Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Nolan: Absinthe Barbie for $ale

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » Nolan: Absinthe Barbie for $ale « Previous Next »

Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only if I can be your Absinthe Ken pimp you green fairy man whore you...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Then can I be the absinthe Kent ?
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 6:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hah! I'm going to order that Barbie before any of you and then I'll be Absinthe King!!!! Wraghggghha hahahhhahahahahaha!
And I bet it will be fun to take off Absinthe Barbies clothes and make her have drunken lesbian play with Sun & Fun Barbie :)
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lars, *you* are the genius. :-)

That was great.
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Front page of today's New York Times:

"Ruth Handler, Whose Barbie Gave Dolls Curves, Dies at 85."

According to this article, she died in L.A. on Saturday. Coincidence? I think not.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! is it cold in here or what?
Rimbaud
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......yes, indeed!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I admire that post, even as I fear it. ;-)
Verawench
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The corrosion you speak of was caused by Betty herself. Lars was an innocent before her poison touched his lips. You should hear some of the things he's said to ME.... *grins*
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's about the most corrosive satire I've seen since before Don's departure. A few words more would have rusted all spoons to a pile of thin brown flakes. Wicked, man, wicked! ;-)
Larsbogart
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nolan:
Before Betty reproduces them and sells them to you, I'd like to tip you off to Ruth Handlers only failed Barbie project: Absinthe Barbie. If you thought the Toulouse Lautrec Spoon was "gorgeous" you'll flip your wiglet over Absinthe Barbie.
Only 1 Absinthe Barbie was ever made and Ruth Handler was the sole owner. So impressed with herself [and intoxicated by imbibing the elixir] she began accessorizing this exquisite creation. Absinthe Barbie had her own fountain, etched swirl glasses, topette, saucer, carafe and, you guessed it, her own Toulouse Lautrec spoon. If you think the mold was difficult to make with the detail work on Bettys rip-off, I mean reproduction, can you imagine what Ruth went through?
In a rare interview Ms Handler once said: "It was worth every fucking penny to me and will probably never be available again. Oh did I say fuck?"
Ruth Handler provided her PERSONAL ORIGINAL ABSINTHE COLLECTION to have it made. I myself thought it sheer genius of her to use a single grain of sugar on top of her Lautrec spoon as the cube. See, that way you dont get it totally sugar coated.
Ms Handler was very pleased with the workmanship of Absinthe Barbie. However, the entire project went down in flames before she could finish the tiny bottles of Pernod 68% vintage.
What went wrong with Absinthe Barbie? Well Nolan, there was alot of talk about her prices for Absinthe Barbie not to mention using scare tactics on children, mostly little girls. I dont think we will ever know the real truth...
You're welcome Nolan, anytime, dude, anytime.
"Diane? Coming..."

[vw: ; ) ]

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page