Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 26, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » A question about SC (Sorry I know you guys hate this kind of a post) » Archive through April 26, 2002 « Previous Next »

Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

La Muse Verte is nice, probably most similar to Segarra but with licorice. I find it a bit expensive for a pastis (around $35-40 where I live), and I actually like Henri Bardouin better, for about $10-12 less. But you do get a free spoon with LMV, although it's a thin stamped generic lozanges, just like SC's or Absente's.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I prefer Damiana liqueur (in the fertility goddess bottle) to Chartreuse, but that's my tastes. I usually chill the bottle until it clouds a bit, then drink a small shot. Maybe the Chartreuse would grow on me if I tried it again. I don't know. I still have an unopened bottle of La Muse Verte pastis over at a friend's house. I bought it to compare tastes with Deva, but I never got around to it.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Chartreuse from SC tastes the same as the stuff from Bevmo. The green is much less sweet than the yellow. I think they are both superb as an after-dinner drink.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, but is there a difference between the sickly sweet stuff they sell in the US and the stuff on SC? At my local BevMo I got miniatures of both the green and the yellow label Chartreuse, and neither appealed to my palate. WAY too sweet.
Rimbaud
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>Has anyone tried the brand of Chartreuse they sell on SC ??

Unlike, say...schnapps, which can be purchased under several different brand names, Chartreuse is a proprietary liqueur, so there's only ONE brand - Chartreuse. Personally, I can't drink the stuff. I think it tastes like oregano liqueur. Yeeeeeech!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Alcohol can be political!

Back when ex-General Pinochet was being detained in London, Chile's "Fundación Augusto Pinochet", a so-called think tank justifying all that is dictatorial, decided to raise money for him by selling special editions of wine and pisco. They contracted an Elqui valley distiller to make a good aged pisco called "Capitán General", complete with a picture of the "glorious Chilean army" on the label.

In the end, Pinochet was released before the bottles were ready to be sold, and the Fundación refused to pay the distiller for them. I picked one up for cheap at the distillery.

If you've ever wondered what 100-proof distilled grape alcohol tastes like, try pisco.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone tried the brand of Chartreuse they sell on SC ?? They have the green and the yellow.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I first ordered from SC it was very fast, about 5 working days. Since the end of last year they changed something about the shipping and it takes more time but you will get your order, don`t worry. If it takes more than 3 weeks, send them an email.
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Touche...

Not just any man can run away from an ass whoopin' like that, though.

It takes a particularly cowardly one....

:P
Verawench
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Leave it to a man to run and hide from a well-deserved ass whoopin'

;)
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Leave it to a woman to justify the mind games....

*runs off to hide*
Verawench
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Now that's just plain cruel..."

No, it's not. If he comes to accept, however difficult it may be, that he will never receive his absinthe then imagine his unexpected joy and elation when it does.
Rimbaud
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hooohooohooohoooohaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
(sinister laughter)
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

21st Century Rimbaud is hardcore eeeeeevil. Dont jinx me homeskillet... LOL
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now that's just plain cruel...
Rimbaud
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You'll NEVER get your absinthe...
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been using SC for a long time now, and I've only had one shipment go missing. It was promptly and courteously replaced. You're in good hands.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks alot for the info... I feel alot better :)
Joalco
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd say you'll probably see your order within the next week and a half or so. If the order hasn't arrived in two weeks, just drop Cristina an email, and they'll take care of everything.
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

2 weeks is the norm for me, and christina is pretty responsive so send an email if you're worried. Yeah, and LaFee literally took 2 days from when I ordered it, so if you're getting the shakes and can't keep the invisible snakes off your arms, perhaps you should try eabsinthe.com.
Mvario
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think they tend towards the optimistic. My first order with them took almost a month. My last order was about a week. Other orders in between avaraged about 2 weeks or so. Still too early to worry. If you're in a REAl rush then order some La Fée.
Raschied
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Give it until the end of the month.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ha Ha... Bare... Ha Ha My bottle is probably on a beach with Tom Hanks or floating in the water. Wait thats not funny..
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd only bare with you on a nude beach.

Okay, maybe not even on a nude beach.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, This is the first time I've ordered from SC, so bare with me. I ordered on the 9th they brought the order to post on the 11th, according to them its 7 to 10 working days. As of today I havent recieved the order. I was wondering if this is normal for them. I'm probably just being impatient, but its been 2 weeks. I know thats nothing comapred to what some of you have had to wait for the wolvie guy.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page