Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 21, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Hello People » Archive through April 21, 2002 « Previous Next »

Destiny
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This seems to be somewhat along the lines of a "what is absinthe" question. Are you a "date rapist" if you have a few drinks and then force yourself to masturbate?
Verawench
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Are you with me Pikkle?"

I thought Pikkle believed everyTHING is gay.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Head,

I believe you are engaging in a bit of baiting here.

But really everyone is gay and everyone is straight. The two are not definite categories and there is a line of continuum between 'gay' and 'straight'. Therefore there is no definite distinctive cut-off line between the two poles. Everyone lies somewhere along this continuum so everyone is straight and everyone is gay.

Hobgoblin
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Right, you are Hobgob! I may have just been swayed to at least TRY Sebor. I probably won't try the one with the poop on the bottom thoough!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...everyone is gay. "

This is true. Are you with me Pikkle?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I could go down on myself, it'd mean I'd be unemployed, because I'd never leave the house.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Giovanni, you should go and find yourself a good yoga Guru.
Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

would that I had the talent and elasticity to accomplish such a thing.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"If you went down on yourself, would that make you gay?"

In that case masturbation would make you gay.

In that case virtually everyone is gay.

Therefore if going down on yourself would make you gay, virtually everyone is gay.

Hobgoblin
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid,

I'm not saying that everyone should buy every single brand of absinthe available and taste it, I certainly haven't, (if you have the money, time and interest to be able to do so then you are fortunate). What I am saying is that until you have tasted a particular type of absinthe you cannot hold an honest opinion on whether you judge it to be a good product or not (and even when you have tasted it your view is only your opinion and not a fact). People can comment on the products they have sampled themselves but you should not start advising others not to ever buy a product you have not even tasted. Even if you have tasted it and don't like that does not mean others will not like it, take the examples of Serpis, Sebor and Mari Mayans.

What we should be advising others to do is try as many absinthes as possible (within the parameters of your means, interest and time). We should by all means give our opinions of how our taste-buds judge these products but we should not imply that the taste-buds of others will reach a similar judgement.

Looking back 2 years ago on this forum there was a much more open-minded approach to absinthe, people were encouraged to try virtually everything. Now it seems people are advised only to sample about 6 products. This is not healthy, we should be encouraging a broad, catholic approach regarding absinthe and not encouraging others to have an increasingly narrow view of what absinthes they ought to be drinking.

Hobgoblin
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, just lucky!
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you went down on yourself, would that make you gay?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Especially if washed cat style.
_Blackjack
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not if you wash every day...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know mine get bitter when ignored.
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The gentle bitterness of genitalia?
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lordhob is right, you should try something before telling people that it`s no good... But the four brands of Czech I tasted told me one thing : never gain. The only bottle I finished was a Sebor (from one of kyle`s associates in the UK, not from the ripoff asshole who`s selling who knows what using the Sebor name ).

The good bottle of Sebor ( from http://www.seborabsinth.com/ ) was interesting but way too expensive for what it is. IF you don`t like heavy anis and think you would like (what I think is) the strange but gentle bitterness of gentiana, give it a try.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Hobby, cut em some slack- there are many slaves of the fairy who don't happen to have the means to support her in the lifestyle she is accustomed to.

So if you are some stoodent at a kollidge, and all your money goes to tuition and child support... even if it is secondhand info, avoiding laying out next weeks laundry money on green kerosine masquerading as absinth is something to be avoided at all costs.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No problem Crowlyman and sorry if my post came over a bit patronising. It's just that I hate the sheep-like nature that often develops on this forum when it comes to people deciding what is or is not good absinthe. Next thing we'll have people writing reviews about absinthes they've never even tasted.

Hobgoblin
Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Point taken, LordHobgogblin. But from all indications, I myself will not try them.
That was just my opinion, and I think that's the way it reads.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowlyman,

How can you say that Czech absinthe is rubbish and not worth trying when you haven't tried it yourself? How can you be in any position to advise others never to try what you have never tasted? Unless you have tried a particular absinthe you can not have an honest opinion on it.

Quite a few people here, (myself included) like Sebor. It is at least as popular here as Serpis (probably even more popular). So to say all Czech absinthe is rubbish is wrong. Many people absolutely hate Serpis, does that mean it is not worth trying? I'm glad I didn't listen to the majority here, Serpis is excellent.

So never say that you will not try any Czech stuff because it's all rubbish. This is simply not the case (at least with Sebor).

Like any absinthe, some will like it, others will not, but until you try it for yourself you will not know whether you will like it or not.

Anyway we should not be sheep and follow the herd's meek bleating.

Hobgoblin
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My first Absinthe was Sebor, which I took straight. 3 glasses later and 12 hours and I spent the next day puking my insides out. I was like "Absinthe is from hell" and swore never to do it again. Then I tried Deva from SC and now I mainline it 3 times a day. I now spend my time putting acid on lickable star stamps and handing them out to 9 year old girlies...
perhaps it's time to kill my mother, rape a goat, and cut my ear off....
:(
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Your first mistake was taking it straight. . .
Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry I started this whole Serpis thing! I just want to try it all, so that I know what the fuck I might be talking about. There are some that I DON"T want to try: Czech brands for one.
I really don't want to spend the night gagging the Windex shuffle. If it were free...maybe I would try it. But I won't pay for it, word of mouth goes a long way.
I'm just above you as resident rookie Screamer, and that is about all I have learned. Stay thy gullet from thee Czech.
(It's another scotch night folk's. Red label tonite.)
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"go out on a limb"

You know, I always thought that was a strange expression.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page