Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Two things

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Two things « Previous Next »

Mvario
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zman7:

Well, I ordered on like the 13th or 14th, a weekend, so figure it wasn't processed until the 15th, and they attempted delivery on the 23rd, and I picked it up at the post office on the 24th. So like 8 or 9 days

Absinthespoon:
I tried the Oxygénée last night. I liked it.
I'm going to try the Kubler tonight.

Still waiting on the Pernod from absint-shop.com. I place that order on the 7th.
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, now how do I get it into english? I can't figure out shipping costs.

Nevermind...found it.
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Absinthespoon.
I am getting ready to order again, and I want to check out everything I can before I make a decision on what to buy.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowlyman,
See the thread "Oxygenée in Germany".
The website is www.LaFeeVerte.de

They have Oxygénée, Kubler, Pernod 68 and many others. Several forumites have recently ordered. Markus is very responsive.
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Could you perhaps email me with the place of where said product was ordered Mvario? My addy is in my profile.
Thanks.
Zman7
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mvario,
How long did it take for your order to arrive from when you placed the order?
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

i think the paypal only reffers to sales outside of usa.

No, I went all the way through the checkout until the last step, just to see. He only accepts paypal. Oddly, shipping seems to be $25 regardless of the number of bottles you buy.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mvario, Cool! Let us know how you like the Oxygénée (and Kubler, if you ordered it).
Mvario
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthespoon, just got my order from Markus today.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, why waste time on less than the best? Ave Kallisti!

The link on Frenchman's site is the same as the new one on Ian's. Not surprising really.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I reed a couple of Yahoo Groups which had previously been on some other service (eGroups, I think) until Yahoo bought them and stuck in all those ads.

So yes, indeed, there is no praise high enough for our gracious hostess. She is wise and her hair is mighty!
Sicboy13
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Air quotes everyone, remember.

Say in best Dr. Evil voice...

Yahoo "For-rum"
Raschied
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you see the amount of advertising you have to put up with on the Yahoo "forum"? There was a blipvert between each posting!!!

Please, please, please everyone contribute to Kallisti's bandwidth fund! Or, at least buy her an extra bottle the next time you order!
Sicboy13
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I checked out the yahoo absinthe "forum".

I just wanted to say a great big thanks to Kallisti.

Your forum is beatiful. Thanks for letting me post here. I couldnt imagine where I'd be if I'd been forced to seek out answers, etc. from that other "forum". (when reading don't forget to do the air-quotes thing evertime you read the word "forum")
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i think the paypal only reffers to sales outside of usa.i might order, not a bad price.anyone know who this is?
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolf,
Kubler is not colored, it's supposed to be a La Bleue. I am expecting some in a few days from our friend Markus.
Lint
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Both look interesting, especially frenchman's new offering.
Sicboy13
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone have any personal experience with Kubler, or the site listed below?

It did peak my curiosity, thanks for any help yous guys can offer.

sicboy
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

3. In three years, 44 posts in a month was its high point in terms of traffic. This forum sometimes generates 44 posts in an hour.

*flex*
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I did battle on this battleground too but it's an opeless pit of ignorance. Those who realy care find their way up here.

For something new, you should check out Frenchman's site, I think he's about to sell some absinthe...

For the Kubler, note that it's only 45% so it can't be traditionally colored, which doesn't mean it's no good but...
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ted pops up everywhere on the Internet to combat absinthe ignorance. He used to pop into the beer newsgroups; maybe he still does. I abandoned that particular field; it was heavy slogging against people who consider themselves authorities because they read Dr. Arnold's article in Scientific American years ago.

I had a glance at the Yahoo forum.

1. It's devoted to the "liquer" absinthe.
2. The logo is a bottle of Sebor.
3. In three years, 44 posts in a month was its high point in terms of traffic. This forum sometimes generates 44 posts in an hour.

I didn't bother to read any posts.
Mvario
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

He's domestic. The IP traces out to the Pittsburgh area
Mr_Carfax
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Like I don't waste enough time reading this forum :-)

...now I go and join another...must try to farm down my yahoo groups..looking at the content though I can see I'll be unsubscribing in the near future...
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, it looks like Ted has already been there, and his absinthe-fu is far mightier than mine.
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From the Yahoo group:

"Shipping via Airmail as "(something normally edited on this forum)". No Problems.

Juanito"

Put it in bold next time, Juanito. Or better yet, scan and post your Airmail packing list.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

1) I have discovered that there is a Yahoo! club dedicated to absinthe. I am wary of looking, just because I would feel compelled to start debunking...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/absinthe2/

2) Here's a place selling the new Kubler for $69. They only take PayPal, which makes me wary...

http://209.197.125.154/swisslableue/shop.html

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page