Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 19, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Oxygenee in germany? » Archive through April 19, 2002 « Previous Next »

Crosby
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't had the Kubler, but it sounds good. I already ordered two of the Pernod 68's from absinth-shop, also just to try. Wolvie's products have spoiled the Spanish for me. I wish they'd show up, especially the Verte.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, the wolvie thing really has me wondering, it just doesn't seem like Andy to flake unless something is wrong - my order was quick and sweet.

Have you tried Kubler before? That's the one I'm not sure about. I'm curious, why didn't go for one of the Pernod 68? I know the reviews haven't been great, but just to try...
Crosby
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Destiny,

I figured that since the shipping was the same for one bottle or four, I might as well get four. It's not like I won't get around to drinking them. I went for two Kubler and two Oxygenee. Markus said that the post quoted 6-7 days shipping, but he felt 10-14 was more realistic. Makes me wonder why I've been waiting seven weeks for Wolvie's.

Harry
Mclion
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, folks - every parcel is on its way. Please let me know when they arrive!

Markus
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just curious what everyone is ordering? Has anyone gone for the Kubler? Also, are you going for 4 bottles at once or just a couple?

Like a kid in a candy store, I'm still undecided.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everyone, Markus is a great guy. I have dealt with him in the past and he has been nothing be nice. And you can get Pernod and Kubler from him much cheaper than anywhere else I know...

- J
Mvario
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Markus, I spilled the beans and told the folks here that you were shipping to the states.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Markus! The best of luck to you in your endeavors.
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there!
I was really wondering because of all the orders from the States at the moment. I guess there are still some questions for some of you.

1. I just can't tell you, what happens, if the customs open a parcel. Only for that reason I don't want to garantee the delivery.
2. I have already sent a number of parcels to the U.S. and every parcel arrived!!
3. I'll try to answer any question sent to mail@lafeeverte.de as soon as possible.
4. I'll try to update the "foreign orders" section on my page. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hope this was of help.

Markus
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amazing, isn't it?
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

However, in a curious turn of events, he would most likely *gain* color from exposure to sunlight rather than lose it.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know for a fact that you can get hold of Oxygenée in South Africa. They say he gets better with age, so you might choose to store him horizontally in a cool, dry, dark place. Just dust him off now and then. He'll be very quiet and won't scare the children.

I wouldn't try to drink him, though.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Never mind, the website says 4 bottles max for the 70 Euro shipping fee - must have missed it before.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whoohooo, I've been wanting to try Oxygenee! And even though the reviews aren't good, I'd still like to try Pernod 68.

So, how many bottles would fit into a 4kg order? (Damn public schools.. never taught me the subtleties of metric conversion - didn't they know I'd need it for stuff like this???)

I tried a metric conversion site and this is what I got:

http://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/Humor/Funny-Metric-Chart.html
Mvario
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I got a reply to email, in very good english, got the shipping cost info I mentioned before, approx 5% for PayPal...

And a big caveat emptor, Markus says he hasn't had a shipment to the US lost, but he does NOT guarentee.

I ordered on Saturday, so I'm hoping it went out today. It's coming from Germany, so I'm prepared to be waiting a while.

-Mike
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

¡Suerte!
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They take PayPal. We'll see if they answer in English.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Absinthespoon. That's just what I'll do. Let's hope that they, at least, will ship to South America. None of the others do.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

you can translate to some degree using babelfish:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

I didn't bother, I just emailed them in English asking for a shipping quote. I don't really need translations of their descriptions of the various absinthes.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why oh why does this site have to be in German? It's like hacking a way through a jungle of syllables. I have no idea how to get through it. Any suggestions?

Do they take credit cards, for instance?
Do they answer e-mails in English?

Thanks!
Mvario
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Got lucky I guess.

I was just searcing the web the other day looking to see if I could locate some of the absinthes I wanted to try and came upon their site. They had a pretty good selection so I sent them an email. They said "Sure, will that be PayPal"? and I said cool, wrap those two up. ;-)
Crosby
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That is certainly good news. When I contacted them a few months back, they were not shipping to the USA.
Mvario
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cool,

I had already ordered some Pernod from another site, so I ordered one Oxygénée and one Kübler, both of which I wanted to try based on what I've heard.

Shipping wasn't inexpensive, the quote I got when I ordered a few days ago was 70eu for a package weight up to 4kg.

Glad I was able to let someone know

Now if anyone happens to know a source that will ship Guy to the states.... ;-)
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey thanks, Mvario. I hadn't seen that one before. I love Oxygénée, and want some more! They also have Kübler, the new commercial La Bleue.

I have emailed and asked for a shipping quote.
Mvario
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm usually the last to find anything out, so I'm sure most of you know this, but for any newbie types like me, (Mr. out-of-the-loop)...

If you live in the US and would like to try Oxygénée, Pernod 68, or Kübler...

These folks say they are now shipping to the states.

www.lafeeverte.de

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page