Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through April 27, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Gratitude » Archive through April 27, 2002 « Previous Next »

Artemis
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anything for you, my dark beauty.

Well, almost ....

I have several more from that sequence; shall I send them all to you?
Verawench
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Permission, Artemis, to bum the lovely non-louched picture from your first post. I'd like to use it on the Emerald Quest website.

*curtsey*,
Wench
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, got it..I forgot I removed the link some time ago because I didn`t had the time to answer all the incoming emails asking me the usual questions...
Artemis
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang wrote:

> You should contact me (email in my profile)

Well, it's not, but I found one on the web page which is in your profile. I emailed you at that address. Sorry I took a while to do so ...

Don't be looking for "Artemis" on the email; it won't be there.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I found another tail fairy but it`s so ugly and tasteless I won`t post the picture...

There's also a nice one for the Moonman if you clic on "next piece" ...
Bryan
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The "mystique" of a good absinthe be it commercial or hausgemachte is an appealing factor. Reading a review of an absinthe I haven't tried is interesting to say the least, not to mention the educational bits that can be picked from the discussions. This particular brew I have tried, and it is exceptional, and I'm glad to see it recognized. I post very infrequently, mostly due to a lack of free time, partly to lack of interest in most of the threads. I'd love to see more hausgemachte threads and reviews.
Aion
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"We shall see some more detailed reviews of this dark potion in 2-3 weeks... "

Promised!

HeHe!!
Ain´t it funny to be a little
tease sometimes?
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I did pour 3 glass of Moonsman's #7 last night, about 120 ml total, while looking at Dark Prince. #7 was supposed to reminds the drinkier of a walk in the forest after the rain, under the morning sun...it turns out to be a very dark haunted forest, on a nightmarish land without sun. This morning I'm fealling like my soul could snap from my body and be trapped in that dark dreamy forest... I've been drinking about one or two glass per day in the last two-three weeks, I think it's time for some sobering . I also think #7 is a little bit overdone, maybe I'm just a wimp but I will ask my friend on the moon to lower down the wormwood content a bit next time ! ( I never thought I would say so one day).

We shall see some more detailed reviews of this dark potion in 2-3 weeks...
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

however, we *can* understand how such reviews can be a tease.

neener, neener.
Aion
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone who feels bothered by reviews
of absinthes should check if (s)he is in
the right forum.

Is one certain absinthe not worth talking
about, just because it is not available
to everyone??
So what about vintage, LaBleue, J...

Huh, lets talk about spanish absinthes,
or czech or ...
Problem: THAT IS NOT ABSINTHE!

I´m pouring a VERY big glass of a
hausgemacht absinthe right now,
and it will not be the last one
today.

Good night!

A.
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

discussion and reviews will always be welcome here.

otherwise the gangrene might set in after we tire of the 3485789th thujone discussion or shipment from SC.
Zman7
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, I enjoy the hausgemachte posts. This is, afterall, an ABSINTHE forum. A few months back Kallisti posted something to the effect that she would like to see more "homebrew" discussions on the forum. Hell, it looks like someone obliged. Just because it is not available to all, does not mean that we all can't look, learn and lust.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We talk about it here because it's the god damned *absinthe* forum.

Every regular readers of this forum know what we'r talking about when we say hausgematches and newbies will learn very fast that it's like my old aunt's apple pie : she's damn proud of it but won't make it all days long to be able to give some to everybody in the village.

If you haven't got some yet, it's not because hausgematchers don't love you or don't judge you worthy of tasting it, it's because of a flagrant lack of availability. It's just normal that personal friends and fellow brewers who sometimes helps each others gets first in line.

I talk about it here because I really enjoy reading mysterious reviews about unobtainables absinthes myself, even if I don't always have a sample in hand. So I think it's probably the same to many other forumits. This is dream. Dream and anticipation is a huge part of my absinthe ritual.

If those who actually make absinthe or those who have the chance or knowledge or whatever reason to be lucky enough to get samples of good artisanal or vintage absinthe can't share it here anymore, this forum have become a very sad, useless and boring place.

I hope there's still a majority who appreciate those posts.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah! Ok, you mean water sports. Now I understand.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or whippin'it out to take a piss outside in Vladivostok.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whipped in the back o' the melon w/a blunt instrument.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LL- I do not know what "coldcocking" means. Can you illustrate, translate, define, etc?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Torty. She likes to play all coy and shit for quite awhile, then, BAM!-she'll coldcock ya w/a full on drunk.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Chevalier very funny. This is the score:
Fairy 1, Torta 0. No sustainable damage except my new Rigoletto recording got scratched to hell during all the maddness. Next time will have more respect for that fucking little fairy.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I do understand. Just call me Mr. McFeely.

As a guy who never took a chemistry class in high school, I stand in alchemistic awe of those who juggle alcohol, leaves and herbs and make something beautiful. It's a great mystery to me, and I'm glad to be able to catch a glimpse.

Those definitions of "hogsmacking" do wonders for lightening up a fella.
Artemis
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"On the one hand, hausgemachters are circumspect; on the other, they want their glories shown in public, in this case with a hefty dose of teasing for the non-hausgemachters."

My turn to plead guilty, but there are reasons of self-protection, pride, and a hearty dose of Ego behind it, which I'm sure you understand.

"I really don't mean to rain on a parade; I'm just trying to understand your words."

Macbeth's witches couldn't muster the storm that would rain on my parade. It's just Head P's way of pronouncing Hausgemacht.

Ligthen up, Chevy Chase, this is Mr. Rogers' neighborhood. Woncha be my neighbor? And yes, I've seen tails under the microscope, and that's it.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Ended up in my wedding dress, soaking wet, (poured the gallon of bottled water over myself) lying on living room floor, screaming in Italian ..."

(See illustration below.)
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually you throw the "s"
up there in front'a the "g"
drop the "e"
gargle with a little Tabasco
then say it like
you was hockin' up a lung...
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess of freshly squozed fairy juice, this would be the tails ...

freshly squozen
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So THAT's what it is?

hau = hog.
sgemacht = smacking.

So to be "in the know", one has to understand po' white trash. And because I don't, I guess I'm not.

Gosh -- I feel great now! Thanks!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page