Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Wish us luck...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Wish us luck... « Previous Next »

Bjacques
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fortuyn was a bit like Haider. Be charming, woo the white yuppies and paranoid workers. Use the law instead of brownshirts. Get in office, gut the arts and social budgets, since anyone who needs public funding for any reason is just a whiner and wouldn't have voted for Haider or Fortuyn anyway. Take the money saved and give it to the cops to protect rich neighborhoods and lean on dark-skinned people. Sue critics not dependent on public funding and yank licenses of opposition broadcasters.

The ALLEGED shooter is white, aged 33, named Volkert Vandergraaf and worked for Animal Freedom, which usually campaigns against and pickets animal testing labs. Fortuyn planned to lift all restrictions on animal testing. That covers the proximate cause of the shooting. The prime cause is that Vandergraaf is a nut.

Fortuyn's angry supporters mobbed Parliament and torched a couple of cars in the underground parking garage. They're comparing him to Kennedy, except that JFK was already in office when shot and Bobby was shot by an Arab. If they insist on the former, then Vandergraaf is just a patsy, there must be a grassy knoll nearby, and nightclub owners are welcome to shoot Vendergraaf when the police move him to another jail.
Aion
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Peter,

Does anyone out there still remember Austria´s
good (*cough*) old Mr. Haider??

He is still here, he is the man in the
background behind our government, what is not
amusing (but I must admit the government did
a surprisingly good job until now).

A.
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

it's ok now, with le pen defeated and fortuyn dead, europe and france can now step into the 21st century with a new golden future, full of understanding, cooperation and fraternal love...
i'm sure will never see the likes of their kind again, and their political parties and agendas will crumble under the weight of the united left-wing, paving the streets, not with gold, but green, the green of plants, and animals, like little squirrels, singing and dancing, holding their little gonads and...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I`m happy not to live in France these days with such a choice weighting on my shoulders... It`s like voting for Nospheratus or Mephistopheles... One is more openly bad, the other is more hypocritically bad. Your choice : corruption or disrespect of human right. Hou haaa!
Albertcamus
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

rate of population growth is near zero?,and someplaces there is a negative growth??wow sounds good to me.seems like everytime i walk out of my door i see more people.so i guess he just didnt like immigrants.
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

.Limited land,potentialy unlimited human growth.

Ah, but herein lies the real error of the anti-immigration nuts, ESPECIALLY in Europe. The rate of population growth in much of Western Europe is near zero, and in some places, it is negative. If they don't allow more immigration, or start making more babies, they are not going to have the work-force necessary to maintain their economies, especially as their population ages.
Wormwood
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He sounds alot like George Wallace to me, except of course Wallace took a bullet and lived.

Wallace's shooter was white too.
Albertcamus
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

with regards to the "this is a full country" quote,it would be logical at somepoint to conclude there are to many people in a given area.Limited land,potentialy unlimited human growth.Why he would pickout a certain religious/ethnic persuasion,i am not sure.I dont really follow dutch politics.Unless of course musslims represented over 90 percent of people wanting to move there.Like i said,i dont really know his politics.The quote may sound meanspirited,yet could also bare some logical fruit.as Nietzcshe showed over and over,the truth may not be pleasant.
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah. I saw it on the news here. The guy was trouble, but we all hoped to kill him only in the polls May 15th. Now it's possible the election may be postponed. The first political assassination since William the Silent, a leader of the Dutch revolt against Spain, was gunned down in Delft in 1590-something. Praise be to Allah the shooter was white. Some of his followers compared him to JFK (or maybe RFK). I'm more inclined to think George Lincoln Rockwell, the American Nazi killed at a rally in 1970.

I'm exhausted.
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

holy shit!
Verawench
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did someone say Fortuyn?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1971000/1971423.stm
Bjacques
Posted on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

More like Pat Buchanan: plain-speaking, bit of a scrapper, religious, wearing the patriotic mantle. Buchanan is a bit smarter, but both would make it rough for nonwhites, non-Christians, and restrict the lives of women. Pat got primary votes in 1992 and 1996 because he was the only one seriously questioning blanket acceptance of certain global trade treaties, so he framed the debate by default. Still, the final contest was between the more-or-less mainstream candidates

The US primary vote, early in the Presidential election year, is a harmless way to cast protest votes, which only influence the party's choice of candidate. The party gauges the mood of the voters and shifts ideology accordingly. Usually. In 1992 the GOP didn't, and lost crucial votes to H. Ross Perot. The Democrats lost votes to Nader in 2000. In the primaries as in the general election, the system is designed to make it hard for third-party candidates to run for general office without serious support.

Unfortunately, in Europe, the center-left parties, are drawing the wrong lessons from the relative success of far-right politicians. Le Pen (FR), the Vlaams Blok (BE), the BNP (UK) and the Pim Fortuyn Ticket (NL) captured the debate over crime, unemployment and immigration, equating the first two to the third. It only means that Europe's Laborites and social democrats (or American Democrats) need to take those issues seriously instead of saying it's just part of the adjustment process, and they should certainly NOT copy rightwing solutions. People who vote rightwing will vote for the real thing, not for panderers. Voters on the left will stay home out of despair or vote fringe. As happened in France.

But that didn't stop Labour Home Secretary David Blunkett from recycling Thatcher's complaint of immigrants "swamping" the UK or Blair promising to lock up more juvenile delinquents.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can you imagine one-out-of-five U.S. voters choosing David Duke?

OK, it's not the same. Duke was a bleeding-heart liberal next to Le Pen.
Bjacques
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now don't forget to give Chirac a good shafting in the later elections, you know, let him feel the full force of your guilty consciences over not having voted in the first round. It's important. Next door, in Spain, US companies are trying to do away with the siesta. Berlusconi still wants to make it easier to fire workers, and promises to sort out unemployment and pension benefits later. Sure.
Albertcamus
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

maybe we should all become Buddhist,i know i'm not.
Petermarc
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

chirac 82.5 %
le pen 17.5 %

aux armes etcetera...
Raschied
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We need a good extraterrestrial invasion right now, a la "Watchmen."
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wish there were a way to slay that beast- an end to political borders.

Like, for real- what fucking good do they do us?

Stop that man! He lives on the other side of The Sacred Imaginary Line!

Yeah. So? This is a problem, why? Because you say it is?

I'm not saying they don't do any good- but it will be interesting to see if anyone has anything to say.

This is one of those things that's so basic, it's hard to wrap my brain around it. But it's so arbitrary, too. An artificial construct.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I certainly do....nationalism is a growing trend all over the world...it now plagues Israel and we all see what it has resulted in there.

- J
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Meanwhile, back at the farm....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/020503/51/1hics.html
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

According to the polls, landslide seems imminent.

But regardless, good luck to - dare I say - all of us.
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*sunbathes topless on beach*
(it's french, ain't it?)

sigh, yes, but so is vichy...
Admin
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*crosses fingers*

*lights candle*

*whispers juju prayers*

*sunbathes topless on beach*
(it's french, ain't it?)
Albertcamus
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

good luck..
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ballot
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page