Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Rodnik's

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Rodnik's « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I for one won't be able to sleep tonight before seeing a photo of a Rodnik's bottle & label.

Another question:
Do you know anything about a book by our own Marie-Claude Delahaye entitled "Moi Solo" ? (351 pages. Publisher: Marabout.) What's this one about?
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

a classic skit about australian wines on 'matching tie and handkerchief'...i use it often as it can only be matched by 'it's a heavy wine, more suitable for hand-to-hand combat.'

yes, i have seen that that book has fallen into his possession...not that he needed it, but it has fun pictures...
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"... laying down and avoiding." Deft Monty Python quip.

Petermarc, have you seen Ted's new toy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=858777020
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

picked up this 'absinthe' in italy just over the border from france...seems to be easily available in most liquor stores...'rodnik's' made by the same people in spain who made 'absinto amargo'and sent it to portugal; the distillery beveland in beguda, spain...cost all of 8.38 euros, and not worth every cent...this is true to portugese absintos or those made for that market...candy/alcohol nose, unnatural color, upped to 70% alcohol from
50% in the amargo...no louche, but claims to be an 'anised spirituous liqueur'...sucks, just like neto costa, but with and added demension of bitterness as an aftertaste that sits on the tongue like a piece of shit...comes with a clear label depicting 'sacré coeur' church on montmartre...'original absinthe...a spirit distilled from wormwood and other aromatic herbs'...this is not an absinthe for drinking, this is an absinthe for laying down and avoiding...i should have known better when the italian wineshop owner said it was too strong and then proceded to show me his favorite absinthe...'absente'

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page