Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Airmail or Regular Mail for SC to Texas?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Airmail or Regular Mail for SC to Texas? « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

By clipper ship. The "Cutty Sark" needs something new to haul, now that so much scotch comes overland from Canada.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, that method is apparently only used by german postage. They also sometime put a message in your absinthe bottle and throw it in the sea ;-)
Doctorm
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was wondering how it was going to get over the Atlantic if not by Air in the first place...Could be they put it on a little raft and push it out to sea?
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Too bad the wrapping of SC boxes look like pipe-bombs, you might be waiting a while... poor Texas.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have no clue what is up with my order. I thought it was shipped by airmail, not by Juan Valdez and his trusty goat wandering the landscape of Spain with my absinthe strapped on his back. I've emailed them twice and they just tell me to wait more days. I cant Wait... I'm an American !!! LOL
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spring for the extra $8. For me, airmail has taken anywhere from 5 days to 30 days. Is it worth $8 to wait longer- probably significantly longer?
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Christopher Columbus got to the Americas faster than some of these absinthes.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The "regular mail" option is new, and they seem to offer it for the US as well. Is it sent by boat or something? The "air mail" option is the standard old method, which has been taking increasingly long lately. "Regular mail" might take forever.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i could be mistaken but i believe that the regular mail is for shipping in europe since SC is based out of spain... us lucky people here in the US of A have it airmailed.
Doctorm
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Which should I go with? $9 EU less for Regular Mail...

Thanks

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page