Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Brain in the Wire

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Brain in the Wire « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have Kasmodiah and the last one, thank`s to Vera, White lies.

They are doing an acoustic concert in Leipzig on apr. 30.
Aion
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang,
Do you have a copy of the
Deine Lakaien - "Acoustic" CD.
Must have!!!
Perfect absinthe soundtrack!
A.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll probably burn a Death in june song on my NYC gt compilation. It's smooth, usually people like it even if they don't know this kind of music.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I did a Diamonda show years ago in Ann Arbor... and yes, John Paul Jones was with her then too... and yes, she sucked immensely... so much so, I said 'fuck it' and left the job, that's how bad it was... I pray she implodes any day now...
Verawench
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

try these Death in June albums:

"Take Care and Control"
"Nada!"
"What Ends when the Symbols Shatter"
...or
"Discriminate" for a greatest hits type compilation of their stuff.

I'll be happy to upload a few of their mp3s to my website.
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm a big Coil fan, but I haven't delved too deeply into Death in June, Nurse With Wound, or Current 93...

There are tracks by NWW & C93 on the Brainwashed box, and they're pretty cool.

Too much music, too many imports, and not enough cash. I should sell a kidney to Gary Coleman.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not too long ago I won the Pre Death in June Crisis double disc cd. I payed 40 dollars for it on ebay, which is more than I would usually pay for a cd, but this is pre death in june so it was worth it. It's also been out of print for awhile. Right now I'm looking for "The Dark" Best of double disc. I caught it once on ebay, but lost it.
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been on a bit of a Pig kick lately... There are so many side-projects, and damn near all of the newer discs are import, but Raymond Watts is a fucking demented genius.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like Diamanda.
Her work gives me an idea
of what it must be like to
be in that psychotic, screaming,
trance-like, state of pre-menstrual,
hormonal, poisoning.

It makes my mouth water...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Diamanda Galas is horrible.. I dont see how people like her. I cannot stand Eva O as well.. Rozz Williams should have put duct tape over her mouth and just let her play guitar. She was decent at that.. Sorry Eva fans....
Verawench
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a faded old t-shirt with Diamanda's face on it. People always ask me if that's a) Elvis b) Robert Smith on the t-shirt. But now I mostly sleep in it cause it's comfy. On the back it says "I wake up and ask the Devil "What time is it?" and he says "how much time do you need" or something to that effect. Silly.

You think her friends call her Mandy? Let loose the Barry Manilow jokes...
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not much of a Diamanda fan myself, although I regret missing the show she played here a few years ago with John Paul Jones...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

AAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIA
IAIAIAAAYAYAYAYAYAAYAY
YAAYYEYEYEYEEYEYEYEY
EYEYEEYEEEEYEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEUUUUHAHAHUHAUH
UHUHUHUHUHUHUHHUHUHHHU
HUHUHUHUHUHYYYYEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEAAAIAAIAIAII
EIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIE
EIEIEIEIEEIEIEE....
oooooooooooooooohhhh Daddy !!!!
ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh Dadddy!!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Diamanda Galas SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Lint
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

good to see someone else on here is into idm(ish) types of electronic music...

cex/kid606/aphex/muziq/cylob/squarepusher/autechre/matmos/ovuca/bogdan/animals on wheels/plaid/etc
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know there are quite a few music fans out there, so I figured I let you know about this.

I ordered this set, compiled by the Brainwashed.com website, back in December (it began shipping last week), and finally received it yesterday.

Brain in the Wire is a limited edition 3-CD set featuring new, rare, and remixed tracks by a variety of artists such as Coil, Diamanda Galas, Meat Beat Manifesto, Kid 606, Cyclobe, Matmos, Thighpaulsandra, and many more.

It comes in a wire-wrapped tin box with all sorts of goodies inside. They are still selling a small number of these sets and Brainwashed for $45. A bit steep, but well worth it for some of you music junkies like myself.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page