Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How Long is Someone a Newbie?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » How Long is Someone a Newbie? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 22, 2002Tavarua25 4-22-02  8:03 pm
Archive through April 23, 20022loucheltrec25 4-23-02  6:00 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Wormwood
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Falling water is nearer to Pittsburgh than it is to Harrisburg or Philadelphia.

It's far south of Pittsburgh almost near the West Virginia border, the big city on the map near it is called Ohiopyle.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Falling water is near Philly right... Never been to philly, but I've been to Harrisburg.
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And now...

The Absinthe Forum: An Analogy (presented by some talented Dutch guy):

http://www.nobodyhere.com/justme/wallpaper.php3
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Big fan of Wright here, too. If anyone's ever in the Chicago area, make sure you see the several Wright houses (and his studio) in the near western suburb of Oak Park. Worth the detour from the usual points of interest.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tis true. There was a Usonian house not far from my hometown, on the bend of a dirt road that we would drive by all the time. Even just seeing it from the outside was shweet.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh I dig you man- Wright is one of those who's work your gotta see in person, like Modrian.

It's just not the same otherwise.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You should traipse on down to Fallingwater if you haven't. It's amazing when you get to experience it. Inside and out. Can't be truly put in words, photos, or video.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got to see an exhibit of his office furniture in Atlanta.

There were these three legged desks- they tipped over if you didn't have a keen sense of balance.

The workers complained. Wright said it was thier failure to adapt to his furniture, not his furniture's design.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I believe there is a big steel beam on it for the time being due to sagging on one of the balconies. Well worth the trip if you a Wright fan.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fallingwater.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page