Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ideas For My Tattoo

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Ideas For My Tattoo « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 08, 2002Chevalier25 5-8-02  8:37 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Wormwood
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know of at least 3 people, two of them have web pages, that have absinthe related tatoos.

If they are reading this why not post some photos here.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

(Sorry, I had a momentary mental lapse where I said the design Meat Nipples linked to was a Celtic design. It is clearly not Celtic, it is Aztec.)

Anyway, you can see some cool Celtic and crop circle tattoos here:
http://www.luckyfish.net/

Pat is an awesome artist. She seems to be selling tattoo flash now, so you can get some of her designs to take to your own tattooist.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, I like this design. I took it from a link on another thread:
http://abacus.best.vwh.net/oro/oroaztec.gif
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like Wolfgangs barcode idea. "Grade A Meat" is a little too macho for me but it would accompany that tattoo nicely.

I have decided on "Daddys Boy" however, because no matter how much I change I will always be daddy's little boy at heart.

I don't fully understand why but I just made myself nauseous .
Sicboy13
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why Blackjack, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day, gracias.
Sicboy
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite idea comes from the book Snow Crash: "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" in big stenciled letters across the forehead.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I have a pimp ass spider web, visible in my profile pic, observe.

That's not your pimp ass, son, that's your pimp elbow.

You look like Brian Setzer.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dogboy has Organ Donor across his heart.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We talk much about people regretting getting a tatoo but there's also those who like it so much they eventually enhance it.

My girlfriend had a fading black lizard at the bottom of her back she wished to redraw or even enhance and last year I offered it to her. She now have a very nice colorful lizard on her back. That's the best jewel I could give, I'm sure she will wear it !

What's cute about it is you usually just see the tail poking out, as if she has a lizard creeping down her pants ;)
Desoto
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love my tattoos. But I also spent two years thinking about each one before I actually had them done. I did a mental "tattoo check" just about everyday during that time when I thought..."Would I want that tattoo on me right now?" When I answered "Yes" every time for two years, I went and got it done.

However, even though your attitudes and views may change, you can still find a tattoo that will maintain its deep personal meaning. I have a freight train on one arm that serves as a reminder of the place I was born, encompasses all the symbolism of the railroad and why travel and exploration is important in my life, the steadiness and toughness of a diesel engine and a memorial to my father. These things won't change even though I will.

Which reminds me, the violinist in my band has a tattoo of a green fairy. And she's never tried absinthe.

DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page