Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Not happy with Wolvie and Andy

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Not happy with Wolvie and Andy « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 08, 2002Marccampbell25 5-8-02  11:10 am
Archive through May 18, 2002Pikkle25 5-18-02  2:00 am
Archive through May 20, 2002Raschied25 5-20-02  3:49 pm
Archive through May 31, 2002Giovannigray25 5-31-02  7:35 pm
Archive through June 05, 2002Chevalier25 6-5-02  4:46 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanks marc, i hope things haven't changed with him, i'll post when/if (probably early july) things go through with fabien and if/what difficulties arose...
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I've dealt with him. I never had a problem. In fact, in one exchange, he sent me absinthe in advance of my paying him. The last time I dealt with Fabien was several years ago. Unless things have changed, they're trustworthy
2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

that's the name on the email i got from isuisse.
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is isuisse run by a fellow named Fabian?
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

destiny- i believe marc c, if my memory serves correct, has delt with them (isuisse) on a semi regular basis... email him ... i'm looking at purchasing from them soon but all my extra money now is being saved for the nyc gt...
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Check out the archives for reviews on their service. I almost tried them but then along came wolvie - too bad I only got one bottle of each... (Still have half a bottle of each, I'm saving them for comparison's with Emile, Jade and anything else that comes out.)
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm glad that eabsinthe now ships worldwide . . . more competition is always a good thing!

I hadn't heard of isuisse.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd go with Markus, SC or even eabsinthe. All reliable without jacking you on the price.

Does anyone do regular business with isuisse? Their prices for a bottle of La Bleue are about $50-100 less that Betty's - is the quality the same, they supposedly share a souce, don't they?

Of course, Emile 68 is due any time now - hopefully, it's as good as it sounds!
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, Betty sounds better and better . . . I've read some unpleasant postings about her, but at least she delivers, right?
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very true. If you paid with a credit card, try and refuse payment. If not, you learned not to send cash to people you don't know. Real World 101, I guess. He seemed really cool, I wonder what really happened?

But there is no excuse for him not contacting the people who sent him money. I wish him well, but this is business, he owes people money or product *now*. He's lucky he's not selling drugs, someone would have popped him by now.

(Like I said, Andy and I are square, I was lucky and ordered earlier.)
Houseboy
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Admin is not responsible for where you send your money.
Neither is she providing anyone a place to post other
people's real name's, addresses or phone numbers.

By the way I'm in the same boat you are fella.
So bite down hard on the fact of reality that sometimes
things go wrong.
Jdm
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i don't know, but i think stealing hundreds of dollars from us is pretty "rude" and "violating", as well.
i am sick of all of these excuses, "he's working, he has a family, etc..."
well, i work too, and to me, $150 dollars is still a lot of money. if he is too busy to send merchandise that people have paid for, then he should send our money back.
by the way, i have read this board for a year or so, and this is my first post. sorry it has to be a negative one.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did anyone end up calling Andy?
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

because it blatantly and rudely violates our right to privacy rules.
Dehe
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

whyd you delete that kallisti?...email me.
Thanks,
Steve
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You guys talking about your fancy fun vacations are making me jealous - evil bastards!

Hey LaBleue, you tricky monkey, what's with the info on Andy? Are you really Swiss? If so, what's the status on the local clandestine industry, is it healthy?
Lableue
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

**deleted**
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

no, but I did spread honey and yoghurt all over her nubile young body and she let a man old enough to be her older brother lick it off!!

wait, that was a dream...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you see Patsy and Edina there? Were they trying to sell Saffy?
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

One of the last remaining places in the middle east where the locals will ask strangers "You want some hash?" Shades of old-time morroco and kashmir...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't remember. Don't think I ever knew, to be honest.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

was darma a hippie hangout when you were there?
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How times have changed. Bill Clinton went there for a big conference several years ago. I couldn't imagine a conference of any kind in the Sharm el'sheik I'd known!
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I dove mostly reefs, only one shipwreck comes to mind. A ship with bathroom fixtures ran into shark reef during a storm, spilling toilet bowls and bathtubs all around the downcurrent side. Right in the middle of the carnage, at about 30 meters was a bmw. Sort of a statement, huh?
Yea, ras mohamed park. Sharm el'sheik is very different now (I was there in '97) and has really taken on a touristy flavor. Rooms are $100 a night to start (unless you stay in the hostel) and they can't build 'em fast enough. The local celebrity now is a dolphin that has befriended a local and will come into the cove to play at designated times. You can join him if you'd like (for a fee).

The port is egyptian now of course, but they can't forget the past-during one of the dive breaks a group of us decided to do the short swim to the deserted beach and explore. The egyptians began yelling and honking the boat's horn. We came back and were excitedly told not to go near the beach b/c it was still seeded with land mines!

A lot of europeans go there, especially israil and french. but muslims go there too. I had the unique experience of seeing a woman totally covered in black, sitting on the beach with her children, right beside a french woman sunbathing topless in a g-string. I would have given anything for the opportunity to take a picture of that. I was really into photography at the time. That just FELT like the shot of a lifetime.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Holy jeez! I went to Sharm el' sheik too! Well, Ras Mohammed actually; Sharm was the port. This was in December '86. Nearly the best diving of my life. Did you feed hardboiled eggs to the big fat Napoleon Wrasse in Ras Mohammed? What a friendly fish: he acted as our "underwater tour guide". And did you get to dive the wreck of the 19th century English steamship? It's on a reef that's diveable only twice a year or so. We were lucky enough to go into the hold and see crates with hundreds of wine, lemonade and "aerated water" bottles -- torpedo-shaped, many of them, and most still corked. Opened a few and nearly died from the stench. (Think of old soiled diapers, and you get the drift.)

The port was Israeli for a while, but it had been given back to Egypt a few years before I went there. The Egyptian military port authority had let it go to hell; machinery broke down and never got repaired. We spent most of our time on a sailboat, but once we decided to drive from the port to the town; going out, we had to get out of the car and have tea with the port commander, who then made us give him a bribe. Returning, we again had to have tea with him, another bribe included. Flying from Sharm el' sheik to Cairo, we nearly crashed.

I've also dived in Palau and Malaysia.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I thought the diving in belize couldn't be beaten, until I went to sharm el' sheik on the tip of the sinai. If you get the chance...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I went to Belize back in '88. Scuba diving. We lived on a sailboat for ten days. Stayed away from Belize City, though ... the place was founded by pirates and they apparently never left it.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Murder case got continued for the third fucking time. Prosecutor is hiding evidence that my guy may not be guilty. My client has now been in jail for over a year without a trial and I can't get the judge to lower his bond enough to get him out. Frustration.

I'm about ready to chuck this life and go back to Belize...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page