Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Music that BURNS

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » New Music that BURNS « Previous Next »

Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We like Cornershop.

But yeh! Aside from that you hit the nail on the old head...
Amnesiac
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wait. I'm talking about myself. To myself. Whatever.

I'm fucked up...

...or am I???
Amnesiac
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This shit sucks, man. Amnesiac, are you on fucking CRACK????

Go back to your fucking trailer in Sterling Heights, you little bitch.

You probably say you're 'from' Detroit, right Amnesiac?

What a cunt this guy is.

Luke Slater? Cornershop? Rinocerose? Fucking poser.
Amnesiac
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Luke Slater- Alright on Top. Song #10. Doctor of Divinity. Man, I could listen to that song for fucking hours. The rest of the disc is pure 80's synth pop punctuated with Slater's diverse electronic talents. Finally a way to immerse myself in the guilty pleasures of 80's synth. Luke Slater- fucking genius.

Also...

Cornershop- Handcream for a Generation. All of it. Pretty snappy shit. Don't get no better.

Also...

Rinocerose- Music Kills Me. Song #7. Professeur Suicide.
There's just something about the word 'suicide' repeated over and over that is oddly soothing. Or maybe it's just that I'm fucking sick in the head and this is the only acceptable (by society's standards) remedy I've come up with so far. ? The rest of the disc is pure French trippery. Soothingly exotic with a twinge of heartburn. Feels so good going down, you almost want to bring it back up to feel it go back down again. Ahhhh....

So...anyone heard these lately? Impressions?

Anyone else have anything new they've listened to recently?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page