Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Taking a header

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Taking a header « Previous Next »

Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The thing is, I wasn't all that drunk at the time. I was sobering up, in fact. Certainly not drunk enough to pass out on my feet. I'd been asleep, got up to get some more water, and just stood up too fast, and I was just drunk enough not to recognize that I was going to faint in time to sit down.

Of course, it's kinda creepy to think that, had something worse happened, it probably would have been a week before anybody came looking for me, since with my hours, my friends don't expect to hear from me much, and I don't think my work would call the police or anything for a couple while.

By which point my cats would probably have become very cross with me for not feeding them and decided to eat my eyeballs...
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nice to see you aren't in a coma!

I've been thinking about that- if one of us ends up with a full time job pushing up daisies, how will anyone know?

Will they be all 'I guess suchandsuch got pissed and left?'

Will 'losing your internet access' become a way to say bought the farm?
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

please, PLEASE, do not kill yourself. we are all appreciative of a good bender ( hooray!) but let us fall short of brain damage.

we like you just the way you are.

not to mention you'd have us weeping into our pillow.
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had a bit too much to drink last night, and have 3 1-1/2 inch gashes on my forehead to show for it. It wasn't just the absinthe; I have occasional episodes of orthostatic hypotension, the "head-rush" you get from standing up too quickly. Usually, however, I just have the sense to sit down. Last night I went head-first into my kitchen counter. I crawled back into bed, only to discover I was bleeding, but when I tried to get back up, I only made it half-way to the bathroom before another syncope. I gave up and just used my pillowcase as a bandage.

The problem, of course, is that when you're drunk, it's very hard to tell if you've got a concussion, because a concussion feels so much like being drunk.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page