Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 23, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Logan Fils! » Archive through April 23, 2002 « Previous Next »

Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Antimony chloride
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear god. It looks like a glass of milk! But I have seen other photos of vintage Pernod, and they didn't look like that... not quite so opaque.

Perhaps you got a sample with some of that whatchamacalit chemical- you know, that 'hyperlouche' stuff I can't remember the name of. Metal salt of some kind I think...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Have you seen the louche of his glass of vintage Pernod ? Do you really think there was no star anis at all in it ? I doubt.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The color of a 96 years old Pernod is not the same as it was before. If I pay for an autentic absinthe today, I want it to look like it was 96 years ago, not like a discolored very old absinthe.

Anyway, I would taste this Logan brew if someone offered me a glass but for sure I won't pay 200 us$ for a bottle of *any* modern absinthe.

I'm even willing to exchange a 50ml sample of Wolfsinthe for a sample of this probably very bad potion but that's where I draw the line to my curiosity.
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

While that louche does look rather boogery, I'll post a picture of a vintage 1906 Edouard Pernod Louche as my photo, which actually looks surprisingly similar. The website says thay also sell La Bleu, so I'm making a call to see if it's at least closer to Wolvie's price than Betty's price...who knows, maybe this stuff is good. I'd feel like a real douchebag if I spent $200 on crap, so I dare somebody else here to try it first
Sicboy13
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

....I, unfortunately, found the pictures of the "louched" product. Eeeeeeeeew! It does look like mustard.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 5:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe they can sell mini bottles...
Albertcamus
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i would be willing to try it.but dont know about buying it.i will ask for a sample.hehe
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you don't want to buy from them, you could probably buy it from Betty for $600.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For $200.00?

You know how much crack I could by with that kind of money?

I don't think anyone here would have to be involved- I think they read this board is all.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The usual Czeck ripoff... But who's willing to be the forum's guinea pig ? We need an open minded taster who always think people should taste before bitching... Lordhob maybe ?

No thank's for me.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

All of that green light you see around the people in the pictures is really their intestines melting and the beautiful green odor they are letting loose from their anus. She looks like shes enjoying it too..
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

my picture

Less than enticing.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The louche looks like some one dumped Heinz mustard in a glass of milk. I'd cut off my ear to if I drank something like that. Probably my tongue as well.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Someone stole some bits of aluminum foil from my kitchen. To wrap the bottlenecks, I'd say.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, at $209 + shipping this commercial venture, in my opinion is doomed to faliure.
Aion
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The louche looks like pea-soup,
not pleasant at all.

The protocol makes use of melissa AND
lemon-balm, and I always thought that was
the same.

Did anyone count, how many times the base
alcohol was mentioned?

If I would be paranoid I would start assuming
one or two individuals here are somehow
related to this company.

A.
Oxygenee
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well I think the Western-themed typeface is rather charming....
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah the bottle looks neat (and gimmicky) but the pictures of the louche are down right scary. Resembles what I imagine vomit would look like after eating a box of butterscotch crimpets. Not pleasant.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well for 200 dollars a bottle, you'd think they would spend a little more money and time making the website look less like a rip off. The bottle looks neat though.
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is the same company that imported and marketed Absinthe King and the rest of the Czech stuff. Considering all the awful stuff that they proclaimed to be "authentic", I don't see any reason to start believing them now, especially considering the price...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

wow! that's pricey. they talk the talk but do they walk the walk?
Verawench
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Oscar Wilde and Paul Marie Verlaine, for instance, had two things in common. They were both heavy Absinthe drinkers and were jailed for homosexuality."

Um... is this some new marketing angle I'm not aware of?
Verawench
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

logan_fils

I'm sold.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.absintheworld.com/links/logan_price.html

is it good? It better be golden for 200 USD...

- J

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page