Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 02, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » NYC GT » Archive through May 02, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FOM,

Cutting it 3 ways will lessen it considerably. You may find a hotel that includes it. Try Citysearch.com.
8 would be tight. By the time you got checked in at your hotel, grabbed a bite, got to the shebang, it'd be 10, and folks would already be off and running, if you get my drift.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My problem is the train should be in NY around 20:00. If there's a delay, I'm afraid to be there too late. If I come by car I'll go away on the morning and be there in the afternoon, which leaves us enough time to eat and get ready for the event.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

C-man,

Let me know what's up. It's looking better for me taking Saturday off, as my staffing trouble at work has been resolved. If you fly, it is a flat rate from the airport by cab, I think $30. I'll help you, or anyone else out anyway I can.

FOM (Friend of Moonman),

I believe parking runs in the high $20s/day. Rimbaud or Torty may know better. Driving can be an adventure to say the least.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I checked the flying option too but it's really more expensive.

I've got an offer to pool for gaz,car rental and parking from two friends so maybe I will use that option. This way I wouldn't have to add 1300Km to my own aging car and I would be able to be there earlier.
Crowlyman
Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Because you will bring this with you to this very event!
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

''Château Hausgemachte, blanche de la cuvé des feux de Beltane.''

Or more boringly titled "#8 blanche base".

That`s what Moonman sent me for the Beltane celebrations. One word : Amazing. So concentrated it needs a 1:6 ratio. If he doesn't waste it on the coloration step, this one will deserve a name, not just a number.

Now try to figure out why I write this in this particular thread...
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LL, I have yet to set it up with the train, but one of the options had me arriving in NYC in the early afternoon on Saturnday.
I have been toying with just flying in too.

I have to hash out some $$$ issues as well. Regrettably, I'll have to cancel my plans to order from wolvie I think.

Oh, and thanx for the courtesy!!
I'll plan it out tomorrow night and tell you whats up.
Mvario
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is from the H2K book they gave out to attendees. Some advice when coming to the Big Apple:

RULES OF THE CITY

New York is actually a very friendly place but there are some things to keep in mind. If you don't know exactly where you're going and you're not familiar with the area, it's a good idea to travel with others. Don't be afraid to explore but don't forget to use some common sense. If you need to get a phone number from a payphone, 411 is free directory assistance.

Now some tips for your survival:

Do not laugh and point at people you don't know.

Do not stop short while crossing a street to marvel at the splendor of the tall buildings.

Avoid staring no matter how unusual the people you're staring at are. It will only lead to woe.

Get used to the fact that cop cars and garbage trucks run red lights at night at full speed and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Remember that you do NOT in fact "own" the sidewalk.

Respect the rats and they will respect you.

Don't stand at a corner waiting for the "Don't Walk" sign to change if there are no cars coming. That REALLY pisses people off and you may even get a ticket.

We don't recommend buying illegal drugs from some stranger on the street somewhere. If you do, be sure to ask to see their business certificate.

(The previous item was a joke. Please don't do that.)

Don't even think of looking for hookers in Time Square anymore. It's all Disney now. Do not criticize Disney in Times Square.

Do not taunt the police by waving wallets at them.

And PLEASE do not encourage the pigeons.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Torty, muh love, something wrong w/sweating? Steamy sounds good to me.
Tortainglese
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LL Darling, make sure the place is air conditioned. NYC can be pretty steamy in late June. The roof garden is great!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Depends on what the shrub is. Doesn't look smokable.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*Must remember not to jump down the roof and not to eat the shrub*
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Choice #1 is also near Torty's friend's B+B.
Good ol' Torty! Supplying food, accomadation tips and whores. Now that is New York hospitality. Give it up for the Tort!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowlyman,

What day are you expecting to arrive, and where does the train come in? If on Saturday, I may be able to meet you, and help you get your legs in The Greatest City on Earth.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Contacted my Fairy Fest apartment finding place yesterday and confirmed my 3 top choices (out of 40 possible!) for the blast. They need to confirm availability w/the owners. This is choice #1, due to the size, 900 sq. feet, and the small roofgarden:
Fest1
Fest2
Fest3
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I believe Barney is Pikkle's better looking, more well behaved brother."

Picture an actual human-sized pickle with just enough appendages to hold on to a glass of booze and/or masturbate.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know a lot of cheap whores, even some free ones.
Scanning the office here, I see plenty of choices, male and female, something for everyone. A veritable buffet of cheap whores! I think only LA has more cheap whores than NYC.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, yeah. I'll be there!
Habitat NY tried to contact me yesterday about the apts I'd chosen. Unfortunately, due to a grill jockey shortage at work, I was working. They were told to e-mail (they haven't), or call after 3 (they haven't-yet). I'll let you all know as soon as I do.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I believe Barney is Pikkle's better looking, more well behaved brother.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When pikkle spit a comment like that I always have a mental picture of Barney Gumble in the Simpsons ;-).

I need cheap whores!
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I need cheap whores! Oh wait, I can get those here... fuck it.
Tortainglese
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If anyone needs cheap accomodations in NYC, my friend runs a b&b in the East Village. One bedroom that sleeps 3 people with shared bath and breakfast is $90-$125 per night. It is in a big 2 floor duplex with private garden, great fun location. There are cats-so not for the allergic. If interested, email me directly and I will send you the contact info.
Rimbaud
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So what's the latest on who will be attending the NYC bash? I'm definitely there!
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Don't let Johnny Depp sneak through the velvet rope. He'd only bring Hill's, anyway."

"That lil' Depp pusswad? He can feck off. I'll bounce his ass all the way back to France."

Has it ever occurred to you people that Johnny Depp might be an avid lurker on this forum? I bet he was sitting in his limousine, drinking Cristal and doing lines off some stripper’s ass when those offensive posts popped up on his laptop's screen. And I bet, though submerged in his hollywood world of decadence and narcissism, he was compelled to cry one salty tear down his perfect, worshipped face.

See what you bastards have done!!!!!!

Some people still love you Johnny, 21 Jump Street 4 life!!!!!!!!
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sweet thanx.
I live near a northshore terminal, I cant beleive I hadn't thought of a train!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page