Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 19, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Hello People » Archive through April 19, 2002 « Previous Next »

Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!! I think that I will go out on a limb and let you know how it turns out......
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The best thing to do, Scream, is to try as many as you can..We all have divergent opinions. My $.02, though..if you're ordering from SC.. Deva50, NS70, Segarra, Serpis.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess it harks back to the Daze of Yore when absinthe was considered a stomach-ailment cure. But..I've noticed when I have a glass of La Fee, Deva or La Bleue, I can get away with eating heavier food later, and not regret it as I might absinthefrei.

Or, it's just a good excuse.
Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe I should not get the serpis - maybe the deva - I don't know - I trust your opinions!!! You are obviously more experienced than me.....
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Point G-ray!
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

..and most other brands actually PREVENT heartburn for me..so there you go.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

G-ray,
Me neither. Gives me a shot of heartburn, though.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't have a sufficiently discerning absinthe palate to identify what the hell that taste IS in that beetlejuice, Serpis, but it makes me gag.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everything has a price point. If ordering from SC, and you have the scratch, get 2 or 4 bottles. You'll regret getting just one.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But, not to add a negative pall to this thread, on the other side of the Spanish spectrum.. NS70, Deva50, and Segarra...all quite satisfying.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I get it, like it, then about 1/2 way through the bottle, I don't think I'll ever get it again. Then after a couple months it's-damn! I'd like some Serpis!
And off the cycle goes again.
Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I think I'll go with the serpis. Call me a cheap bastard, but others I have seen like "Betty" are way too expensive for me - and I live in the US.......
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah.. Serpis is a love/hate thing. I hate it.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And HP is just the jockey to school yer ass in the Red Sting.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gots ta try Serpis! If only because you'll read how much people love or hate it. And the glasses are nice lil' fuckers. They are the ones I take camping. It's absinthe only in the woods.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Please indulge...

http://www.beautyandruin.com/absinthe/slerpis.html
Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK - what do you people think of serpis? They have a deal for two bottles and two glasses.....
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I'm just saving up a little. I have half of the two I ordered left!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya Crowly,

Myself, I never order less than 4 from SC. Just seems a waste to get less. I'd be firin' up the reup as soon as I got shipment. Biggest was 8 bottles. That was a satisfying 5 minutes, unsheathing those snuggly wrapped bottles of fairy squeezin's.
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree!

I ordered 2 bottles of Deva 50 on my first shot.
Next time I will order 5 bottles. One of each Deva, One of each NS, and and one other bottle. Maybe Serpis.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit, spell abbsynthe anyway you want, just don't spill any.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Greetings Scream+Whimper,

What can you expect from absinthe? How about nothing? Why not just try it and see for yourself?

As for Fairy Fest, it will be a bunch of interesting people getting together to see what (fill in blank w/forum name) is "really" like, whilst getting progressively lit as the night goes on. And I can pretty much gaurantee you'll laugh and laugh. And you will meet people that you will stay in touch with, either through here, e-mail, phone, or in person.
Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I have been out partying, but thanks for the grammatical error - I will not do it again.....
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

first of all, I would recommend that you spell Absinthe correctly. I know I'm being a condescending dick. OK, if you order from SC, you should get Deva 55%, NS 55%, and Deva 70%. That's just my personal opinion. It's better to order at least 2 bottles too because you'll save on the shipping. I don't know the details of the NYC meeting, but I live there and should probably get my ass in gear and go too...
Screamingwhispe
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, i'm new - obviously. I was wondering about the little get together in June. I live near New York. I have never had any absenthe in my life and I must say that I am intrigued by it. What can I expect? Please do not be too harsh on me. I'm thinking about ordering some from spirirts corner. Any recommendations? Thank you for you time...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page