Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 29, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » NYC GT » Archive through April 29, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My saviors : http://www.amtrak.com/

There`s many trains going from Chicago to NYC every day.
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is there any among us that will be passing through or near the Chicago area to get there?
I live in northern Indiana and having trouble coming up with a way there. If I take the car the wife will be without one, also, where would I park the damn thing...
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be there motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is it again?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That lil' Depp pusswad? He can feck off. I'll bounce his ass all the way back to France.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't let Johnny Depp sneak through the velvet rope. He'd only bring Hill's, anyway.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We should just make sure to restrict access. Members should ask a password before by email...

Any computer geek around to take care of that ? One extra glass of Wolfsinthe to the one who bring a computer with webcam there and set up everything !
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fairy Fest goes worldwide. I didn't even think of that. Good idea Tim. Sound cool to anyone else? Not my realm of expertise, not that I have one.
Timk
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Also, if anyone is interested in jockeying a laptop and connection for the event, mayhaps they could set up a Kallisti Konsole for chatting with she who cannot be there and is sad."

We could set up a n IRC room to do just that :P
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Torty,

That would be lovely! Thanks.
Tortainglese
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you want to serve anything to eat at the party? Maybe I can help in this area since I am already here in NYC.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowbarly,
I don't need any RSVPs, whoever shows, shows. I'll be there no matter if it's 3 or 30.

Wolfgang,
I won't say no to donations to soften the financial blow. But noone feel obligated, I'm doing this because I love, love, love these get togethers. I've gotten w/Kalladmin, and we'll be calling her from my celly ma phone. Nothing beats live chatter.

2ly,
Too bad that fuckin' flu has to take you down like that. Maybe the good New York City air will cure you.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

looped licker, m.d. - i believe your right, i think i feel a certain sickness coming on and i'm sure it will only get worse by the end of june, they'll just have to do without me at work until it properly passes (hehehehe).
i'm looking at arriving sat. but might sneak out of work early friday and drive up then, i'd like to stay until tues. morning so i can do the tourist thing on monday. nothing is etched in stone for me yet but it is in the penciled in phase...
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The train from Montreal should be in NY at 20h00. I really can't hope to be there before 21h30. To my knowledge, there's no earlier train and I don't really want to use my car. I just hope the GT won't be an early event... I hope people will stay sophisticated at least up to around 22:00...After midnight I hope people will be desperately searching for their own ass.

Ok now let's anticipate and dream...

Done, ready, aged and tasty : 375ml of Moonman's #5.

To be done this week, 750ml of Moonman's #8.

My first idea was to bring 375ml of the experimental #7 and 375ml of #8 but it will be a better idea to have a larger quantity of one recipe so that everybody could taste the same. So I chosed for the more balanced recipe of the two. Well, I should wait until I taste it before telling this but I saw the Moonman's recipe and I put my seal of approval on it.

That will be it. More than I will drink myself but I have talked so much about it that I feel I should deliver ;-). It will be a pleasure to get lot's of feedbacks for my friend on the moon.

The Moonman's muse and personal green fairy will be with us with her majestic red hairs and captivating green eyes. Rumors tells that she participated in the creation of the #8 ! But don't be fooled, the green fairy don't drink her own nectar, she let us, fool human beings get drunk on it while she drink wine from my personal stack of Rhone and Toscan reds...

I will probably burn a cd with a gothic/ambiant compilation and another one with french songs. I hope our Louched host will be able to find a cd player.

We should really find a web connection, a lap top and a web cam to communicate with our dear admin.

Let us know Sir Louched if you need finantial aid to pay for that appartement.
Crowlyman
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is there a date by when you would like to be notified as to if we will be able to attend?
I may not know if I can be there until early June.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

May I humbly recommend that those of you who are coming to NYC for the 1st time spend as much time there as possible. There is an unimaginable amount of stuff to be done and seen.
I'll be there Sat-Tue morning. I'm working on arriving Sat morning, but it may be late Sat afternoon if I have to work. I believe Pablo's blowin' in on Friday, and the Moonman's friend is squeaking in just under the wire on Sat.
Anyone else know when you'll be in The City for sure yet?

Pablo/Tavvy-you ginks rooming together for sure?
Anyone else looking for roomies? At this point, I'm not, but shit changes, as we all know.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

UPDATE
I will have the venue nailed down in the next few coming days. It will be a 3 day apartment rental, so we'll have our privacy. I'll post when I get the address, and all who are attending can e-mail me for it. I've submitted 5 possibilities to the company, I just have to see which are actually available for June 29th, then narrow it down to the coolest motherfucker of the bunch.

Next order of business will be what brands are going to represent. Pop on your thinking caps over that one. So far, Pablo and I are both bringing Old Way. Seeing how it was a one off, and therefore rare, I'd think the more of it the better. I'll also be bringing some Wolvie's Green, DeutschePost willing. I'll have quite a stash of it, so anyone else who was planning on bringing some, keep it for your personal enjoyment. Another attendee has offered up some Larsand. And of course, Moonman's New York Fairy Squeezin' Elixer #5.
Start chimin' in folks.
Let's get busy.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

2ly sez:
"of course all this hinges on me getting that weekend off, easier said than done."
I do believe you are sick that weekend.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i might be so inclined to burn some music but it's in the same vain that wolfenstien offered, dark ambient into industrial stuff , i have a laptop i could bring too but my connection is through a local company here in va. , of course all this hinges on me getting that weekend off, easier said than done.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Old jazz would be good- Dizzy, Ella, that kind of thing.

I got me some on CD- might, might have a burner by then. Otherwise, whoever is doing the burning will be able to get some good stuff at http://www.absintheradio.com/
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds good Wolfenstein.

Kalladmin, what a great idea. Hopefully someone can oblige. Of course we'll be holding you to our collective heaving bosoms in spirit girl. For w/out you, and your forum, the shit wouldn't even be goin' down.
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfie ... contact me, I have a bunch of old (and some silly) frenchie music, but I do not have a burner. I can donate ...

Also, if anyone is interested in jockeying a laptop and connection for the event, mayhaps they could set up a Kallisti Konsole for chatting with she who cannot be there and is sad.

heh.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can make a compilation cd with dark etheral kind of music and some ambiant gothy kind of stuff.

Other kind of music should also play to please everyone :
- clasical (opera compilation would be fine for me)
- Jazz (don't ask me for this one, I know nothing about it!)
- Old french songs.
-...?

As I already said, I also have a Caruso compilation with some recordings dating back to the pre-ban era.

And maybe our resident gramophone collector could provide something if he's comming to the GT ?

...But please ! No damn radio !
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yo, creative type jockeys,

Anyone have the inclination to put together a background, emphasis on BACKGROUND, music CD or 3 for the the confab? Or better yet, bring one of those slickass MP3 players w/8 hours of jams?
Step up and be recognized. Otherwise, it's the radio, which is fine w/me. There'll be so much talking, that everything else is superfluous.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

2ly,
Hmmm, free VHS tape w/nametag and corage 2 door.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LL- all the more reason to be there, make a bunch of copies of it and put them in random boxes that way at least one copy will make in your move, btw whatever left over copies you have you can hand out at the fest.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page