Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 28, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Http://isuisse.ifrance.com/veuve-bleue/ » Archive through April 28, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think their market share has/will shrink. I used to order at least 4 bottles every month. Now I order 4 every 2-3 months or so just to put a little variety in the fairy's cupboard.
Etienne
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think an interesting point has been brought up. In light of the recent addition of several suppliers of quality product, and hopefully the addition of another (Jade), are SC's days in the American market numbered?
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I pardon thee, go and sin no more.
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*bowing before Destiny*

I mean no harm...please sir, please don't hurt me!!

;)
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

All ye bow before my wisdom!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very well said!!
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm a capitalist consumer - my goal is spend the least amount possible so I give my business to where I can get the best product at the best price. If my supplier tries to notch up the prices, I'll deal with it (and complain) until someone better comes along, then I'm gone.

People charge what they can get away with. Wolvie introduced a good product at a good price and redefined what things should cost; Emile Pernot will probably do the same and so will Jade. These guys are all smart capitalists because they are-getting/will-get my business. SC has served its purpose, now they will have to adjust their prices relative to the new breed of *quality* absinthes or they lose me as a customer. I'm sure they won't care, nor will I.
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not much of a capitalist are you Destiny?

As with ANY business venture they want to make money, not pals. Sure, keeping your customers happy with decent prices will make them pseudopals but the dollars make the sense. If they replace lost shipments every now and then at their cost, who's to blame them for raising shipping costs a bit? I really don't see anything wrong with that kind of behaviour. It can easily be abused and I'll bet some of the vets here could tell some stories!

All in all, SC is not so bad. Just order enough bottles to lower YOUR cost!
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I understand - they are reliable, they have good customer servivce... *BUT* their shippping prices are too damn high. I just don't think that they lose enough bottles to justify their inflated shipping rates. They should have the balls to add ovehead into the product cost and not misrepresent their actual shipping costs. Of course, if their postal charges do reasonably reflect their cost, then I am wrong.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

SC is not a group of postal rapists.

You say your order didn't make it, they reship it at no cost to you.

That security comes at a price- in order to be able to offer it they need to cover the backend so they don't end up losing money in the long run.
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jade? Soon? You are one funny guy! I'm talking about the Emile Pernot that should be available sometime in May. At ~$57 a bottle it will be a great deal if the quality is what it's supposed to be (and if they're not postal-rapists like SC!)

There's always wolvie too. Tasty brew at a tasty price. Yeah, he's been late with orders but at least he's not an asshole that over-charges
Dehe
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

whats this you speak of? Jade?
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This guy sounds like an asshole. Good thing that some quality (and reasonably priced) stuff should be available soon.
Dehe
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i do gotta say that it seems foolish to cut off someone for talking to competition (espeacially when the competition gives you money). I dont know what was up with that. Then in January he sent me a speacial offer flyer thing by email and when i emailed him he never responded. I dunno just me rambling.
Steve
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, that's #3, and those caps suck. Mine leaked when once I screwed it on too tight and had it in my luggage on a plane and it leaked on my jeans...
That's some fucking expensive perfume i was wearing!
Dehe
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh ok my bad...which the one with raber at the top..#3?
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey Nolan, so you're not Betty after all!
Nolan
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually only one of the La bleues Betina sells
comes from Fabien.
Dehe
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maldoror,
I emailed them both asking for prices...when Fabien found out that i was talking to betty too i guess he got mad and said for me to buy through betty he said that she was his reseller in the states and i should only contact him if my order was "serious" whatever that means...so yes i believe it should correspond fairly well with bettys product.
Steve
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have always recieved a quick email reply from Fabien,unlike the those bastards at ansenta.com
Maldoror
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dehe,

Do you know for certain that Betty is his reseller? If that's true can I assume that the swiss that Betty currently offers would correspond to what isuisse currently offers? I'm searching hard for some any kind of opinion on the quality of their absinthe. I'm considering buying, but would love some kind of hint of what to expect.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i emailed them last week and a couple of days ago they emailed me back, they quoted me $140 for one bottle, $390 for three bottles and they have a six bottle box that you can inquire about, they didn't give a price but said you save much . their is no apparent price difference between the different bottles just the # of bottles. the price is all inclusive(shipping+insurance+yada+yada).
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've tried to order from them but they never reply to my emails. So if Betty is his reseller, this is the place that sells it for $30 a bottle in Switzerland that she pays $80 for and we pay $200 for?
Dehe
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Betty is his reseller in the states.
So from what i can gather Fabien is a distributer of it and is looking for some more distributers to sell it in the US.
Maldoror
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone ever ordered from these people? Are there any known reviews or comments on the 3 bottles they sell?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page