Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Let me probe your drinkin' psyches......

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Let me probe your drinkin' psyches... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 26, 2002Wolfgang25 4-26-02  11:55 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The most amazing vintage I tasted was this divine Offley Boa Vista 1983... It's been two years and I can still remember the taste and the feeling of drinking perfection I got at this moment.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I drink alot of late bottled vintages, especially the traditional ones, like Noval, Warres, Smith Woodhouse, Quinta de La Rosa, and Niepoort. I like vintages the best, but they can get expensive. I drink tawnies occasionally, and especially like a good 20 year old tawny.
Artemis
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Something I've heard about and want, but can't find is quince liquor."

Except for the occasional Ramos Gin Fizz and sake, I had no interest whatsoever in hard liquor or wine until absinthe came into my life, and I still don't. Absinthe is the ONLY liquor I drink or keep in the house. I recently had an absinthe with quince in it; now THAT was special.
Brett
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amarula Cream has been avaliable here in British Columbia for almost a year a believe. Its great stuff. I need more...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i b puffer- which ports do you prefer, the cask aged (10, 20, 40 year) tawnys or bottle aged vintage or late bottled vintage?
i've also started getting into sherries too, not the cheap cooking swill but good amontillado or oloroso (from spain of course).
(bowing to the armagnac king, that's you ted!) armagnac is a new must drink to me , i prefer it over cognac any day , my cles de ducs (cheap) is hitting rock bottom.
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I also like Amarula. It`s made frum a fruit greatly appreciated from...the elephants ! Apparently it have an effect on them and they eat it untill they colapse.

I don`t think it have any special effect on the human body. It`s just really tasty.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My drink of choice is Port. I drink it more often than absinthe.

Something I've heard about and want, but can't find is quince liquor.
Desoto
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ooo, I forgot to mention a new one: Amarula. It's a South African cream liquer (usually I'm not big on liquers) made from the fruit of the Marula tree. The process is similar to wine-making and involves aging it for two years in oak barrels before adding the cream. It just became available in the US and I ordered it right away from my local store. It's so freakin' tasty! Absinthe is getting some serious competition around here...

DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The 95!!! Wouhou!
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh shit, MY PENIS!!!!
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey ted,your inniskillin ice wine(vidal blanc) 375 ml (half bottle) is what i ordered from my perveyor ... hope i don't have to wait to long for it... it's going to dent me about $65 , i missed a chance on some austrian eiswien a while back but some of that was pushing $80 (at wholesale)... wolvie, i got 2 bottles jv-fleury hermitage '95... my beaurenard is '99 , after tonight i'll have one left (it's breathing now)... just about a week before the nyc fest we're holding a wine and food pairing at the restaurant i work at ... i was going to crack open one of the hermitage for some special people i have coming but that will still leave me one to bring to nyc... my wines about ready to drink , so ... (holds up glass to everyone)... cheers...
Tabreaux
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From the dusty various and sundry bin:
Inniskillin Ice Wine (gold), vintage Chateau Rutherford, Lafite Rothschilde, Baron Phillipe & Perrier Jouet C.B.E., Armagnac Dupeyron 1966, 1922, and 1897, Armagnac Chateau Briat, Armagnac Bonnal Hors D'age, Armagnac Darroze, Cognac Ferrand Abel, Ferrand Reserve Pineau de Charentes, Macallan 18yr, Cachaça Ypioca, Genepys, Piscos, Marcs, Asian herbals & oddities, Muscadine, Gentiane, Stock Fernet (gag), Ukrainian champagne(!), Mao Tai, and loads of other modern and vintage oddities that are unusual, unearthed, unconventional, unimaginable, unethical, and/or undrinkable.....go figure.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page