Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What will you do this summer?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru April 2002 » What will you do this summer? « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ho boy!, belive me most of those who makes it still feel the mystery in it... The fairy is never so easily squized down the bottle ! It seems there's always something more to discover.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think growing wormwood is better left to the professionals. Besides, I like the mystery of things I dont know how to make.
Sicboy13
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Goin ta Wrigley to watch muh Cub's lose.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 5:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Forget the tomatoes, grow some wormwood !
Brett
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

plans for the summer:

taking a trip to san diego at the end of may
working
capturing local scenes with my camera
attempt to pen publish-worthy short stories
sit in my front yard drinking forties
order more absinthe
chop up some high class prositutes and hide their various body parts in different areas of the city

(sorry that last one may have been a mistake)
Tortainglese
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

plans for summer:
roll naked on the beach with some tenors and try to grow tomatos on the fire escape.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought they stopped printing.. According to the website they are still talking about the same bands they've always talked about. How many times can they hassle Siouxsie for an interview. Every time I see an issue of propaganda they are interviewing Siouxsie or the Electric Hellfire Club.
Verawench
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The answer is no. Writing an article for Propaganda is like doing a crossword puzzle in a strip joint.
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sweet! I'll have to pay a long overdue visit to Vinal Edge; I think it's the only place in Houston that sells it.

Do you have an article in it?
Rimbaud
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I will drain lovely pale maidens of their lifeblood by the light of the moon....
Verawench
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bjacques,

A sneak-peak of next issue's cover:
http://www.propagandamagazine.net/issue/27/27.html
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...And what will you do this summer?"

I'm not sure, but I know what you did last summer......

mu-rah-rah-rah-ha-ha-ha

(supposed to be sinister laugh but some how came off like a retarded cheer leader. God damn absinthe....)
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You betcha. I'll post again as the date approaches, or you can drop me a line by email. Which reminds me. A friend of mine passing through Austin managed to score me Propaganda #26, which I'd despaired of ever seeing since I thought the magazine was defunct.
Verawench
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Boy, we have GOT to get together.
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's still cold here, winter's last gasp. Tomorrow's Queensday, the birthday of the previous queen Juliana. It's the Dutch version of Mardi Gras (though Limburgers have that too). Street parties and everyone can sell their crap on the sidewalk. Some of the local goths are selling a beer called Witches Brew at a bar down the street from my house. It's also like Mardi Gras in that many locals flee the town because otherwise all their foreign friends will beg for crash space. As have mine. I'm hosting Pisans who will be selling hot, mulled wine in the Vondelpark. It's very good red wine.

This summer (12-25 June) I'll be in Texas, staying in Houston (and Galveston). The weekend of the 15th-16th I'll be at the Spam Museum in Austin, helping local geeks to slashdot the place in meatspace. After that, a Midsummer's Night party in Dallas, courtesy of the local Moorish Orthodox Temple. And LOTS of BBQ Czech sausage and queso flameado in between.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It`s damn snowing up here ! We`r still freezing. I think this little trip to NewYork will be the highlight of my summer. A little bit later a will go camping somewhere north, probably in the Mauricie national parc. I will also tend to this little absinthe garden at my parents`s house (they are very happy about it, it means they will see their usually very independant son on a regular basis and that he will bring the Moonman`s elixir more often on their terrace)!
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll wait seven more months for it, as will Oxygenée and half of the world: the lower half. It was fun to sweat last January, though.
Verawench
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Texas has been visited by its first heat wave, after a cool spring that for a while seemed never ending.

I don't mind cool, cloudy springs in Texas but there is *something* about the summer by the Gulf... The green is everywhere, it overwhelms. Oleander bushes everywhere. The nights are like thick warm blankets. The days are full of delirium. The sun triggers unspeakable, romantic languor. I will hunt rattle snake at Big Bend. I want plenty absinthe and pitchers of ice cold Shiner Bock. I will sit in Cafe Brazil and feel metropolitan, intellectual, and world-weary. I want that little stream of sweat between my shoulderblades. I want my tattoos to get a little sun and the crimson in my hair to melt to Cindy Lauper orange.

Saison en Enfer... I welcome thee.

...And what will you do this summer?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page