to cool the smoke). We all thought it was hilariously funny but really disgusting.

Seriously, though, hashish flavor is not something I would seek unless I was looking for... hashish.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthespoon,

There will be no THC at all in the cannabis vodka as this would be illegal to sell in the UK. They use the male plant leaves (which have no THC) to flavour the product and there won't be any THC from seeds in the bottle either.

For taste though, hemp gives a product a nice sweet, spicey flavour that tastes like the smell of a lump of hash. If you like that smell you'll like the taste of hemp flavoured products.

Hobgoblin
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Double post.
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I don't like Belvedere either. A much better sipping vodka is Mezzaluna if you can find it. Otherwise stick with Gray Goose, the best of these types of vodkas. I am partial to Frïs as a mixer and you can't beat Gordon's for the price. If you're down to your last few bucks and need to stay drunk for a few days, Five O'Clock vodka will get you by. Once you've expended that, try huffing some 87 octane in a plastic bag. I think Mobil is a bit better than Shell but in the end, it's all a matter of preference.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think cannabis vodka is a stupid concept. There are cannabis seeds in the bottle. As far as I know there is little or no THC in seeds, and I doubt very much that they are tasty at all. It seems to me to be an exploitive product aimed at people who think they are going to get high drinking it. I don't even like regular vodka, but for some reason people keep giving it to me (One of my ex-coworkers gave me a 1.75 liter bottle of Belvedere when I left my job.)

I can't say anything about hemp wine, since I haven't tasted it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthespoon,

The cannabis vodka might taste alright. Hemp beer tastes ok and hemp wine tastes lovely. I tasted them at a food exhibition in London a few years back and immediately bought a few cases of the hemp wine. Unfortunately the company's website doesn't seem to respond to requests for more and their phone seems dead, The company was based in Amsterdam and was called Nirvana. I'd love to get hold of some of their hemp wine again.

Hobgoblin
Absinthespoon
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried an Absinthe King miniature in London, just for educational purposes. It was fairly revolting, far from a pleasant drink, but not really as bad as I thought it would be. The added wormwood leaves in the bottle are silly, and undoubtedly do not improve the taste.
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd almost like to try Absinthe King Gold, just to see exactly HOW revoling it is. They have miniatures now...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think the only Czech absinthe I would wanna try is Sebor. I cant access the site though, it freezes up my screen. Sensory Overload or I should say the gerbal running in my computer is frail.
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

www.barforama.com
Absinthespoon
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah I saw the Hapsburg 85 in London. The sign in the window at Jerry's said "EXTREMELY DANGEROUS". That probably enhances its appeal to window shoppers. Plus it was right next to the cannabis vodka (gaaahh)- makes me shudder just to think how vile that must be.
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gah, they've got Hapsburg at _170_PROOF_ now? "It tastes like burning..."
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, drinkshop blows. None of those are really drinkable except Mary Mayans, and I don't really like that either, too one dimensional, although the bottle is seductive...
They're about as expensive as Betty!
Absinthespoon
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just looked- all of those absinthes are crappy, and their prices are outrageously high.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Using the google search engine this morning. I came across this site that carries about 8 different absinthes. Anyone ever bought anything from this site before ?? Just wondering...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page