Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Famous Ignorance (Quote of the Day)...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Famous Ignorance (Quote of the Day) « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Turn off your TV, cancel your newspaper subscription. Those are made for those kind of people.
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I saw this in a newspaper the other day and meant to post it but got wrapped up in train schedules and what not.

"I hate books that make me feel stupid, which I guess knocks of 50% of all books out there. When I read a book, I want it to be fun, meaning I don't want it to better me in some way...I always judge a book by it's cover, and with this one, I thought, 'This looks interesting.'"

-Kelly Ripa telling USA today about her Oprahesque bookclub's first choice.

I bet part of the 50% that she can't read are Dr. Seuss. I can't stand when people want to remain fucking stupid. Especially when celebrities make comments like these and pretend they have no power of suggestion over even stupider people.
Why read a book without new ideas that might 'defeat' you? Rise up to meet it! Jesus, you fucking moron bitch.

...sorry...got pissed.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page