Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A question about SC (Sorry I know yo...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » A question about SC (Sorry I know you guys hate this kind of a post) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 26, 2002Perruche_Verte25 4-26-02  9:04 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Albertcamus
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ooo very cool box!i hope they send me a box like that.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No. There will have been brown paper on the outside of that box... my last order came the same way.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If they did, it would explain why I still havent received my order...
Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wait a minute...SC shipped absinthe to the US in a box clearly marked..."absinthe"?????
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

After the nukes rain from the sky, it's comforting to know that the cockroaches will be able to enjoy a toast to the end of humanity, because SC packaging will survive.

They rock.
Mkmiller
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know, most people know. Just for those who don't.
Mkmiller
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

just thought I would share what the packing job from SC is like....

sc
Brett
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Chartreuse here is only the green; it comes in 375ml bottles for ~$33; it is about $25 to order a 750ml bottle of either variety from SC.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Indeed. Waiting is hell.
Mkmiller
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Time is the fire in which we burn."
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Still nothing, but keeping the fingers crossed.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a big fan of Chartreuse. My only gripe with it is that its a little too sweet for my tastes. More than two or three glasses (a shot or more over ice) gets to be a bit much on the stomach. I like to wait for the ice to melt before I drink it as well. Especially the green. I think I am one of those oddballs who greatly prefer the green to the yellow. The green is very aggressive, with a strong earthly ginger-like bite to it. The yellow is much gentler, and in my opinion tastes very similar to Benedictine only not as interesting (but as a plus not as syrupy). It really isn't that hard to find Chartreuse, or at least not in my area and I live in the boon-docks. I know of 3 places within an hour of me that sell it for around $40 a bottle (750 ml). However, I actually ordered a bottle from SC once to bring down the price of shipping on some absinthe and I ended up saving a few bucks on the Chartreuse!

I am a fan of thick, sweet liqueurs (the good ones), but they aren't everybody’s thing.
String
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Samswine.com and Hitimewine.com both sell Charteuse online. SC used to be much cheaper even with shipping before the rates went up. There is allot of good information about Chartreuse in the archives including a discussion about angelica being one of the main herbs.
Does anyone have tasting notes or thoughts on the VEP?
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I know I did a very positive review about it some time ago but well, maybe my taste changed a bit... Anyway, people should try it, it`s worth it. I just don`t like it as much as before.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I'm surprised by Wolfgang's remarks, but I will defer to his appraisal as really it's been a while since I tried my one and only bottle of LMV. Bardouin is at least as tasty, if not better, and it's what I resort to more frequently when there isn't absinthe around.

To combine this with another thread: SC are such great people, I'm sure they'll do very well even if partially eclipsed by other online absinthe sources. They are a great source for port, Spanish brandy and Cuban rum, and if you like Segarra, I think they remain the cheapest source for that absinthe. Plus, they now offer surface mail shipping if you don't mind waiting but must have your goods sent more cheaply.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

SC is the only place I have found on the net that sells Chartreuse. I'm sure there are others. Someone not too long ago posted a really nice pic of a bottle of I think 1973 Chartreuse.
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, a little bit like dish water. It`s not bad doo, just not perfect. Maybe just too much cardamom.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Soap ??
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don`t agree with the segarra comparison. When I first tasted La muse verte I liked it very much. Now I just taste soap. For pastis, Henry Bardouin rules. That`s the only pastis that can make me chose a glass of pastis instead of absinthe.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page